Evo X Turbo Swap (Air Intake, Battery) - evolutionm.net
evolutionm.net - Home of the Lancer Evolution
Home Features Community Marketplace Registry Garage Store

Go Back   evolutionm.net > Lancer Ralliart Forums > 09+ Ralliart Engine/Turbo/Drivetrain
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to EvolutionM.net!
Welcome to EvolutionM.net.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old Apr 2, 2011, 03:16 AM   #1
Personal Sales Rating: (0)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: 09 Lancer Ralliart

midas03
Question Evo X Turbo Swap (Air Intake, Battery)

I have been up reading threads all night trying to find a solution, but I have not seen any that definite. I intend to do the evo x turbo swap in a month or so, and I need to figure things out, so I can begin purchasing the parts. I have looked at the required parts list and I have a few specific questions.

1. I attend to use an AMS FMIC, incase I decide to go with a bigger turbo down the road, will Cobb Tunings Evo X hard pipe kit work on the AMS FMIC on my RA?

2. Will I need to relocate the battery to do the Evo X swap? If so is there a way to move it further back in the engine bay, and use a SFI, CAI, or SRI with the Evo x turbo? Or can I keep it in the original location and still one of the intakes listed above? ....Also, I would prefer not to use a modified version of my ralliart air intake system.

Notes: I would like to refrain from using a smaller battery, because I have an 1200 watt amp and 2 10" subs in my trunk. I also do not want to relocate my yellowtop battery to the trunk because that requires me to have some type of switch located outside of the car as a requirement to run at the track, and this is my everyday driving car as well.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! If you can upload pictures of your set-ups in your RA, if they are some type of solution to what I will need, because unfortunately I will have to get the battery solution in place before I can figure out what to do about the intake since the battery work will be done and my buddy's shop and then cobb tuning for the turbo swap, FMIC, and intake.

Thanks again!
Cobb Tuning Access Port Stage 2

Old Apr 2, 2011, 02:06 PM   #2
Evolving Member
Personal Sales Rating: (1)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: 900SS

I wanted the same thing with my X turbo swap. Along with keeping the factory battery I kept the Cosworth dropin filter and factory cold air scoop. I cut out a 3 bolt flange to match the X turbo inlet. Then I had to weld up a pipe with a couple bends to curve up and hit the RalliArt inlet hose. This is made from aluminum but could easily be fabricated from steel.

Click the image to open in full size.

Mike W

Old Apr 2, 2011, 03:25 PM   #3
Evolving Member
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: 2010 Lancer Ralliart Sportback

russell.payne@gmail.com russ_payne rpayne@romco.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralliartsmart View Post
I have been up reading threads all night trying to find a solution, but I have not seen any that definite. I intend to do the evo x turbo swap in a month or so, and I need to figure things out, so I can begin purchasing the parts. I have looked at the required parts list and I have a few specific questions.

1. I attend to use an AMS FMIC, incase I decide to go with a bigger turbo down the road, will Cobb Tunings Evo X hard pipe kit work on the AMS FMIC on my RA?

2. Will I need to relocate the battery to do the Evo X swap? If so is there a way to move it further back in the engine bay, and use a SFI, CAI, or SRI with the Evo x turbo? Or can I keep it in the original location and still one of the intakes listed above? ....Also, I would prefer not to use a modified version of my ralliart air intake system.

Notes: I would like to refrain from using a smaller battery, because I have an 1200 watt amp and 2 10" subs in my trunk. I also do not want to relocate my yellowtop battery to the trunk because that requires me to have some type of switch located outside of the car as a requirement to run at the track, and this is my everyday driving car as well.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! If you can upload pictures of your set-ups in your RA, if they are some type of solution to what I will need, because unfortunately I will have to get the battery solution in place before I can figure out what to do about the intake since the battery work will be done and my buddy's shop and then cobb tuning for the turbo swap, FMIC, and intake.

Thanks again!

As for the battery I went with the Braille B2015 and its positioned on its side but since you have subs mount the battery in the trunk the switch is not that big of deal I have seen some people mount a remote cut off for security purposes on the back of there car under the bumper or just run 2 batteries one always up front and the optima in the trunk for subs when you race pull the optima out just have a distro block in the back to allow you to do this. I have the stock evo x fmic and have no issues with the hard pipe kit take a look at the picture attached you should see the battery under the air intake.. Cobb did the install on mine...

Cobb / Upgrade Parts List
ETS 4 Inch
C5 Calipers by Kore3
NFSLancerRA Brake Bracket

Last edited by spider21; Apr 2, 2011 at 03:37 PM.

Old Apr 2, 2011, 06:49 PM   #4
Personal Sales Rating: (0)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: 09 Lancer Ralliart

midas03
Thanks, the two battery setup seems like the best solution... I have another buddy who does all of my audio so Ill have him run the optima out of the trunk so I can just yank it when I go to the track...also, whats a distro? Im quite new to all of this
Cobb Tuning Access Port Stage 2

Old Apr 2, 2011, 09:34 PM   #5
Evolving Member
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: 2010 Lancer Ralliart Sportback

russell.payne@gmail.com russ_payne rpayne@romco.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralliartsmart View Post
Thanks, the two battery setup seems like the best solution... I have another buddy who does all of my audio so Ill have him run the optima out of the trunk so I can just yank it when I go to the track...also, whats a distro? Im quite new to all of this
Distribution block for power for the amp. Sorry about that your audio guy should have no issues hooking the 2 battery setup at all its not too hard to do. But here is a good reference link.

He talks about the dual battery setup http://youtu.be/H5MP5F-uJAw
Cobb / Upgrade Parts List
ETS 4 Inch
C5 Calipers by Kore3
NFSLancerRA Brake Bracket

Old Apr 2, 2011, 09:34 PM
EvolutionM
Mitsubishi Lancer

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2011, battery, battery relocation, bring, cobb, evo, evo x turbo swap, inlet, intake system, lancer, mitsubishi, pipe, ralliart, swap, to, trunk, turbo, work