Notices

Info: Modding your RA!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2014, 05:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In the OP it said 90% of mods probably need a Tune, okay on that what are mods you can do that don't require to be tuned just for information sakes?
Old Sep 26, 2014, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for all the info.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 02:02 PM

i cant find a short ram intake for my 2013 mitsubishi lancer ralliart 2.0 l anywhre i can look?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 07:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ralliart1014
i cant find a short ram intake for my 2013 mitsubishi lancer ralliart 2.0 l anywhre i can look?
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...n-70-00-a.html

Best bang for your buck and technically doesn't require a tune
Old Oct 28, 2014, 07:53 AM

ty man
Old Jan 1, 2015, 09:16 PM
Evolving Member

So after reading this thread, I have a quick question. I think I have found a good deal via a friend hook up on a evo x fmic, bov, upper and lower intercooler piping and turbo manifold (300 for all). I'm eventually planning to do a evox turbo set up. My question is, will the upper piping fit on the ra turbo fine or do I need and adapter (till I get a evox turbo)? If so where would I get one?

Also is for the 50-60 bucks (each)that I am getting the piping for a price that I should spend on some after market options instead? Or are the aftermarket options more costly and the evo x pipes are perfectly fine.

Lastly should I pick up the stock evo x intake (not included in the 300)? Or will the RA intake with a drop in be fine when I get a evo x turbo? Don't really feel like having to relocate the battery.

Thanks guys.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
For the IC/piping: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...tercooler.html

For the turbo swap: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...arts-list.html
Old Jan 5, 2015, 08:47 AM
Evolving Member

Ok I see how I need to get the funnel tube til I get a evox turbo. That way I can run the evox intercooler and BOV.

But would the evox intake be a worthy upgrade or do you think our stock intake with a drop in if fine for a evox swap?

Also do u think the deal I got on a stock evox UCIP and LCIP are good or should i get an aftermarket set up instead for the gains vs cost?
Old Apr 12, 2016, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Exyia
Ok I upgraded the Intercooler set, but what about the BoV (blowoff valve)?

The BoV has many different names, sometimes referred to the Bypass Valve (bpv) since the OEM actually diverts the air back to the intake.

First, let's look at the purpose of the bov:
Edmunds Insideline.com have a great writeup here, so I won't go into detail myself
http://blogs.insideline.com/roadtest...alkaround.html

So understanding it's purpose now, the bov, just like the Intercooler, will never really make power - it just prevents lost power (from leaking boost pressure).

the factory bov on the Ralliart is made of weak plastic and easily leaks. when your bov leaks, you're losing boost pressure right before it enters the engine (the bov is connected to the LICP). All you need is a bov adequate enough to hold the boost pressure you are running/tuned for - there is no power to be gained from having a bov that can hold 60psi, when you're only running 20psi - vice versa.

Again, a used Evo X bov is a great piece for low cost. Since you only need a bov strong enough to hold your boost level, those shiny aftermarket ones are rather unnecessary. Remember the function/purpose of each piece when considering the benefits of upgrading!

I want the bov sound! Can I vent to air/atmosphere (VTA)?
When there is a cut in throttle, the pressurized air needs somewhere to go. When recirculated, this air is reused and sent back to the air intake (and goes through the whole process again). Because of this, your ECU/tune is expecting this recirculated air. When you vent this pressurized air to the atmosphere, you're throwing it away when the ECU is expecting it. This obviously causes stability problems. There's no beneficial point to running a VTA bov setup - other than the sound. If you REALLY want the sound, you can get it from an intake/filter upgrade - I think it's silly to sacrifice performance/stability just for a sound.
But wouldn't the sound from intake or filter different from the bov sound?
Old Apr 12, 2016, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Thwiny
But wouldn't the sound from intake or filter different from the bov sound?
Yes, the sounds are different, but if you are looking to hear the bpv sound while keeping it in the original recirculating configuration, you will hear it much more clearly through the open-element air filter of a cone-style intake than you would through the factory closed airbox
Old Apr 12, 2016, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
Yes, the sounds are different, but if you are looking to hear the bpv sound while keeping it in the original recirculating configuration, you will hear it much more clearly through the open-element air filter of a cone-style intake than you would through the factory closed airbox
Another question, manual boost controller in Ralliart. Some say it affects the sst, some say it depends on the tuner. So which one is it?
Old Apr 15, 2016, 10:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Thwiny
Another question, manual boost controller in Ralliart. Some say it affects the sst, some say it depends on the tuner. So which one is it?
Doesn't affect SST...A tune is typically recommended because you are upping the boost and should let engine know what your up to. Because of that most of these cars just run a 3-port EBCS and tune accordingly, the 3 port gives much greater control over the boost curve.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 03:17 PM

subscribed