Notices

Any CX Racing Owners?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2011, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any CX Racing Owners?

I know there's one member here that has the CX Racing fmic & piping with bov kit.

Anyone else using it? How is the quality?

Looking at purchasing the intercooler piping and the bov kit and running a stock evo x fmic. It should all fit, right?

Here's the kit

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Evolution-Ev...17668114546825
Old Dec 21, 2011, 03:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had cx fmic on gti 1.8t fitment was good and it worked better than expected.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 03:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hotkupa
I had cx fmic on gti 1.8t fitment was good and it worked better than expected.

Well that's good news, hoping I can get some positive feedback from RA owners.

Magnok (sp?) has this kit. Curious if he or anyone else has a video of the bov as well.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 06:15 AM
Evolving Member

I have researched getting this kit to fit on an RA and I seem to remember that it doesn't fit on our cars. I think someone tried it and it didn't work. Maybe someone else can shed more light on this.

P.s. I had a CXracing intercooler on my WRX and the piece was good but the gasket that came with it blew out in a day. Make sure you get OEM gaskets if you do buy it.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 06:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ever12
I have researched getting this kit to fit on an RA and I seem to remember that it doesn't fit on our cars. I think someone tried it and it didn't work. Maybe someone else can shed more light on this.
hmmm I wonder why it wouldn't fit, since it does fit on the X it should fit ours too.

I was really hoping this would be a decent budget setup (oem X intercooler, CX Racing piping).
Old Dec 22, 2011, 08:24 AM

I have the CXRacing piping with the stock EvoX FMIC and had it working w/o any issues both with the stock RA turbo and now the EvoX. No fitment issues. Here's a picture of my engine bay: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...s-dscn0676.jpg
Old Dec 22, 2011, 09:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 10Sportback
I have the CXRacing piping with the stock EvoX FMIC and had it working w/o any issues both with the stock RA turbo and now the EvoX. No fitment issues. Here's a picture of my engine bay: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...s-dscn0676.jpg
Nice looking engine bay, did the kit come with the intake? Any issues with it leaning out? How's the bov sound? Any leaks?
Old Dec 23, 2011, 06:46 AM

The kit didn't come with the intake. I bought a couple of extra pipes from them and moved the Ultimate Racing SRI further forward. I had to cut the 45 degree pipe in the middle and attached the cone filter there. I was only able to do that with the X turbo because there wasn't quite enough room w/ the OEM RA inlet and the battery.
No leaning out issues and I know for sure because I have a wideband. And of course I'm tuned for my configuration.
BOV sounds awesome, and no leaks. At one point during the tuning process it held 32lbs of boost and I am now running 26lbs.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 07:32 AM
Evolving Member

The kit didn't come with the intake. I bought a couple of extra pipes from them and moved the Ultimate Racing SRI further forward. I had to cut the 45 degree pipe in the middle and attached the cone filter there. I was only able to do that with the X turbo because there wasn't quite enough room w/ the OEM RA inlet and the battery.
No leaning out issues and I know for sure because I have a wideband. And of course I'm tuned for my configuration.
BOV sounds awesome, and no leaks. At one point during the tuning process it held 32lbs of boost and I am now running 26lbs.

Cool, thanks man. You wouldn't happen to have a video of it? i'm going to order this after xmas.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 08:07 AM

What do you want a video of? Do you want to hear it run or just see the whole installation?
Old Dec 27, 2011, 08:18 AM
Evolving Member

What do you want a video of? Do you want to hear it run or just see the whole installation?
Drive by video or in car wot would be neat to hear/see. Just curious how your intake & bov sound.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 08:35 AM
Evolving Member

bump for more reviews!
Old Feb 6, 2012, 09:25 AM
Evolving Member

I have the intercooler on my car. Works pretty good, haven't ever tested it for temps though.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 04:03 PM

i had this on my car before and worked great! just need to figure out how to bolt the fmic in place! good luck.. for the price.. its good.. but minor fabrication needed..
Old Feb 16, 2012, 04:44 PM

i a=have a CX racing FMIC on another car, the piping is fine, but the IC is total junk..

Quick Reply: Any CX Racing Owners?