Notices

Feeler - CBRD Ralliart short runner exhaust manifold - group buy

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2012, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Feeler - CBRD Ralliart short runner exhaust manifold - group buy

Well, i've been giving this part some thought since when it comes down to it those of us sticking with the stock frame RA turbo have no means for improvement as far as the exhaust manifold goes especially those of us that are going the RAD lite route and have or plan to have full bolt ons... the manifold is be the last "restriction" in this case

So i've talked to Chad @ CBRD and they're willing to Fabricate short runner replacement manifolds

Exact pricing will be determined based on numbers ordered, but expect it to be approx $700 thats just an estimate... this will change depending on quantity/material cost

Of course this is a feeler to get numbers and names, then i can take that info to Chad and work on the details, He estimates gains of 8-15 WHP by what they seen previously

I've also asked about getting a heat sheild made to replace that oem tin foil one

Interested members;

1) Robyn402
2) billyboy1
3) Import_racing
4) Jasoob
5) Hecky
6) deprydation
7) ever12

While no designs have been drafted yet, i can only imagine it will be somewhat similar to what they do for the X's manifold

Last edited by robyn402; Nov 27, 2012 at 11:11 PM.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would want to know what the expected hp/tq gains would be before spending that kind of money on something that might produce minimal gains.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

True enuf, i asked Chad about that when i was originally thinking about this but i forgot what the magic estimate was and forgot to ask when i was talking to him recently... i'm just waiting on a response from him now
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:21 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
normally we see between 8-15whp on these on our dyno!

Wouldn't mind doing something for you guys- nice project while we transition into our new facility!

cb
Old Nov 2, 2012, 07:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any drawings produced for this yet?
Old Nov 2, 2012, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

Could be interested - would be good to see how it compliments the rad lite
Old Nov 2, 2012, 02:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by billyboy1
Could be interested - would be good to see how it compliments the rad lite
Yea same here.. =D
Old Nov 4, 2012, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

no drawings or designs yet, me and chad just started talking about it... next step i guess is getting the cash in order,

should i add you all to the interested list?
Old Nov 4, 2012, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Chad, I already I inquired about this with you. Didn't you say it would cause boost surge issues? Or was that just for a ported/polished OEM RA exhaust manifold?

I personally don't think a tubular exhaust manifold on such a small turbo would yield much except for slightly quicker spooling.

Nonetheless, I am curious to see what the results are as I have a Rad Lite and full bolt-ons already installed.

I would be interested but it has to be ceramic coated and or wrapped since I have my heat shield removed. I think by default it should come coated.

Last edited by Jasoob; Nov 4, 2012 at 05:33 PM.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 09:15 PM

Interested. Pending more details, price, etc.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

i had mentioned to chad about fab'n a functional more asthecially pleasing heat sheild for it

coating as well is definitly a good idea if it can be coated enough to run without a heatsheild and have no risk of melting/burning things around it, could make a nice showy peice

My feeling on this is its going to be one of the parts you get to squeeze all the ponies out of the engine you can, like the PnP intake manifold, phenolic gaskets, PnP head and a nice set of cams... all together would probably be a nice performance bump

its going to be a very niche part for those of us going against the grain and not going with a X frame turbo

Originally Posted by Jasoob
Chad, I already I inquired about this with you. Didn't you say it would cause boost surge issues? Or was that just for a ported/polished OEM RA exhaust manifold?

I personally don't think a tubular exhaust manifold on such a small turbo would yield much except for slightly quicker spooling.

Nonetheless, I am curious to see what the results are as I have a Rad Lite and full bolt-ons already installed.

I would be interested but it has to be ceramic coated and or wrapped since I have my heat shield removed. I think by default it should come coated.

Last edited by robyn402; Nov 6, 2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Like myself. I don't want to bother doing a swap. I'm running 11s right now and this would be a nice addition with a cam.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 02:55 PM
Evolving Member

I would like to see this made, but would also like to see a dyno first. I had an aftermarket exhaust manifold on my wrx with the stock td04 and the difference was quite noticeable.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

as would i,

but realistically unless we can convince CBRD to do it on faith or some sort of a down payment for R&D, someone will just have to bite the bullet on faith (which is what im currently contemplating) and be the first

Last edited by robyn402; Nov 6, 2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

Sounds like an interesting concept. I'd be interested to see a more asthetically pleasing heat shield back there and definitely a coated manifold. I've actually thought of ditching the heat shield and getting a kevlar heat blanket just to make things prettier. Might be embarassing to show off that tiny lil turbo though.

Quick Reply: Feeler - CBRD Ralliart short runner exhaust manifold - group buy