Notices

camshaft sensor bad?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2013, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
camshaft sensor bad?

I think when my dealership was doing my transmission flush I think they might have screwed with my can shaft sensor has anyone had this go to bed my car is a 2011 with 60,000 miles
Old Oct 15, 2013, 08:54 PM
Evolving Member

what makes you think that?
Old Oct 16, 2013, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AmsRalliart
I think when my dealership was doing my transmission flush I think they might have screwed with my can shaft sensor has anyone had this go to bed my car is a 2011 with 60,000 miles
I'm in Maryland like you. Which dealership are you referring to here?
Old Oct 17, 2013, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Slee256
I'm in Maryland like you. Which dealership are you referring to here?
Younger Toyota in hagerstown
Old Oct 17, 2013, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by parralegend
what makes you think that?
I had it scanned and that what the code was for also the code popped up a day after they changed mg oil and they were d!@ks about it
Old Oct 17, 2013, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Was it code P0016 or P0017? There's a factory reflash for misdetection of those two codes on 2010 and 2011 models
Old Oct 17, 2013, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

TSB 11-13-008

Note: this is a TSB, not a recall, so it is not guaranteed that your dealer will perform this flash for free if you are beyond your warranty expiration limits.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
TSB 11-13-008

Note: this is a TSB, not a recall, so it is not guaranteed that your dealer will perform this flash for free if you are beyond your warranty expiration limits.
Yes I am out of my warranty I was out of it 3 weeks after buying the car brand new lol but I will have it scanned again I am not sure of the code # and I will contact my dealer the Mitsubishi dealership where I got the car from the toyota is just a sister dealership that has all the garages and lifts for service but thank you for the Info
Old Oct 20, 2013, 06:19 PM

ok what happens is while driving in sport manual it went and said trans service awc service and my car lost all power gas wise car was still running then when I stopped it was idling like my car has a big cam in it and if I put it will drive but only 2k rpms in each gear but then I stop and turn my car off and pull the main fuse and start it again and it runs fine just have the service engine light on I have a new sensor coming to put on Thursday I really hope this is the problem
Old Oct 20, 2013, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AmsRalliart
ok what happens is while driving in sport manual it went and said trans service awc service and my car lost all power gas wise car was still running then when I stopped it was idling like my car has a big cam in it and if I put it will drive but only 2k rpms in each gear but then I stop and turn my car off and pull the main fuse and start it again and it runs fine just have the service engine light on I have a new sensor coming to put on Thursday I really hope this is the problem
Welcome to "limp-in" mode. This is very common with modified cars that haven't eliminated the P12xx codes also. Hopefully they put in the correct fluid...
Old Oct 21, 2013, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
Welcome to "limp-in" mode. This is very common with modified cars that haven't eliminated the P12xx codes also. Hopefully they put in the correct fluid...
How do you eliminate those codes? and they have done all my maintenance so I hope they did it right also. It just started all of this when they were supposed to do my trans flush but didnt have enough trans fluid to do it so they just did a oil change then the next day the service engine light pops on
Old Oct 22, 2013, 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Are you sure they didn't drain some of the fluid and then realize they did not have enough to re-fill it? Could they be that criminally stoopid? [shudder]

Take it back and make them fix it or PROVE it wasn't their fault.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Veronica
Are you sure they didn't drain some of the fluid and then realize they did not have enough to re-fill it? Could they be that criminally stoopid? [shudder]

Take it back and make them fix it or PROVE it wasn't their fault.
No they didnt do it that day they just changed my oil then the next day the light came on then on Wednesday I took it back in and they did the flush car runs fine and shifts fine other than when that happens I cant wait till Thursday But seriously thank you to everyone who has posted on here I learn more and more about my car every month I have owned it since jan of 11 lol but I hope next month I get the ok to go back to work part time and by January buy a civic for a DD let this thing sit and just be a weekend cruiser and full on show car then