Notices

COBB v300 USDM 2009-2014 Ralliart Beta OTS Maps

Old Apr 1, 2014, 06:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I downloaded the "new (refined)" v300 stage 2 91oct OTS map, reflash it, still dont have stedy idle..., but i don't reliay on those OTS map anyways (no one should), wait untill i get my dp and hfc, 1000cc and 255 fuel pump installed then I'm going to get a AMS dual map E-tune cuz they tune with cobb, that way i can keep my AP for data logging and switching maps and still have a good tune! Cobb AP... Tactrix cable... i just think of those as data logging tools and protals to your ECU, dont buy them just because of their OTS maps is better then the other, those maps are there just to get you by with a little fun then stock, your final goal to get custom tune and you are all set!
Old Apr 6, 2014, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
To be fair the V3 may not be the best bang for your buck but i have yet to actually experience any negative effects like bad idle and what not... just a lack of tune vs a bad tune really.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 06:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by po_bo
Cobb AP... Tactrix cable... i just think of those as data logging tools and protals to your ECU, dont buy them just because of their OTS maps is better then the other, those maps are there just to get you by with a little fun then stock, your final goal to get custom tune and you are all set!
After switching to the GST OTS map a few days ago, I would strongly disagree with this. Using Cobb with a basic stock map was OK, but when I got a turbo-back exhaust and IC + pipes upgrade the maps just wouldn't perform. The power delivery was uneven and the shifts were laggy and jerky most of the time. My tuner wanted $200 just to try to fix the transmission's behavior, a custom tune would be another $500 at least. With the GST Stage 2 map the car is completely different - shifts are great, power delivery is really smooth. All a tuner has to do at that point is just light modifications to make the map perfect for the car, which is probably what I'll do next time I go to the dyno.

The only issue is that Cobb is way more convenient for changing maps and logging. Also it removes the need for cluttering the A-pillar with separate gauges. But hey, I can live with that as long as the maps work properly.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by AlDim
With the GST Stage 2 map the car is completely different - shifts are great
Yeah... a lot of work went into the SST-related tuning. It ate up the time of quite a few people in the RA EvoM community. Those results are largely due to the sheer volume of "beta" testers, their experiences, feedback, etc.

There must have been 25+ different experimental ROM versions people tried across a period of 4-5 months in 2012.

To be honest, a lot of it was trial and error. Interestingly, a lot of our collective time was taken up addressing wacky side-effects. You find something that changes SST behaviour for the better, then spend five times as long finding and eliminating the side-effects it introduced!

And, as you said, there is nothing stopping tuners from using the current GST Base Maps as a starting point. :P

I'm in no position to comment on Cobb's stuff. Just giving some background as to the evolution of the free base maps - blood, sweat, tears, much fuel used, lol.

Rich
Old Apr 6, 2014, 11:49 PM
Evolving Member

Well, the effort has certainly been worth it. The way the SST was behaving with the Cobb tune, I was almost ready to just go back to stock everything. Extra power is useless if the transmission feels like crap. Reading that Cobb had made exactly zero changes to the new v300 "beta" maps in the final versions made the decision to switch quite easy.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

The lack of effort that Cobb has put forth toward the Ralliart community over the last few years is so pathetic that I've reached the point where I would never buy a product with the "Cobb" name on it.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 06:23 AM

so here is my issues boys:

I drive a 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart:
I got the COBB accessport V2 running the new update with the EBCS installation. I tried first stage2 octane 91 ..vehicle low RPM fluctuates at 900 to 800rpm go up & down about to bog & about to turn off..keep in mind I had tiny bit left of gas (100km average left) and stupid me a while ago I put gas at zehrs gas station...(im hoping bad gas only) ...so then CEL came on after a short twest drive.. P0300 - Random Misfire ..did some research & ppl said could be bad gas, could be spark plugs ...however I already replaced my spark plugs last weekend (NGK) and It has been running just fine until yesterday after the tune. so I decided to unmarry the cobb accessport and went back to stock & everything went back to normal...no fluctuations nothing at all so that puts me into thinking that I have no vacuum leak, not spark plugs/ignition coil issues....whats left to think is either bad gas or the cobb tune needs adjustments. I then decided to go to a gas station & I pumped 94 octane and changed my tune to stage2 93 ...still same issue when I'm on idle....fluctuates 900 to 800 rpm...until today so far same thing i'm just ganna drive around more to get rid of this "bad gas" i'm assuming it is bc as I recall ON COBBs website they got some info about the gas TIER or something which recommened couple of gas stations only (petro, shell) .
please help me out guys. I really don't want to go back to stock.. I love the product. It runs solid I have no other issues except the idle...so far no CEL yet..after the octane 93 tune.

please remember...after I put everything back to stock ..everything went back to normal..so its no way its vaccum leak, sparks or coils...
let me know what you can do for me thanks!!!

other mods I have in the car is the following:
EvoX intercooler
UR upper intercooler pipe
UR downpipe
Magnaflow Cat back
EBCS Grimmspeed
Stock air box
Old Apr 10, 2014, 05:48 PM
Evolving Member

Well i use the ACN 91 because gas quality around me is sheit... but even when i ran a 93 map i didn't occur those problems
Old Aug 28, 2014, 04:40 AM

same issue

Originally Posted by AlDim
I tried the beta Stage 1 93 v300 map this evening and my 2012 Ralliart feels like a dog compared to the v200.
I had the same issue where when uploaded stage 1 v3 it only boosted at 10 psi. I had to load stage 0 to get it running at 18.5 again.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 04:49 AM

downgrade to v200

Can anyone tell me how to downgrade to v200 maps?
Old Oct 26, 2014, 03:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by larsonfamily8
Can anyone tell me how to downgrade to v200 maps?
to add to this, I wanna buy a cobb ap, but where can we get the V200 91/93 maps? seeing how the v300 maps are junk
Old Oct 30, 2014, 12:50 AM
Evolving Member

Just talk to Cobb, they'll give you the maps.
Old May 17, 2020, 07:33 PM

Cobb Stage 2 Not enough boost.

anyone have any answers relating this? I am on stage 2 91 Octane map on my 2011 ralliart and it runs laggy with not a whole lot of boost. I cannot get past 17 PSI it seems. I ran 2 logs (attached). One with maintaining rpm through gears 2-4 and the other regular acceleration driving. Can anyone see anything wrong or concerning? Does not look like any boost leak I can see. Maybe my relays are bad? I replaced them last year with full set from MAP performance.