Notices

Ralliart & Evo X MR TC-SST Beta Testing. Flash with Tactrix

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2014, 02:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vaq-

How would a 2014 ralliart owner go about getting LC and sport mode by using the mut3 system? I work at a Mitsu dealer and just flashing to a 151.cff didn't help at all?
Old Aug 15, 2014, 05:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Since you work at the dealership have you seen any different files for the Evo X. They may have done some modifications to the TCU of the Ralliart to avoid the ability of us to flash it.

Originally Posted by racespad3
Vaq-

How would a 2014 ralliart owner go about getting LC and sport mode by using the mut3 system? I work at a Mitsu dealer and just flashing to a 151.cff didn't help at all?
Old Aug 15, 2014, 09:06 PM
Evolving Member

Do we need to do teach in?
Old Aug 16, 2014, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by vaqusis
Since you work at the dealership have you seen any different files for the Evo X. They may have done some modifications to the TCU of the Ralliart to avoid the ability of us to flash it.
I've seen a whole lot of files that you haven't listed in any of your guides, which threw me off. They may be updates or something since the files used by the dealership are all straight from Mitsu motors.
I can load any of the files but I don't know what any of them contain or which goes to which vehicle - which is the biggest issue I'm facing.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 01:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by alsong2002
Do we need to do teach in?
I haven't and I believe most others haven't either. If your satisfied with how your car shifts then I'd skip it.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 02:13 AM

Question - I have a 2010 Ralliart (AUDM) but had my clutch packs replaced under warranty. The dealer told me they were a new part number, I'm assuming from the 2013/2014 generation. Would I be better off running the never 8631B151.cff file?

Reason I ask - I've been running the older file version for a couple of weeks now. I have done the teach in, which seems to have gotten rid of the slip in 4th, but I occasionally get lurching (minor) of the car on startup, and some other strange noises when changing gears. Anyone else have a similar situation?
Old Aug 17, 2014, 07:59 AM
Evolving Member

Your lurching on start up is normal. Everybody gets it.

I also have those clunks when down shifting. I always drive the car in manual mode. So it helps to avoid those clunk noises especially when you learn about your car on when is the best to upshift and downshift.

Super sport is awesome. It really transfer the power from engine to the wheels. I love when the car jerks slightly in super sport mode during upshifts. Gives u a feel of driving a car with manual transmission.

Last edited by spekil; Aug 17, 2014 at 08:04 AM.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 07:55 AM

Why not clear DTC's with PassThruCAN??

Hi. Have just done the unlock of S-Sport mode on my 2010 RA without the use of the Tactrix equipment but using this.

My question is, why not use PassThruCAN to clear the DTC's as stated in the instructions? as I can't get it to talk to ECUFlash to clear them.

Awesome step through by the way and has saved me £80 getting it done over here in the UK by one of the Mitsu Tuners.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 08:21 AM

First off a huge thank you to Vaqusis and the rest of the community for all of this.

Just finished doing this to my 09 Sportback running gst 91 octane w/boost pill using a Windows 7 64bit laptop. Instructions were clear and s-sport and launch control both work very well. The only problem I ran into was right after the flash, in normal/auto every gear was revving to almost 3700rpm before it would shift. Didn't like that so I ended up doing the teach in process and it shifts much much better, shifts better and smoother then before the flash honestly. The whole process took about an hour and was well worth it.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 07:51 PM
Evolving Member

The reason I quit using PassThruCAN to clear the DTC's was because it kept locking up my pc and didn't clear anything. I'm assuming it was something wrong with the software or my aging laptop. But, I had access to ECUFlash and EvoScan. Both worked better and quick and also allowed me to see which DTC was tripped. Primarily ETACS timeout for the TCU reboot.

Originally Posted by stundies
Hi. Have just done the unlock of S-Sport mode on my 2010 RA without the use of the Tactrix equipment but using this.

My question is, why not use PassThruCAN to clear the DTC's as stated in the instructions? as I can't get it to talk to ECUFlash to clear them.

Awesome step through by the way and has saved me £80 getting it done over here in the UK by one of the Mitsu Tuners.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by vaqusis
After much playing with the MUT-III software and a lot of research over the documentation in the original post, I'm beginning to realize the exacting differences between the passthrucan and MUT softwares.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but passthrucan utilizes a few files for reflash. Of which, one .flpart file must be custom tailored to fit ECU and S/W part numbers and one .flpart number can exist at a time in the specified folder.

In contrast, MUT-III either stores or creates a temporary unique .flpart file at the time of reflashing? With my 2014 ralliart sedan, the MUT-III appears to do this to be able to load any .cff file and successfully complete a reflash after 10 minutes each time. For example: 8631b151.cff changes all the shift and rpm points after a reflash. So if I am correct, then the only issue so far is that no files so far have given launch control or super sport mode. I have not modified an .flpart file due to the fact that I have not found a way to insert it into the MUT-III system as of yet. Please advise, comment, or give any input. Thanks.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 05:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey vaqusis, any update on the modified b002 file u were testing? Was it Successful?
Old Aug 28, 2014, 06:27 AM
Evolving Member

Yes and no. I was able to successfully flash the S-Sport mode to the B002 configuration file. It failed the first 19 times until I got the right variable plugged in. The S-Sport for the Ralliart is hidden and not missing. It held up great for about 200 miles. The Rev Hunt issue didn't appear to exist at all which is awesome, but there were some issues. I'm not sure if it was the already beaten up clutch's or the change.

I participated in the first ever Colorado Gumball Rally. My car was already experiencing vibration at high end as well as higher than normal Transmission temps. A little more than an hour into the 900 mile trip the transmission starting shifting very hard when slowing down or slight slipping when trying to go up steep inclines. I took out the fog lights which lowered the temp back down to a manageable area but I think it was just too much for her. I believe that the metal disks between the friction disks are burnt or warped from high temp and high speeds. I have the logs from the full 900 miles.

So, at this point I'm going to be waiting to purchase a new set of clutches. I've been debating on the Dobson upgrade set or not. I think I'll actually just stick with stock for tuning purposes and maybe upgrade in the future if this whole tune setup comes to fruition. The clutches at this point are pretty well beaten up and home to work to home is pretty much her only safe bet. I retuned back to the stock B001 and I only drive in S-Sport now.

And in case anyone is wondering. She took 3rd overall even with clutch issues. I would post up the logs for everyone to view but I need to remove the "Speed" area first.

The whole trip.

Originally Posted by total0wnage
Hey vaqusis, any update on the modified b002 file u were testing? Was it Successful?
Old Aug 28, 2014, 09:06 AM
Former Sponsor

Can this do a full reset of the TCU? I have something jammed in mine that happened during a flash (something in the ETACS is jammed, need to do a full reset).

Can this be used to do a full reset then reflash Super Sport on?
Old Aug 28, 2014, 02:32 PM
Evolving Member

Yes. Flash to a different TCU version and then back to original.

Originally Posted by DSG Performance
Can this do a full reset of the TCU? I have something jammed in mine that happened during a flash (something in the ETACS is jammed, need to do a full reset).

Can this be used to do a full reset then reflash Super Sport on?

Quick Reply: Ralliart & Evo X MR TC-SST Beta Testing. Flash with Tactrix