Notices

Ralliart & Evo X MR TC-SST Beta Testing. Flash with Tactrix

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2014, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there any portion of the sst I can log to watch for intentional clutch slippage? Is there a way that the torque limit tables can be modified by me? Does anyone have anything in reply to my previous post?
Old Sep 16, 2014, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by n/aisweak
When you guys are all saying rev hunting are you in a gear with a constant amount of throttle? Are you saying the engine is revving up and down while sitting? I am trying to figure out if this is for LC and S/S is for me. Does it only do this hunting while in the S/S mode? It would seem to me this hunting is actually clutch slippage. I can't risk clutch slippage on my wife's daily driver. She has always been on board with any modifications I do to her car so long as it stays reliable. I just got rid of her 2006 4EAT WRX with full STI+ conversion, she was sad to see that go.
Rev hunt happens for me in 6th gear in any mode and in auto on manual. When cruising just under 2000RPMs with steady throttle. The revs will go up and down by as much as 200-300 RPMs. I just drive around it. I drive 99% of the time in sport/manual mode and don't shift into 6th unless I'm above 50mph. I've noticed an increase in fuel mileage driving this way too. Bonus!
Old Sep 16, 2014, 07:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ok, first let's try and answer the question defining the "Rev Hunting" issue. It's not a problem in S-Sport mode, it doesn't show up at all. It's based on the MPH/RPM style tables where the transmission is showing a certain shaft speed at a certain RPM in either 5th or 6th gear. 5th and 6th gear in the Ralliart are taller. The ECU directly communicates with the TCU and the TCU responds accordingly to it. Right now in Normal mode it's the most prevalent because the TCU is checking the shaft speed and realizing that it's RPM base tables don't match the ECU's tables. They argue what I can see it's not clutch slipping it's just RPM matching going on. I haven't seen it cause any clutch slippage because of it and it normally happens in 6th around 2200 RPM.

There SST clutch slippage can be monitored pretty easily. It's complicated to read and there has been discussion regarding how much slip is fine and how much is too much but that is up to the vehicle age, clutch mileage, transmission filter life and transmission fluid breakdown.

Here is a pretty good starting point from our buddy Beeble, the man is a genius when it comes to tuning the SST for optimal grip and fun.
http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61388

But, all in all it being a daily driver isn't impacted by the flash. It shifts a little weird because the shift points are different but that's about it. I've seen a few run a couple thousand miles with no problems.

Originally Posted by n/aisweak
Is there any portion of the sst I can log to watch for intentional clutch slippage? Is there a way that the torque limit tables can be modified by me? Does anyone have anything in reply to my previous post?
Old Sep 17, 2014, 05:18 AM

I have had the SST mode in for 3 months and have experienced no slippage or hunting in 5th or 6th, the vehicle drives as before in ST and normal mode. My vehicle is a 2014 Ralliart, are the issues being experienced in older models? there was an upgrade to the gearbox I've been told.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by vaqusis
Ok, first let's try and answer the question defining the "Rev Hunting" issue. It's not a problem in S-Sport mode, it doesn't show up at all. It's based on the MPH/RPM style tables where the transmission is showing a certain shaft speed at a certain RPM in either 5th or 6th gear. 5th and 6th gear in the Ralliart are taller. The ECU directly communicates with the TCU and the TCU responds accordingly to it. Right now in Normal mode it's the most prevalent because the TCU is checking the shaft speed and realizing that it's RPM base tables don't match the ECU's tables. They argue what I can see it's not clutch slipping it's just RPM matching going on. I haven't seen it cause any clutch slippage because of it and it normally happens in 6th around 2200 RPM.

There SST clutch slippage can be monitored pretty easily. It's complicated to read and there has been discussion regarding how much slip is fine and how much is too much but that is up to the vehicle age, clutch mileage, transmission filter life and transmission fluid breakdown.

Here is a pretty good starting point from our buddy Beeble, the man is a genius when it comes to tuning the SST for optimal grip and fun.
http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61388

But, all in all it being a daily driver isn't impacted by the flash. It shifts a little weird because the shift points are different but that's about it. I've seen a few run a couple thousand miles with no problems.
Thanks for the reply and I have some reading to do. The car is a 2011 RA sportback with a whole 10k on it and until now was stock. I have only done the boost pill map for 93 octane at the moment. I will be putting a drop in filter or AEM, TBE, and EVO X FMIC on shortly though. Again this is her daily and while I want it to be as fast as it can be, it must first and foremost be 100% reliable. I guess I should say, at least as much as an AWD turbo mitsu can be. She drives an average of 22-25k a year, so I had to find a low mileage one. Most of her driving is 6th gear cruising which is why I was so concerned in the first place.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by StockieXR6T
I have had the SST mode in for 3 months and have experienced no slippage or hunting in 5th or 6th, the vehicle drives as before in ST and normal mode. My vehicle is a 2014 Ralliart, are the issues being experienced in older models? there was an upgrade to the gearbox I've been told.
I also have a 2014 and flashed the file for the 13-15 Evo X. Is that the same one you used? I keep getting rev hang at the top of the gears in all modes and seem to have the rev hunting issue also when cruising in 5th or 6th.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 04:53 AM

I used the latest available evo x file
Old Sep 19, 2014, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by StockieXR6T
I used the latest available evo x file
Did your stock software ID end in 972 by any chance?
Old Sep 21, 2014, 05:00 AM

Ill have to check. It was months ago I did it.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 05:47 AM
Evolving Member

Most current ROM Hardware and Software ID's

Evo X
A749 - 8631A3790C -- 8631A379

B001 - 8631A8270B -- 8631A827

B151 - 8631A9710A -- 8631A971

Ralliart
B002 - 8631A8600B -- 8631A860

B152 - 8631A9720A -- 8631A972
Old Sep 22, 2014, 06:00 AM
Evolving Member

As for anyone having rev hang problems at the top of gears, there is a huge correlation between the TCU software and the ECU flash programming for the SST.

Plain english - The transmission will shift when it reaches optimum shift points as defined by the transmission but it's an equation that is throttle (load) values and clutch pressure dependent.

Example:
If I have this -

It's a very clean shift between gears. It's optimized for the turbo and power being created.

This -

Hang's very badly and often causes the car to slam off of the rev limiter before shifting.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 04:21 AM

That makes sence, I've tuned my car, 3 port and more boost, raised rev limiter otherwise all stock. I have not messed with these tables. Never found the need
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:55 PM
Evolving Member

After much consideration I have decided to compile all information into a single location consisting of multiple threads on a different forum. They will consist of the latest information available about the tuning, logging, flashing and general information of the TC-SST. Hopefully everyone will continue to follow the process and lend support in whatever capacity.

It has been a pleasure on this site and I hope everyone feels the same as I do in saying Thank you for making this a pleasurable place to visit full of knowledge and information.

EvoX & Ralliart TC-SST Flash with Tactrix
http://tinyurl.com/oqhslsa

TC SST Tuning ECU based
http://tinyurl.com/oj4u7as

TC-SST Tuning TCU based
http://tinyurl.com/lv69f8x

TC-SST-Logging
http://tinyurl.com/lw6t7m5

TC-SST General Knowledge Parts Manuals Repairs
http://tinyurl.com/l37sawl
Old Oct 4, 2014, 02:28 PM

The words amazing come to mind! What an amazing job u did this rocks!!!!!
If I was to do the teach in do I do all of it every step?
Old Oct 4, 2014, 06:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tazz33
The words amazing come to mind! What an amazing job u did this rocks!!!!!
If I was to do the teach in do I do all of it every step?
There's a write up on it somewhere. You don't do every option just some of them. Hold in let me see if I can find the ones you need to do. Also the engine needs to be running when you do it. The boost teach in is kinda scary because the motor revs over 4k rpm but just keep the break pressed and you'll be ok lol.

Quick Reply: Ralliart & Evo X MR TC-SST Beta Testing. Flash with Tactrix