Notices

Transmission Required 58k

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2015, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But it has got me curious. I'm at work right now so don't have time to look it up. Is there a dipstick to check the level?
Old Apr 17, 2015, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
There is not. There's some sort of bolt in the back but very hard to get to and most techs dont know about it. I hope he filled you up and you're not low on sst fluid. You're supposed to need about 6.5L of SST fluid for the flush. Unless they only charged you for 4L and gave you the half of the can for free?
Old Apr 17, 2015, 05:41 PM

That's a possibility, they are the #1 Evo dealership in the Midwest so they may have had a bottle sitting around.

They did find a few issues though, RF stabilizer bar has play, and apparently my LR axle seal is leaking. I had them hold off since they wanted $400 to fix the issues. This weekend my buddy and I are putting it on his work lift to see what needs to be done.

75,000 miles on it now and very few issues.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Raikiri
I would stick to Diaqueen.

EDIT: Give this post a read
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/mi...l#post10870477

In the following link on their website here: http://www.jackstransmissions.com/co...st-trans-fluid

On the link they talk about the owner of the company searching for his own replacement of the Diaqueen fluid, but never found a true replacement as all other fluids(Castrol, Ebay fluids, and Pentosin) did not allow the tranissmission "to operate as it should".
Either Castrol is lying to their customers or I can´t read right, but if you follow my link you can clearly see that they state in the description that Castrol Transmax Dual is sutiable for both Evo X and Ralliart.

http://www.castrol.com/sv_se/sweden/...smax-dual.html
Old Apr 18, 2015, 10:03 PM

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/mitsubishi-tc-sst-discussion-all-equipped-models/590515-all-about-sst-fluid.html
Old Apr 19, 2015, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DeepFrz
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/mitsubishi-tc-sst-discussion-all-equipped-models/590515-all-about-sst-fluid.html
The links I posted came directly out of that thread. Continue reading up to the last few pages.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 05:44 PM

no forget it guys i bought a wrx, Ralliarts are a joke... almost like they have a timer set saying hey were gunna F*** up your car at 50K-60K seriously this subaru is way better quality all around. have fun replacing your trannys..
Old Apr 20, 2015, 11:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GTSFrickle32
no forget it guys i bought a wrx, Ralliarts are a joke... almost like they have a timer set saying hey were gunna F*** up your car at 50K-60K seriously this subaru is way better quality all around. have fun replacing your trannys..
Have fun with Subaru ringland failure. Blown engines can be pretty costly too lol.
All performance cars have issues, accepting that is half the battle.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 12:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AlDim
Have fun with Subaru ringland failure. Blown engines can be pretty costly too lol.
All performance cars have issues, accepting that is half the battle.
Cause performance cars are supposed to be driven hard and still work perfectly yo!

But in all seriousness OP sounds butthurt. Hope he enjoys the WRX though and will probably chime in on the subi forums when his engine goes.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 03:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by GTSFrickle32

I'd be pissed too but you admitted a lack of PM...how is that the cars fault?
And if you don't like the PM rate/cost, its pretty easy to google what a cars gonna cost you to own, Sounds like you bought a car you weren't ready to own at all.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 05:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
[shrug]
With proper maintenance my tranny is fine at 99K. A few anomalies (spurious codes that never reappeared after cleared...) and a slight 'clunk' if I go to 6th gear without a wee bit of power on (like there is 'slack' or play in the shift fork that power takes up).

RA would be bullet-proof with a 6 speed manual. But they didn't offer it - so I take good care of the TC-SST (and pray).
Old Apr 22, 2015, 02:11 AM

The links I posted came directly out of that thread. Continue reading up to the last few pages.

Read page 9 in this document:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-fnvWbyGsu7aGtWRnNvMGF0dEk/preview?pli=1
Old Apr 22, 2015, 02:29 AM

I would stick to Diaqueen.

EDIT: Give this post a read
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/mi...l#post10870477

In the following link on their website here: http://www.jackstransmissions.com/co...st-trans-fluid

On the link they talk about the owner of the company searching for his own replacement of the Diaqueen fluid, but never found a true replacement as all other fluids(Castrol, Ebay fluids, and Pentosin) did not allow the tranissmission "to operate as it should".

I changed my Transoil last summer to Transmax Dual and havn´t had a single problem. I have also talked to Castrol and they confirm that their fluid is the same as Diaqueen (BOT 341).

I wouldn´t give 2 cents for the "Jacks transmissions link", when they sell genuine Mitsubishi parts and the Diaqeen, so they are obviously looking out for Mitsubishis interests and are biased in their favor.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 03:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by WhiteRalliart
So why does this link back up your argument that diaqueen is overpriced?(I agree it is)
I'd be curious to see what the ford and volvo stuff costs
Old Apr 22, 2015, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

Idk. I've read other forums as well that people began to experience leaks overtime from using other fluids besides the Diaqueen. But again time will tell.

The Ford/Volvo fluid appears to not be good for the Mitsu SS-T as per post #198

Last edited by Raikiri; Apr 22, 2015 at 11:17 AM.

Quick Reply: Transmission Required 58k