Notices

To keep my ralliart or not...need advice

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2016, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To keep my ralliart or not...need advice

I have a 2010 Ralliart that I purchased in 2013. I love the car, and enjoy it very much. The car had a brand new transmission replaced under extended warranty about 1.5 years ago (at about 80,000 miles). The car has 93,000 miles on it now, and I average about 200-250 miles 4 days a week (that equates about 40,000 miles per year). The warranty runs out in June, and I need to decide if I should keep it or get rid of it. The $11,980 bill for the trans has me skeptical if I should keep it or not. I am a car guy by nature and have rebuilt many muscle cars, jeeps, and older Shelbys, so I am not new to working on cars. I do not beat the car, I just really enjoy using it for my daily commute to sales meetings. If I keep the car, are there any ways to achieve better than 22-24mpg? Thanks for all your help on this.
Old May 2, 2016, 09:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No one is going to have a perfect answer for you as it comes down to your preferences. I will take a stab at it but again this would be my input:

If I was traveling as much as you I would not keep the RA as a DD. For a few reasons:

1: Gas mileage (and yes it could be improved with some bolt ons and a tune but we are talking at most maybe 5mpg)

2: Repair cost (not that it is outrageous like the tranny bill you got, which was extremely bloated)

So what would I do in your shoes, I would get something like a Civic or Corolla to commute in. But I couldn't be without my vice, so my X would stay cozy in a garage or driveway somewhere.

If that is what your RA is to you then by all means hang on to it but I would find other transportation means. Then drive the RA on weekends or once a week or something.
Old May 3, 2016, 11:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CaTaSTrophiK
No one is going to have a perfect answer for you as it comes down to your preferences. I will take a stab at it but again this would be my input:

If I was traveling as much as you I would not keep the RA as a DD. For a few reasons:

1: Gas mileage (and yes it could be improved with some bolt ons and a tune but we are talking at most maybe 5mpg)

2: Repair cost (not that it is outrageous like the tranny bill you got, which was extremely bloated)

So what would I do in your shoes, I would get something like a Civic or Corolla to commute in. But I couldn't be without my vice, so my X would stay cozy in a garage or driveway somewhere.

If that is what your RA is to you then by all means hang on to it but I would find other transportation means. Then drive the RA on weekends or once a week or something.
^ What he said!
Old May 9, 2016, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by russ72
^ What he said!
totally agree, if I was putting that many miles on my Ralliart, i wouldnt have it anymore, that tc-sst scares me without warrenty
Old May 9, 2016, 09:35 AM

I would sell it
Old May 10, 2016, 04:58 AM

Thanks for the replies, I really appreciate you putting my mind at ease that I was doing to right thing by considering selling it. I will clean it up and get it ready to sell.
Old May 10, 2016, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would keep it and buy yourself a hybrid to use as your Daily Driver.