Notices

Rebuilding My TC-SST Transmission Next Week

Old Dec 7, 2016, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Glad everything is working out so far.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What was the price if you dont mind me asking... nice to have a ball park baseline to go by.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 05:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I found a local Mechanic who we had do some work on my wifes car ( Nissan Maxima needed an Alternator and I didnt have the time to do it ( not to mention it's still 30 degrees here in maine )... The guy charges $75 an hour no matter what hes working on... Charged us a hair under $200 for the Alt, and 2 hrs of labor... Then while he was in there noticed a few other things and fixed all of that with a new belt ( belt had holes in it, last mechanic said he did all of this last fall... he'll be lucky to be eating solid food )... He charged us an extra $50 for new tensioner pully, new belts, checked everything else and gave the rest of the car a once over.

I drove by this guys shop a few times and he has BMW, Porsche, Chevy, Ford... he works on just about anything. Come to find out he works on a few of the race cars for the local racers when there is stuff they cant do. So I asked him about doing the trans service on mine. He immediately got excited and said he'd do it but wanted to check to make sure he had everything he needed and what the labor involved was. Got back to me the next day said he'd charge me 1 hr of labor to do it. Plus he's going to put my summer tires/rims on the car and fix a rattling i havent been able to get to ( heat shield ) We live in maine, so salt, snow, dirt still covers everything and im anxious to get this done. In my eyes? $75 is peanuts for the amount of aggravation he's going to save me.

$325 ish for the kit from Jacks
$75 for labor... I can live with that!