Notices

How to: Upper/Lower IC pipes & EvoX Intercooler

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2014, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So is it just easier to install the evo x fmic and keep the stock RA licp? Can someone give me more info on the coupler size for the licp? Will I need one for the uicp?

Last edited by rallibiz; Aug 29, 2014 at 01:59 PM.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 11:55 AM

You def wanna swap the licp. Reducer coupler is for the lazy peeps. Pretty sure the numbers are listed on club ralliart if you chose to go that route. Its like 2.5" to 2.25 or 2" either way a nice 2.5" complete evo setup will be the best answer.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by markspd6
You def wanna swap the licp. Reducer coupler is for the lazy peeps. Pretty sure the numbers are listed on club ralliart if you chose to go that route. Its like 2.5" to 2.25 or 2" either way a nice 2.5" complete evo setup will be the best answer.
Are the evo x and ralliart uicp the same diameter?
Old Aug 31, 2014, 12:33 PM

No, you just wanna swap it all for x stuff, no reducer couplers nothing interesting, all that stuff kind of defeats the purpose of going to a larger pipe and core setup. You will then sell your ralliart stuff to a lancer guy, for him to go turbo or keep it for returning to stock.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by markspd6
No, you just wanna swap it all for x stuff, no reducer couplers nothing interesting, all that stuff kind of defeats the purpose of going to a larger pipe and core setup. You will then sell your ralliart stuff to a lancer guy, for him to go turbo or keep it for returning to stock.
Ok but will the uicp from ultimate racing fit? That's basically why I am asking. Also, I know there is a few complications in swapping out the licp right? Like adding a piece pipe to reach the bpv? All these swap posts are confusing. Lol
Old Aug 31, 2014, 04:58 PM

All evo x uicps will fit, and you just need to find an evo bov line and cut it in half to fit the x licp, theres also a radiator hose you can male work the part numbers listed on club ralliart.. Theres nothing confusing about it, until you try and split the deal with RA/X parts, just find all the x stuff and swap it.. I have sold about 15 complete IC swap kits through club ralliart, but i just dont have any built up right now, so youll have to buy from members here. Its all very straight forward and easily done, its about 3/4 hours to do the entire operation, and trust me, youll be glad you did..
Old Sep 1, 2014, 01:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
All Evo UICPs will fit as long as you have the Evo FMIC just to clarify the above post.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Veronica
...and remember - you need an EVO X LICP from a MR (not a GSR).

Wait, a GSR LICP won't fit a Ralliart with EVO X intercooler??? Am I missing something?
Old Sep 22, 2014, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Some of the aftermarket variants have trouble with fitment, but the OEM piece is very much useable on the RA
Old Apr 10, 2015, 09:34 PM

To be clear, I just did the evo x fmic upgrade to my 2012 RA. I used the evo x upper hose which connects the compressor outlet to the top of the fmic ( evo x intercooler feed diameter 2.5" compressor outlet same as RA stock (1.75")). No fitment problems. An aftermarket evo x setup would be the same with the evo intercooler. Licp fitment with stock RA Licp is 2.5" from the bottom of the evo IC to 2" on the stock licp. I think some people are giving bad info here between hose and pipe sizes. Any home depot type coupling will be in pipe sizes which is bigger than the actual diameter. That's why there are so many discrepancies on which size is right on all the different forums. You will all be better off buying silicone hose couplings that are the correct (hose size or actual diameter of what fits in them) size....RA stock compressor outlet is 1.75", evo x fmic inlet is 2.5", evo fmic outlet is 2.5", stock RA Licp is 2". If you use the evo licp, that's 2.5".
All sizes I gave on evo/RA sizes are actual outside diameters. You need to make sure the inside diameters of the couplings you buy are the same.

Last edited by Imported1; Apr 28, 2015 at 12:52 PM.
Old May 23, 2016, 06:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EVO X Intercooler/UICP/LICP

I know this is an old thread, but it really helped me when installing an EVO X FMIC/UICP/LICP. Since the bumper was already off, I threw on a pair of Hella Sharptones as well as an EVO X BPV. The 6 inch pipe from speedway motors fit perfectly!

Last edited by thunderchicken; May 23, 2016 at 06:32 PM.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 11:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by thunderchicken
I know this is an old thread, but it really helped me when installing an EVO X FMIC/UICP/LICP. Since the bumper was already off, I threw on a pair of Hella Sharptones as well as an EVO X BPV. The 6 inch pipe from speedway motors fit perfectly!

Nice looking car, wish I would of gotten gray/silver instead of black.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 06:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Guys I just want to be sure.

I know that I need the upper metal pipe (the one with a 90 deg angle) from a EVO X because is shorter and wider than the stock one found in the ralliart.

My question is.
Will the stock RA long rubber hose attach easily to that metal pipe?
Old Oct 6, 2016, 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

I purchased an ETS IC awhile back w/uicp and I bought a evo x LICP as well. With the evo x licp will I need a decoupler for pipe end that fits on engine side? Second, the evo licp didn't come with a bov return line and was wondering if anyone knew the part number for the radiator hose that will fit?? I have one and number is 71967(length code D; Dayco), for some reason I bought one...
Old Oct 14, 2016, 10:24 AM

Good info! I too am looking to doing this same thing. So if anyone had a stock evo x with lower pipes at least they wanna sell to me! sry for the thread jack. Lol this info os very useful for the future

Quick Reply: How to: Upper/Lower IC pipes & EvoX Intercooler