Notices

How To: Install an AEM Wideband

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2011, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hotkupa
When I cruise and I take my foot of gas the nidle goes all the way to the end I lose the readings and only get 4 lines on the bottom is this normal? Thanks
that is normal
Old Nov 16, 2011, 10:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by evremonde
innovate LC-1 is way better.

I hate the LC-1. I got rid of the LC-1 to get a Uego.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cficare68
I hate the LC-1. I got rid of the LC-1 to get a Uego.
what is the difference? i got the uego cause thats what everyone was getting and i already got a aem boost gauge also
Old Nov 20, 2011, 02:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had my UEGO installed for about a month and it works perfect and is as accurate as it claims.
Never want to have to install that ***** again though.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 09:18 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for a great write up, saved me time and hassle
Old Dec 15, 2011, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by dek0026
Nice job.

what's a wideband?
really? thanks.
my tuner (not the one below....my new one) said widebands are pure crap and just to smell for fire or oil when at the track and that will mean i'm running lean. and also if my exhaust doesn't smell like e85 then it's probably not e85.
back on topic: good how-to, robert. looks like it took some effort to do.

i still can't get over the fact that the removing front license plate how-to is more popular in this section.
Cant believe people thought you were serious....
Old Jan 13, 2012, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

when you ran the wire in through the passenger floor and up to the steering column, how did you get it from that hole in the floor to the fuse panel? installing right now so help asap would be wonderful

i see the stock gray wire is going through the side of the center console, but i dont know where its ending up after it goes through there

any help is greatly appreciated guys. the sooner the better lol.

thanks
-C
Old Jan 13, 2012, 06:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Chaz17
when you ran the wire in through the passenger floor and up to the steering column, how did you get it from that hole in the floor to the fuse panel? installing right now so help asap would be wonderful

i see the stock gray wire is going through the side of the center console, but i dont know where its ending up after it goes through there

any help is greatly appreciated guys. the sooner the better lol.

thanks
-C
I just did mine few weeks ago. Remember that the wire running from O2 sensor just goes to the back of the wideband, the other wire is the one that supplies power, so you just run it from the fusebox to the wideband. But to get the O2 sensor wire from the hole in the passenger side, just run it through the console and out the other side. There is lots of room under the radio, I recommend taking those side panels off, then you will see what you are working with. What I did was loop all the extra cable and secure it in the console by the shifter, then ran the wire I need to where my wideband is mounted, just so i didn't have all this wire hanging above my feet. I am sure there are many ways to skin a cat on this install, I just did what I thought would be best for me and keeping the wiring as clean as possible. Hope this helps.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TurtleRA
I just did mine few weeks ago. Remember that the wire running from O2 sensor just goes to the back of the wideband, the other wire is the one that supplies power, so you just run it from the fusebox to the wideband. But to get the O2 sensor wire from the hole in the passenger side, just run it through the console and out the other side. There is lots of room under the radio, I recommend taking those side panels off, then you will see what you are working with. What I did was loop all the extra cable and secure it in the console by the shifter, then ran the wire I need to where my wideband is mounted, just so i didn't have all this wire hanging above my feet. I am sure there are many ways to skin a cat on this install, I just did what I thought would be best for me and keeping the wiring as clean as possible. Hope this helps.
youre my new favorite member i ran it under the radio as well. still have to install the test pipe and then attach all the wires. then ill put the excess wiring in the center too. thanks man
Old Jan 13, 2012, 06:44 PM
Evolving Member

^ Thanks for that. Not sure if you have a tactrix, but I got the standalone logging working my using the blue wire from the aem and wiring up an old 2.5mm stereo jack I had. Was pretty simple to do and is working awesome.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boostedtres
ive heard there both junk. does this read when the car is turned off to? I think it would be vital to read the AFR with the car turned off. Just saying...
Old Jan 13, 2012, 10:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by erald01
lmfao
Old Jan 20, 2012, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

I got the Wideband bung installed in my DP and will be installing the wideband this weekend! It only cost me $30 for the installation and we put it at 9'oclock because it would cost more to do it at 3'oclock or 12'oclock.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

I installed a boost gauge in my car, can i wire up the wideband to that too or is that too much for one fuse?
Old Jan 23, 2012, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pbassist12
I installed a boost gauge in my car, can i wire up the wideband to that too or is that too much for one fuse?
ive wired both of mine to the cigarette lighter fuse and haven't had any problems.

Quick Reply: How To: Install an AEM Wideband