Notices

How To: Install an AEM Wideband

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2012, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by total0wnage
ive wired both of mine to the cigarette lighter fuse and haven't had any problems.

okay cool thats what I did yesterday lol
Old Jan 25, 2012, 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

Finally did this today even tho it was pretty cold, wow was it a PITA.
Took me a while trying to get everything off and stuff but it was okay, the how to definitely helped! Thanks!
Old Jan 28, 2012, 05:47 PM
Evolving Member

I did this in parallel with the tp install.... wideband install was much easier... the 02 socket I purchased stripped the fack out of it.. I was so pissed. Eventually two people and vise grip got it off... not to mention the 10 oz of pb blaster I had to use on the 2bolts and two nuts to take off. Holy crap. My driver side bolt was galled .5inches! Everything else was a major pita to unscrew but evenually came together nicely.. thanks to the rediculous amount of time to do the tp install (almost 5 hrs) it took over 7 hrs today start to finish to get everything done. But its done. Only two mods left, a borla cbe/ cpe cbe not sure yet.. also ordered aem intake. Bryans best map should be flashed in a few weeks
Old Feb 2, 2012, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by TurtleRA
^ Thanks for that. Not sure if you have a tactrix, but I got the standalone logging working my using the blue wire from the aem and wiring up an old 2.5mm stereo jack I had. Was pretty simple to do and is working awesome.
Which wires did you use from 2.5mm plug? Red (tip) or white (ring)? Or does it even matter?
Old Feb 2, 2012, 10:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well I soldered on my own wires since headphone wires are so thin. But you put the serial wire on the ring (middle), and the ground to the ground, which is not the tip. Hope this helps.
Old May 8, 2012, 01:20 PM

Hey Robert,

Question... I see that you went through the side center console. How did you remove it? I only see one screw for both side and I'm pretty sure it's not as Simple as removing the screw. Are there any other screws? Tried removing it but it was on there pretty good. Is it held in by plastic clips (don't want to break it then)? Can you explain more in detail or if ANYONE knows that will be great. Thanks everyone.

P.s if anyone has pictures that be really helpful also.
Old May 9, 2012, 05:54 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by khami
Hey Robert,

Question... I see that you went through the side center console. How did you remove it? I only see one screw for both side and I'm pretty sure it's not as Simple as removing the screw. Are there any other screws? Tried removing it but it was on there pretty good. Is it held in by plastic clips (don't want to break it then)? Can you explain more in detail or if ANYONE knows that will be great. Thanks everyone.

I did it a little different. After coming up through the gromet under the dash on the passenger's side I ran it up behind the glove box and from there I went under/behind the radio and across to the steering column. Plenty of open space back there and you just have to remove the glove box, the fake carbon fiber trim, and to make it easier the dash piece around the radio. Takes about 30 seconds to take that stuff out.
Old May 9, 2012, 02:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by khami
Hey Robert,

If you want to remove those side trims (either side), you need to move the center console back about 2" so that you can get at the screw holding it at the rear. The center console also clips to it.

I ran mine under the carpet and up that side panel to the space behind the radio, and then over to the gauge myself.

Originally Posted by TurtleRA
^ Thanks for that. Not sure if you have a tactrix, but I got the standalone logging working my using the blue wire from the aem and wiring up an old 2.5mm stereo jack I had. Was pretty simple to do and is working awesome.
Did you post a "how to" on this anywhere? I searched for info on this, but didn't find anything. Link?

Last edited by Struc; May 9, 2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 09:54 AM

Is there a way to connect the serial output directly to a USB cable without having a female serial to male serial - USB connection or does that have to be inbetween..?
Old Jun 4, 2013, 07:52 PM

Q for the hole!

Just wondering,so does it means the oem downpipe doesnt has the hole for AEM wideband?
Old Jun 22, 2013, 05:05 AM

how to for 2.5mm jack wiring with standalone would be cool
Old Oct 18, 2014, 04:41 PM

No more pictures!?
Old Dec 2, 2014, 01:37 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Great write up
Old Feb 22, 2015, 06:17 PM
Evolving Member

can someone update the images for the howto
Old Apr 8, 2015, 10:54 AM

Canīt see the images in the first post from Imageshack. Opened an account at their website, but it didnīt solve the problem.

Quick Reply: How To: Install an AEM Wideband