Notices
AEM EMS Get tuning help for your AEM EMS system.

Trouble starting car and car suddenly dies while driving. Bad Walbro?

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2010, 12:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trouble starting car and car suddenly dies while driving. Bad Walbro?

Hey guys,
I'm having an issue with my car and I wanted to post on here to see if anybody has encountered this situation before. My car is running the AEM EMS.

So, the other night my car wouldn't start. It rab for a second, then died and refused to start again. With the ignition 'ON' the fuel pump was making erradic noises like it was trying to prime but kept doing it and wouldn't stop like it normally would. *I ended up having to get the car towed. *I went out the next morning and the car fired right up! *Strange...

Now a week later the car is still having problems starting. When I turn the ignition ON, the fuel pump will not prime and the car won't start! * I unplug the EMS, plug it back in and the fuel pump primes and starts!

Also the car occasionaly dies while driving. *When I go to restart, again no fuel pump prime and car doesn't start.

Do you guys think this a sign of a bad Walbro fuel pump? I don't think it can be a fuse or relay or crank position sensor since my car would never start or run at all in the first place with those bad, right? *Does this situation sound familiar to anybody? I'm thinking it has to be a bad fuel pump or a bad wire connection somewhere. I guess it could also be something wrong with my EMS but I REALLY hope not. I would appreciate any help or advice here and sorry for the long post. Thanks guys!

fred
Old May 23, 2010, 01:22 AM

prolly just a loose wire, but you can give full function a call for a better answer
Old May 23, 2010, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

excuse my ignorance but who is full function?
Old May 23, 2010, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Ive been dealing with this too. I have a 1320 on mine its something with the center plug (2nd plug). The plug isnt loose or anything. Randomly the pump will just reprime itself over and over, sometimes it wont prime and 95% of the time its fine.

When it does happen i put pressure on the second plug on different spots, or unplug it and plug it back then it finally primes once and is good to go. I havent opened the ems yet but i really have a feeling it has to do with the connection from the engine harness plug to the motherboard of the ems. IDK if the sodering broke loose to the motherbord, or if the connection got bent.