Notices
AEM EMS Get tuning help for your AEM EMS system.

Schematic? pin out diagrams?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2015, 07:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Schematic? pin out diagrams?

AEM EMS V1

I am getting readying to install a Sparktech Pro14 and need to connect the CDI to the ecu harness but I don't know what the correct pin locations are, anyone have a diagram or schematic that has what the pin locations are? I have a pig tail coming from the cdi with four pins so I'll probably just cut and solder them into the harness unless someone knows where I can get a pin punch tool. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Justin
Old Jul 21, 2015, 04:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by littlegif1
AEM EMS V1

I am getting readying to install a Sparktech Pro14 and need to connect the CDI to the ecu harness but I don't know what the correct pin locations are, anyone have a diagram or schematic that has what the pin locations are? I have a pig tail coming from the cdi with four pins so I'll probably just cut and solder them into the harness unless someone knows where I can get a pin punch tool. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Justin
Coil #3 is pin #52
Coil #4 is pin #16

I know the non-cdi COP when I tested for Craig at Sparktech years back had the ECU pins on it, does the CDI version not come this way?

I ask as I am against cutting the factory ECU harness, de-pin the harness and then plug in the coil wires accordingly. Slide a little shrink wrap over the factory wiring and lightly heat it to protect the pins and carefully ziptie them back. Then if anything ever happens or you sell the car to someone else you can return the car to stock and the wiring is unmolested.

Here is a link to the instructions:

http://static.summitracing.com/globa...vm-30-1313.pdf
Old Jul 26, 2015, 09:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it! Do you have any recommendations on the best way to de-pin the harness? I did purchase a pigtail from craig that will allow me to connect the CDI.

Thank you,

Justin
Old Jan 20, 2016, 08:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Help too