Notices
AEM EMS Get tuning help for your AEM EMS system.

AEM Infinity Installation

Old May 5, 2016, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
The data log rates to a raw memory stick are like 1hz, so 1,000 samples per second.
When you log to your laptop while connected it is also very fast, data resolution is just amazing. I just installed an Infinity on a 06 Subaru STI. After building the harness for it, the car started super fast for a base cal. It is a really nice product. Also if you have any questions you can ask AEM directly they are very good over the phone, or even on there forums. They are in SoCal.
Old May 5, 2016, 11:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Well this thread just answered a few questions for me already, Thanks for the info.

Yes i now am a owner of a AEM infinity with the flex fuel sensor.
Old May 6, 2016, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Here is the 3d boost mapping you can do use Flex % and a Trim pot.

Attached Thumbnails AEM Infinity Installation-infbc.png  
The following users liked this post:
BiFfMaN (May 7, 2016)
Old May 6, 2016, 10:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I love how you have a 3D table based on ethanol content. I actually wondered about that before. Very cool to be able to make it target a different boost level for different mixtures as you dial up the boost...

WGDC base for boost target and RPM is awesome too. It probably always stays right around what you target if that table is close doesn't it?
Old May 11, 2016, 11:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Regarding fail safes, I was wondering if anyone knows if you can do something like tie turbo shaft speed to the boost table(s) so that if the speed gets dangerously high, you can have it cut boost.
Old May 12, 2016, 05:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Seems like you can have a fail safe based on pretty much any input just from playing around with the software looking at what all it can do.
Old May 12, 2016, 10:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by RJones
Regarding fail safes, I was wondering if anyone knows if you can do something like tie turbo shaft speed to the boost table(s) so that if the speed gets dangerously high, you can have it cut boost.
Yes you can.

i also learned that you can set-up a fuel pressure sensor so that the Infinity can adjust the injectors duty cycle accordingly, in case of dropouts or spikes in fuel pressure.
Old May 20, 2016, 09:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you guys have issues with long start ups with the infinity base map? Also when we are tuning I'm hitting a boost spike/fuel cut out the roof at 4K every time I was thinking my aem solenoid may need a pill in it but want to maybe test with the stock solenoid. Any input? Thanks! Definitely need to spend more time with it when I get the chance
Old May 20, 2016, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Do you have a log? and the cal?
Old May 20, 2016, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by TheBoz
Do you have a log? and the cal?
I don't have logs right now but duty cycle from 10 to 12 percent the boost jumps 10psi
Old May 20, 2016, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by TheBoz
Here is the 3d boost mapping you can do use Flex % and a Trim pot.

A question:

Seeing as there is a boost solenoid base duty table that does not have ethanol % as its axis, how is the solenoid duty changed when the boost target changes with addition of ethanol? Is it entirely done via error correction?
Old May 20, 2016, 08:30 PM

This is a great thread, Sub'd!
Old May 24, 2016, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by evo8tanner
I don't have logs right now but duty cycle from 10 to 12 percent the boost jumps 10psi
I experienced this same boost jump with 1 or 2% duty cycle, it's something I hope to isolate/figure out once I get my car back together. It's not ALL the time which makes it near impossible to figure out. I have a grimspeed solenoid which I swapped for another known working solenoid and experienced the same issue. I am now putting in an AEM solenoid and going over the wiring. With your comment and IIRC someone else on AEM forums I now have to think maybe there isn't anything specific with my car...

Startups for me aren't terribly long but there are good days and not so good days. My car is a fairly extreme build though and using a flex sensor (flex startup is a modifier table) so the base tables need to be correct before doing flex. I thought I had them correct but then sometimes startup is a pain. Time is always against me, I usually can only tinker with the car a little here and there so it takes much longer to dial it in. The startup tables have been a little harder to get correct for me because when I think I got them nailed down the car is difficult again.
Old May 25, 2016, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by itzwolf
I experienced this same boost jump with 1 or 2% duty cycle, it's something I hope to isolate/figure out once I get my car back together. It's not ALL the time which makes it near impossible to figure out. I have a grimspeed solenoid which I swapped for another known working solenoid and experienced the same issue. I am now putting in an AEM solenoid and going over the wiring. With your comment and IIRC someone else on AEM forums I now have to think maybe there isn't anything specific with my car...

Startups for me aren't terribly long but there are good days and not so good days. My car is a fairly extreme build though and using a flex sensor (flex startup is a modifier table) so the base tables need to be correct before doing flex. I thought I had them correct but then sometimes startup is a pain. Time is always against me, I usually can only tinker with the car a little here and there so it takes much longer to dial it in. The startup tables have been a little harder to get correct for me because when I think I got them nailed down the car is difficult again.
Ya i am definitely in the same boat where I dont have too much time to put towards solving this at the moment but in a few weeks I hope to maybe switch to the stock solenoid and work from there as i am using an AEM solenoid now so i'll let you know how that goes. I also had pretty inconsistent spikes until about a few weeks ago when it was every time i hit 4K during a pull. My start ups are for sure longer than I'd like but that is something that should be pretty easily fixed when more time is available in a couple weeks. My buddy/tuner has also addressed this in the AEM forums (who knows it may be him that you were talking to lol) so I look forward to staying in touch with you about this and we can help one another along the way. Cheers!
Old May 25, 2016, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

I am on a 4 port with a 10psi Spring. I see about 2psi increase for every 1-2% at some points and at others it will require 5-10%. I am going to modify the frequency at which it runs to see if I can change the response.

Make sure to set your over boost correctly, I was running 42psi for a while there. I was like dAmn the Evo is fast today

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AEM Infinity Installation