Notices

Anyone here from Shanghai?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2006, 07:08 PM
gix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh, I think I've seen you around campus before. What year are you?
Old Jun 28, 2006, 09:53 PM

I'm gonna be a junior when I go back after the summer. What about you?
Old Jun 29, 2006, 03:43 PM
gix

I'll be a sophomore. I'm totally down to meet up. It seems like there have been more and more Evo's in Chambana lately. I saw a black Evo IX with the BR350 package parked at Sam's the other day.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 09:01 PM

Yea I have seen a IX MR before too, but not sure if it's the BR350 package one. So, you were a freshman last year? Which dorm did you live in? Do you like it here at U of I?
Old Jun 30, 2006, 03:09 PM
gix

Yeah I was a freshman last year. Actually I am a townie so I have lived here for most of my life!
Old Jul 2, 2006, 08:43 PM

wow... Really? So are there a lot of car cruises going around?
So, you were born in Beijing and moved to Urbana champaign when you were little? Do you still go back and visit a lot? I'm planning a trip to Beijing to visit one of my friends. It should be fun
I think I have seen a couple of 300ZX in town. I see one outside of Tang Dynasty most of the time. What color is yours?
Old Jul 3, 2006, 05:16 PM
gix

There aren't too many nice cars in town, to be honest. I've been told there's a Ford GT in town which I haven't seen. But other than that, Jimmy John(the sandwhich guy) has a house in Champaign which has a probably close to a cool million in cars. He has an F430, a Ford GT, Range Rover Sport, SL 55, to name a few sitting around in the garage for the most part. Yeah, I was born in Beijing and I moved here when I was little, but I go back every few years or so. I got a silver 300ZX which I rarely park on campus. Are you staying in the dorms or got an apartment?
Old Jul 3, 2006, 05:20 PM
Evolving Member

heh I'm from GuangZhou and I just graduated from UIUC this May. I saw at least one silver one rolling around quite a bit, as well as a black one, never a blue though.

Saw some asian guy with a really spikey haircut makin' out with his gf in a silver evo on the side of the road one day as I was walking to class lol...

oh, on topic, I have family in Shanghai that I visit every once in a while.
Old Jul 3, 2006, 08:32 PM

HaHa, that's probably me! That's the only way I can get my girlfriend out of my car man, she won't leave unless I kiss her, you know how girls are like.
I sort of know the black evo, he works for CITES at UIUC. I have wanted to meet up with him for the past year, but never really had time.
I'm staying in an apartment, I lived on 4th and Springfield last year, but I'm moving to Stoughton in Urbana this coming year. I have always wanted to check out a 300zx that was my dream car when I was little.
Old Jul 3, 2006, 08:41 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah I believe his name on here is ancker. He's over at DCL plenty.

I used to live in some apartments on 4th & Chalmers. Good times.

I remember there was an old dad who'd drop by with his Silver Evo to drop off crap for his kids at Sherman all the time... also, there was always a Silver Evo that'd show up at IT as that had some blue streak decal on the side... and another one that was driven by some Indian dude. Actually now that I think about it... there were quite a few silver Evo's.
Old Jul 4, 2006, 08:02 AM
gix

Haha, the Evo was my dream car when I was little and it still is. There are quite a few 300ZX's in town nowadays, but most are NA. There is a new IX RS outside of the Mitsu dealership in Champaign. I wonder if anyone will buy it soon!
Old Jul 4, 2006, 06:59 PM

I remeber when I went to the mitsu dealer last year to get an oil change, I saw a GG 9 MR parked in the lot. It looked really nice!
How much HP is the NA making comparing to the turbo ones?
Do you go on centralillinoisimports? what happened to it? I tried getting on there but it just never loads.
Old Jul 4, 2006, 08:38 PM
gix

It's about 222 bhp and 200 ft-lb of torque compared to the roughly 300bhp/280ft-lb that a TT has. Is centralillinoisimports a forum for this area? I've never heard of it. I autocross occasionally at the Champaign County Sports Car Club events. Do you do any racing?
Old Jul 5, 2006, 12:31 AM

centralillinoisimports is a forum for central illinois, but they have a section on urbana champaign. I know there are quite a bit of people up there, but the web site is down lately.
I did one autocross during april at rantoul airport, I'm thinking of doing more of them in the coming year. Maybe I can tag along with you the next time you go.
What have you done to your car? where do you take your car to when you put on stuff?
Old Jul 5, 2006, 04:00 PM
gix

I've seen an Evo both times I've went. Haha I have no money so my car is bone stock. I'm working on getting some 18x7.5 Enkei Rs7's with decent tires by the end of the month. What about you? I'm guessing light mods?

Quick Reply: Anyone here from Shanghai?