Notices

Anyone here from Shanghai?

Old Aug 12, 2006, 05:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Magnumpsi
well there are evos here in Beijing as I am tuning some. IS there anyone else on here from Beijing? Just curious.
Mitch Mckee
I have seen quite a few Evo 7s in ShenZhen when I went to an new/import car show the other day. But I have to say most of the things they have done to their cars are tasteless. There are a couple really really nicely mod'd WRX/STis in here though.
Old Aug 13, 2006, 01:05 PM
gix

Originally Posted by Magnumpsi
well there are evos here in Beijing as I am tuning some. IS there anyone else on here from Beijing? Just curious.
Mitch Mckee
Yes. I am from Beijing. Really wished I could have seen some better cars when I went back last summer. Good to know there are Evo's there as well
Old Mar 2, 2007, 07:32 AM

I grew up in Taiwan, but my parents are living in Shanghai right now. I was there a year ago, but I didn't get out that much. I saw an Evo IV or V one night in Beijing but that's all I remembered. I was there for school, so I didn't have a whole lot of time to get out and find the right places to see some good cars.

If you want to bring a car in China, you'd probably have your best luck going through a private importer or picking up a job working for the US Embassy. All my friends in Taiwan who's parents were with AIT brought over their Jeep Grand Cherokees and minivans and all. The state paid for it all. I don't know a whole lot about mainland, but my highschool girlfriend's dad is a private importer in Taiwan. There's always some hoops to jump through when bringing a car in.... silly things like putting smaller tires on a Porsche 996 GT2 so that it appears to be a regular 911 with a bodykit.
Old Jun 19, 2007, 03:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this thread is old but i am going to shanghai in 2 days and want to see some good stuff. i am staying in the jw marriot there does anyone know if it is good? i noticed someone saying that there is a ralliart store in shanghai and i really want to go see it. can someone give me some more info on where exactly it is? thanks
Old Aug 4, 2009, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by WEVO
I'm pretty sure they have EVOs for sale in China, at least in Shanghai. I have seen EVOs in the Mitsu dealers here. They are roughly around 60K to 70K USD and I have acutally seen quite a few rolling around on the streets. I just saw a white 8 racing with a hatch back Civic (Civics are rare to see in China) 3 days ago. I told my driver to chase them but they took off right after the light has turned green and we were stuck with all the traffics.
One of my friends is actually importing cars from US to China. He does it through some type of connection with the China custom in Tian Jing and he imports various types of cars into China on a regular base. He was here last week since he has just imported 10 STi to Tian Jing, maybe I can ask him how he does it when I see him next time.
yo! are you still here? im looking for either Evo 5, 6 0r 7, can you help?
Old Sep 24, 2009, 08:59 AM
Evolving Member

saw a white ix when i was in beijing a couple of months ago.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by Xylocarpus
yo! are you still here? im looking for either Evo 5, 6 0r 7, can you help?
I saw a couple of evo 8 and 9 in guangzhou
Old Feb 13, 2010, 08:31 PM

Just got an Evo 9 and I'm in Shanghai. Any other owners still around?
Old Apr 9, 2010, 11:22 AM
Evolving Member

i was born in Wuxi, one hour away from Shanghai, but all my relatives who still remaining in China all live in Shanghai. my wife is Shanghainese as well. anyways, last time i was there in 2006 i did see a couple modified Lancers flying down the street. do they sell Evos in China? if so i'll bet it's pretty expensive since it would be imported from Japan.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 06:10 PM

Stop asking "Does Mitsubishi sell EVO in China?" this kind of question, if you want to find Subi and EVO owner in China, go to http://bbs.modi-auto.com.cn/.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 05:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by stlgrym3
i was born in Wuxi, one hour away from Shanghai, but all my relatives who still remaining in China all live in Shanghai. my wife is Shanghainese as well. anyways, last time i was there in 2006 i did see a couple modified Lancers flying down the street. do they sell Evos in China? if so i'll bet it's pretty expensive since it would be imported from Japan.
Ya, they have Evos in china, selling for about $100k...