Notices

Aussies???

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2011, 02:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mate member here and evolution oz. Same user name.

Some good people on evolution oz but I'm tired of posting there mate when nearly every thread gets shut down if you advise to buy overseas instead of from their vendors which are heavily over priced for 90% of items.

Turned me off evo's alot because of it after a bad run in with a vendor there, my evo is now up for sale and a large build suspended indefinetly.

I purchased most of my parts new or 2nd hand from here, better price and even the private members here are much more reliable and friendly in regards to sales.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 03:17 AM

Yeh, I have given up with EvoOZ I cant even join!?!
I just want to know where to get some bigger parts like exhaust an stuff, the postage is a killer from over seas.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 04:34 AM
Evolving Member

mate as said i buy off driveline - eric used to always do good package on postage - my driveline was purchased off sheptrans
Old Sep 1, 2011, 04:38 AM
Evolving Member

this guy has some of the best prices in oz mate http://www.solidimports.com.au/

also go join http://www.perthevo.com/boards/index.php I know you're in sydney but while i was in perth i joined these guys nice bunch.

Also meek has their own forums- I don't use meek, didn't like the look of their workshop.

My work is all performed by Japlink at haberfield. You might find me there when i begin my next project.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 08:07 AM

Newbie in Melbourne

Hi guys, i'm lookin to buy an Evo 7 gsr sometime early next year. So been hoping to network with evo owners in melbourne. Like to get some feedback on the 7. SOme of my questions are:
i) Where to find the best mechs in the eastern suburbs. So far I only heard of 2, Techsports & Chasers.
ii) Whats the average running cost like for a simple oil & plug change?
iii) Can the 7 use d same parts as the 8 n 9? eg. coilovers, brakes, pads, plugs etc?
iv) Which insurer in town gives the cheapest premium and the best coverage?

Hope you guys don't mind filling me in.

Thanks a lot.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 03:06 AM
Evolving Member

i nfi
ii depends if you do it or someone else but same as normal car but every 5000km
iii yes
iv nfi i'm with shannons for nearly 14 years
Old Sep 3, 2011, 05:18 AM

Thanks for the replys guys
Old Sep 9, 2011, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by m00se
It seems there are not to many australian members... or they just dont post in the australian section.

I'm calling out to all the aussie EVO drivers here to say hello and mayb what EVO you drive and where in aus you are from. (I am aware that there is already a what evo do you drive thread but seems old and neglected.)
I would love to see what sort of australian following this site still has.

Chrees, Max
im here...
in sydney
Old Sep 10, 2011, 12:13 AM

I'm starting to use EvoM a lot more now, been a member for a while. I'm always on EvoOz also. Same username
Old Sep 11, 2011, 12:13 AM

edit

Last edited by Morph; Oct 13, 2011 at 12:25 AM.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 05:06 PM

Im in brissy and surf this forum all the time when im at work haha.
Not an evo owner though, just an 06 lancer with the 4g69.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 03:39 AM

Another aussie here! Signed up a while back but have only just started to post in the last couple of days. I'm also on EvoOz but under a different user.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 10:00 PM

Hey guys, just joined this site. i was also unable to join the Ozevo site for some reason, never got an email back off them but eh who cares this site ****s all over them. i live in brissy and bought a JDM 04 Evo VIII MR about 2 weeks ago. its completely stock, has 75000 km's on it and still has the original clutch in it. i think i got a bargain because it has the bbs's and is great condition and i only paid $25000 for it. im planning to do a few mods to it once i get over it, but for the moment im quite happy with how it goes (my last car was a R33 gtst so the evo is a good step up in power and handling).
Old Nov 15, 2011, 03:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Another Aussie

Another Aussie from NSW. Just bought a Evo 9 for $26,000, pretty much showroom condition, got 85000k, needed a new clutch and a bit of work, previous owner had disconected the boost solenoid for some reason, was only boosting 10psi, got it plugged in and making 19psi and clutch started slipping (might explain why he unplugged it!). Got the work done at Meek, Chris's workshop might be a bit of a mess but **** he knows a lot about Evo's.

Picked the car up from Melbourne and first drive was home via Wangaratta, Yakandandah to Kinadra and Cooma via Tooma Rd. Was having a bit of a go whilst pushing along chasing a XR6 turbo ute. He kept up until the twistys in the mountains came up, even with 10psi he couldn't keep up with the Evo's grip, good times!

Done a few things to the car, mainly cosmetic, carbon wrapped the centre console, radio surround and window winding ( if that the right term) buttons surrounds. Need new tyres as the tyres on it are ebay specials, the four wheel drifts on Macqaurie Pass are fun but running into a truck might not be. Picking up a 8mr Bov tomorrow to replace the HKS one, can't handle all the PSSSHHH and turbo flutter on light throttle.

Thats it anyway, my first post on EvoM, good forum, lots of people with lots of stuff to say and tell. Also tried the EVoOz site, got my email but couldn't sign in. Tried twice but no luck. Didn't like being asked my licence No, never had that asked before, gave a fake one, maybe that's why I could log in?

Cheers
Old Nov 15, 2011, 04:11 AM

Theres a aussie section?lol... also a member of evooz, same username

Quick Reply: Aussies???