Notices

Aussies???

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2013, 03:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by OZEVO10
Have been tying to join to join evolutionoz to get to know the Aussie evo scene. Can't seem to register can any fellow Aussies help me out?
I never had any luck joining EvoOz, strangest forum I've ever seen, one where members can't join! Considering I've probably spent $10,000 on evo stuff with vendors from EvoM I wonder what the paid advertisers on EvoOz would think about missing out on possibly getting those dollars.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 03:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you can't register email webmaster@evolutionoz.net

Make sure you will in all the fields in the registration form
Old Jun 17, 2013, 02:25 PM

Hey guys...EVO 7 GT-a here with some mild upgrade's ( From Tasmania ),As for the joining evolutionoz forum after reading all the problems here people have had I wouldn't even bother trying, after all I came here to learn information to save me time and troubles others have encounted.....By the sounds of it this is one of these troubles so I will stay clear of it unless looking for sellers I think.....Good to know there are lots of Aussies around, Anyone from Hobart or with GT-a ??
Old Jun 17, 2013, 04:12 PM

I have a question and since I cannot start a fresh thread I thought Aussie's would be best to ask coz it's about the evo 7 GT-a and the U.S doesn't have hardly any of these....Who would know where I can get my 112 miles per hour restrictor disabled? and I live in Tasmania so if anyone now's of nationwide places that will do it that would be helpful...thanks. Also it sia d cost in UK money is about $160 dollars would this be correct approx.? as you have to take off the dash apparently to do it so there abit of work in doing it.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 04:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Tas evo7,04/636
I have a question and since I cannot start a fresh thread I thought Aussie's would be best to ask coz it's about the evo 7 GT-a and the U.S doesn't have hardly any of these....Who would know where I can get my 112 miles per hour restrictor disabled? and I live in Tasmania so if anyone now's of nationwide places that will do it that would be helpful...thanks. Also it sia d cost in UK money is about $160 dollars would this be correct approx.? as you have to take off the dash apparently to do it so there abit of work in doing it.
I'm certain that the speed limit can be disabled with ecuflash, there are speed limit settings that can be modified, I've got mine set to 510km/h. Get a tatrix 1.3 cables, vendors like TScomp (my tuner ) sell them for about $150. Download the free ecuflash program, which allows you to edit the ecu program with your laptop. Read, save and copy the orginal program off the Ecu (using the obd-2 plug under the dash) open your copy with ecuflash, edit the speed limit settings and flash this to the ecu using your laptop and new cable. Done.

The cable also lets you flash a tuned version of your current ecu program (rom) to your ecu to get more power with better fuel economy plus about a million other improvements. Cheers
Old Jun 18, 2013, 06:14 PM

Rofl, I love some of these guys. No-one ever got anywhere without trying... The more exposure to information, generally the more knowledge there is to be gained. Sometimes it's worth a little effort.

EvoM, MLR, and EvoOz all have their advantages and to be a recipient, you need to get in on them and join.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes absolutely anyone having trouble joining evooz just pm me on here or email webmaster@evolutionoz.net
Old Oct 20, 2013, 12:57 AM

Howdy, Fiancee & I have a Evo 6 and Evo 9. No plan for circuit work, Just enjoying the ride
Old Oct 29, 2013, 01:06 AM

Can anybody help me with a problem installed pivot speed meter v in evo 7 GT-a...i got everything done as it says yet i still have no speed to unit and ofcourse this means no regular speedo working either now... i even did troubleshooting where it says with everythinjg connected touch the white wire which is surposed to go to speedo side of the speed wire to ground and see if ir jumps from zero, this did happen which it says confirms the green wire to ecu side is gooid connection and right, if this is the case i am fully stumped to why this is not working for me still, any help would be appreciated.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 04:56 AM

Aussie reporting in. I drive a 2007 CS Lancer. A nice limited edition Velocity model with a 2.4L engine I'm in Perth.
Old May 1, 2014, 09:30 PM

Haha..doesn't know that this forum existed.

I'm from Melbourne driving a Red Evo 7. cheers
Mostly lurking around EvoOz.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 03:18 AM

hey guys this is my first post. i currently dont own an evo but am planning to buy one this year hopefully my price range is in the evo 7 bracket. Im in Adelaide aswell i currently drive a subaru liberty non turbo but have got the bug for awd since selling my ss ute for the lib 7 years ago. anyways im on the forum to find as much info on the evo 7 and its pros and cons if you have some info could you please point in the right direction on the forum cheers !!