Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

AMS's WICKED 23rr Install pix

Old Apr 11, 2008, 11:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 9sec240
I got the car up and running today. Purrs like a kitten. We will be breaking it in and then will put it on the dyno to get another dyno chart which shows what the gains of the motor alone are.

The mods before and after the motor are AMS GT30 kit, AMS VSR intake, GSC S1 cams, AMS turbo back with HFC, AMS FMIC, AMS LIPK, AMS UIPK with Tial BOV, AMS MBC, 880cc injectors with AEM EMS controlling the mix.

The motor is the only thing changed. It went from stock to the 23rr.

Once we get the before / after motor dyno finished, we will be swapping to S2 cams, GT35 turbo and 1000cc injectors.
this is just what id love to see. i realize its hard to get a completely fair comparison but no one even trys. so thats cool that you will put all the parts back on, dyno it just to see what the engine alone does, then go big with the new parts. I LOVE IT.
Old Apr 12, 2008, 12:43 AM

Thanx for the great write up
Old Apr 15, 2008, 11:54 AM
Evolving Member

that is beautiful
Old Apr 15, 2008, 01:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Excellent write up ivan. After this has run its course I will make it sticky in here!

Jared you are going to be one lucky guy when this is Done.

Eric
Old Apr 15, 2008, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports
Excellent write up ivan. After this has run its course I will make it sticky in here!

Jared you are going to be one lucky guy when this is Done.

Eric
Don't I know it. AMS is why I bought the car to begin with. A world class tuner/fabricator/engineering company in my own backyard. It was an opportunity I couldn't pass up.

Old Apr 19, 2008, 10:01 AM
Evolving Member

Bump for an update.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 10:50 AM
Former Sponsor

The car is currently being broken in. Second oil change should happen Monday. After that, I believe it will go on the dyno to see the power gains on the motor. Then is back on the lift for the bigger turbo, cams and injectors.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 05:54 PM
Evolving Member

The car is currently being broken in. Second oil change should happen Monday. After that, I believe it will go on the dyno to see the power gains on the motor. Then is back on the lift for the bigger turbo, cams and injectors.
The anticipation is killing me. Can't wait to see the results. You guys are the best.
Old Apr 21, 2008, 12:07 PM
Evolving Member

ITS MONDAY!!!!

I cant wait to see the awesome gains. This is most def the motor that goes into my car when the stocker bites the dust some day. Ive defended this motor time and time again on this forum, now we'll have the data to back it up. Its gonna be sweet.

AMS
Old Apr 21, 2008, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

let get some dyno charts from actual people with these new 2.3RR engines. i want to see what these things are capable in real peoples cars. with all kinds of different turbo's from stock to big.

id like to see the spectrum with this engine.
Old Apr 21, 2008, 01:19 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sick
Old Apr 21, 2008, 02:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoRecordSetter
let get some dyno charts from actual people with these new 2.3RR engines. i want to see what these things are capable in real peoples cars. with all kinds of different turbo's from stock to big.

id like to see the spectrum with this engine.
It was supposed to go on the dyno today with a GT30. Maybe we will see something a little later .
Old Apr 21, 2008, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

Ill post up mine as soon as I get the last remaining parts in from AMS Ill have the motor broken in after about a week, lol. Mine will be running a 37R on it.
Old Apr 21, 2008, 02:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BluByYouEvoVIII
Ill post up mine as soon as I get the last remaining parts in from AMS Ill have the motor broken in after about a week, lol. Mine will be running a 37R on it.
Nice ! Mine will be finished off with a 35R. That will yield some nice numbers across a variety of turbo sizes. I am looking forward to see what a 37R does on it.
Old Apr 21, 2008, 04:30 PM
Evolving Member

I got the car up and running today. Purrs like a kitten. We will be breaking it in and then will put it on the dyno to get another dyno chart which shows what the gains of the motor alone are.

The mods before and after the motor are AMS GT30 kit, AMS VSR intake, GSC S1 cams, AMS turbo back with HFC, AMS FMIC, AMS LIPK, AMS UIPK with Tial BOV, AMS MBC, 880cc injectors with AEM EMS controlling the mix.

The motor is the only thing changed. It went from stock to the 23rr.

Once we get the before / after motor dyno finished, we will be swapping to S2 cams, GT35 turbo and 1000cc injectors.

+ 1 on the results, as I can't wait to see what this does with a 35R. Did you consider using the HTA version of the 35R?

Also, what about the Jun MIVEC cams, instead of the S2?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AMS's WICKED 23rr Install pix