Notices

Swaybars for Lancer SE AWC?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2015, 11:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Swaybars for Lancer SE AWC?

What aftermarket swaybars fit on the 2012+ Lancer SE AWC sedan? I got a 2015 but should be identical to 2012+ years SE AWD.
Whiteline isn't sure if the ralliart bars will fit as they haven't tried. Anyone upgrade their front or rear swaybars on their SE?
Old Feb 18, 2015, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I've got some evo swaybars if you decide down that route. $70 plus shipping. I'll even include the endlinks.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by hispanicpanic
I've got some evo swaybars if you decide down that route. $70 plus shipping. I'll even include the endlinks.
You sure they fit? No manufacturer lists an SE as being useable on it for sway bars.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by neverendingmods
You sure they fit? No manufacturer lists an SE as being useable on it for sway bars.
I don't know, i'd contact some tuning shops just to be sure. Manufacturers of the bars might not know for sure.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I tried Whiteline for the rear and had to send it back. I don't think it was the ralliart, it didn't have the rear diff. bend.

At least they handled the return with grace and understanding.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 06:49 PM

Have been told the RalliArt bars will fit. If i can find a rear bar cheap I will try and see. Ill buy used rear RalliArt bar off ebay for the rear for like $40 before I spend $200 . The rear bar must havevthe diff bend in bar like mentioned. The EVO bars are longer as wheelbase is different/wider and wont fit.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 06:53 PM

Springs, endlinks, struts, coilovers, strutbars, front lower 4ptheaters underbrace all fit on SE that fit the regular lancers and RalliArt. EVO parts wont fit suspension wise. Just fyi.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 10:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I got a hold of Whiteline and was told that Ralliart front and rear sway bar should fit. If you're looking for a front sway bar, I've got a brand new one for sale. Was going to use it, but decided to go with suspension parts from roadracemotorsports instead.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 10:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by neverendingmods
Springs, endlinks, struts, coilovers, strutbars, front lower 4ptheaters underbrace all fit on SE that fit the regular lancers and RalliArt. EVO parts wont fit suspension wise. Just fyi.
so to recap...

DE/ES/SE/RalliArt are all the same parts? I want springs/shocks/sways for mine, and do not seem to find a clear info on this anywhere.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 10:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by remusrm
so to recap...

DE/ES/SE/RalliArt are all the same parts? I want springs/shocks/sways for mine, and do not seem to find a clear info on this anywhere.
any update on this?
Old Sep 17, 2016, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by remusrm
any update on this?
Yes..also curious about swapping the rear sway on my 2016 awc. The dealer was no help.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 12:21 AM

Sway bars

Originally Posted by Bacon Jenius
Yes..also curious about swapping the rear sway on my 2016 awc. The dealer was no help.

Sorry for really late getting back to this. So I just traded in my 08 Lancer ES that I had put white line rear sway bar on, the 22mm. Got a 2017 SEL lancer AWD and still have the 2015 SE awd too.

So, the ES, GTS, GT, all use same rear sway bars as all are front wheel drive. All years 08+ have same sway bars EXCEPT if AWD Lancers.

The SE 2012+ Lancers onwards are all wheel drive and same wheel base/ wheel track and suspension component mounting points of the RA (ralliart) whereas the EVO has wider track front and rear and way different suspension geometry so no EVO sway bars or coil overs fit properly...same for EVO end links and every other lower suspension part.

The ralliart rear sway bar, end links, struts, springs, control arms, bushings, toe links etc fit on AWD Lancers as the mounting points are identical. The RA shocks and springs are excellent upgrades for our lancers, front wheel drive or AWD...fit on both styles including sport backs too. Sachs make struts now for Lancers so order the ralliart struts from them, or KYB, and put on any 08+ Lancer. Will ride better than coil overs and last longer if using lowering springs. Coil overs ride like crap, even $2k Cusco, on the street. They will not last if daily driving or any winter use. I learned years ago when I AutoX'd my WRX and daily drive it to work also. They got ruined on the street. Tougher struts on good lowering springs are the way to go on a street car. Track only get coil overs. For street use take my advice or waste money well spent elsewhere. My $.02. 👍

Most front 4pt under braces that fit EVO X or Ralliart fit all Lancers too like Cusco 4pt and gt spec under braces up front. The tanabe 4pt front under brace I had on my 08 ES had 1 damn bolt was seized and I couldn't take it off before trading in. Said F it as it was on car for 5 years and made a great improvement. May fit AWD Lancers but don't know. Cusco replied to my email and said their 4pt under brace fits all 08+ configurations whether turbo, front or awd. Tanabe brace is powder coated and Cusco bar is just painted and paint gets blasted off quickly driving. My Tanabe under brace looked brand new still after 70k+ miles. A previous Cusco under brace on my STi had zero paint left after 30k miles. Tanabe lists it as 07+ Lancer but trust me, it IS for 08+ and included install directions shoe our cars. In Japan it came out 2007.

99.9℅ of EVO suspension parts will NOT work on a ralliart therefore won't work on any Lancer. Ralliart suspension parts, 80%, only fit 2012+ awd Lancers but always ask manufacturers. Some reply, some say maybe, some have no idea. I suggest buying a used eBay salvage stock part first to check fitment size and shape before spending hundreds on a part that you aren't sure if it will fit or not. Road Race Motorsports I found hard to get replies from via email so call them and also " The Lancer Shop" is a great supplier of all things for our cars including stock parts and quality aftermarket. They don't make parts, just sell the best stuff of others. Great sales too.

The whiteline rear sway bar I used on my 08 Lancer ES will not fit on my SE or new 2017 SEL awd Lancer because of rear differential.

My 2008 Lancer ES came factory with rear disc brakes and rear sway bar. This was an options package back then for ES Lancers, GTS already had these included and DE had none available. And if your Lancer ES has drum rear brakes you won't have a rear sway bar either!!! All ES Lancers had factory option of rear disc brakes and alloy wheels up until I think 2013 or 2014. Just remember, if you got drum brakes in back, you don't have a rear sway bar and need MORE than just an aftermarket rear sway bar to make one fit.

For front wheel drive Lancers, Progress Technology has best rear swaybar design with collars already on the bar to keep it from sliding/walking left and right under hard cornering unlike the white line which for 2008+ Mitsubishis White line had to offer at extra cost clamp on collars for $30 so our end links won't break or get bent from their sway bars walking. Just Google EVO X sway bar walking for pictures and conversations. Ours do same if using white line sway bars. Even stock bars if lowered can bend factory endlinks because the bars need a shorter endlinks to fit right once lowered.

The progress rear bar already eliminates this from happening but WL has no collars on their bars. Bad design really.

No ralliart or EVO sway bars will fit on a front wheel drive Lancer.

Big thing to remember also is that the front sway bar removal and install requires a lift or multiple jacks and partial removal of A arms and front sub frame needs to be taken off, or unbolted and dropped, and is a Major , Major PITA so most EVO guys pay shops to do front sway bar install while doing other major work like clutch install. Is easiest to remove engine then front sway bar can be accessed actually. It's that bad!!😣

But rear sway bars are piece of cake if your end links aren't rusted or you will have to cut your end links in half to remove them. Lol. Took me 1 hour to upgrade my rear sway bar. FYI, some ES Lancers and ALL DE Lancers don't have a rear sway bar from factory and you would need to buy endlinks, the bolts for endlinks, the bushing clamps as you have to reuse stock ones, and get clamp bolts or a rear sway bar does you no good since you wouldn't be able to get it on car without already having those pieces.

I hope this helps people out. I use front and rear upper strut bars. Front strut bar is DCsports 1pc steel bar(super rigid) and fits all 08+ Lancers including EVO and ralliart down to a base DE Lancer. I did use Tanabe 4pt under brace up front but will be going to a gt spec 4pt brace to see how that feels compared to my old Tanabe. I ran a Whiteline rear 22mm swaybar with Whiteline collar clamps and stock endlinks since I wasn't lowered. I ran a rear upper strut bar from Megan Racing. These braces and rear sway bar made my Lancer no longer creak getting in and out of my driveway and made driving back roads more enjoyable by reducing under steer and making car more neutral. I ran rear sway bar at stiffest of the 2 settings always

Last edited by neverendingmods; Dec 2, 2016 at 01:36 AM.