Notices

Borla 11782 Exhaust + Injen SRI on AWC CVT

Old Feb 17, 2017, 08:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Borla 11782 Exhaust + Injen SRI on AWC CVT

I just put the Borla exhaust on my 2015 Lancer SE AWC. Fits perfect and sounds good, but starting to be concerned that the CVT is going to be pain on the ears. I have an Injen SRI that I have yet to put on. Can anybody share their experience with aftermarket intakes and exhausts on the CVT?

I am starting to regret that I didn't go for a base Lancer manual or step up to RA dual clutch transmission...
Old Feb 21, 2017, 06:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Find a shifter assembly, the actual console shifter, from a lancer GTS/gt . It bolts right in and gives you the shift to manually shift through the 6 gears even showing gear position on dash display. They sell for about $200 from a salvage yard but sell fast as everyone wants to upgrade to touch to shift.
The paddles are a PITA but you get same ability with just doing the console shifter but without paddles, you just tap the shifter up and down.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 06:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There are how to on YouTube and this forum with pictures and all. Very simple to do.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by neverendingmods
Find a shifter assembly, the actual console shifter, from a lancer GTS/gt . It bolts right in and gives you the shift to manually shift through the 6 gears even showing gear position on dash display. They sell for about $200 from a salvage yard but sell fast as everyone wants to upgrade to touch to shift.
The paddles are a PITA but you get same ability with just doing the console shifter but without paddles, you just tap the shifter up and down.
I'm a little confused tho, if it's a CVT and doesn't technically have gears. What does the shifting do? Are they simulated gears? Also based on my quick research, I don't think the shift console works on 2012+ models. I have the 2015
Old Mar 29, 2017, 08:14 PM

It isn't compatible, the paddle shifters nor the center console, really wish that guy did his homework before misleading you...
Old Jan 29, 2019, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by hngdzzl
I just put the Borla exhaust on my 2015 Lancer SE AWC. Fits perfect and sounds good, but starting to be concerned that the CVT is going to be pain on the ears. I have an Injen SRI that I have yet to put on. Can anybody share their experience with aftermarket intakes and exhausts on the CVT?

I am starting to regret that I didn't go for a base Lancer manual or step up to RA dual clutch transmission...
I have a base lancer es 2.0... I put an Aem cold air intake it goes all the way down beside my driver tire.. I tell you what this intake sounds incredible.. also I have an exhaust I couldn’t find any so I custom.. I removed my resonator kept my stainless mid pipe and jus put on magnaflow muffler.. 2017 Lancer es.. I’ll tell you that my top speed has increased also.. why idk.. but I’m able to go faster actually. Whenever I’m not getting on it and the car has warmed up it’s actually not super loud in the car to me.. I’ve been watching a lot of VTEC and all that so really car sounds how it’s supposed to.. you have a proper exhaust and intake I wouldn’t even worry bc you’ll get used to it.