2020 POTUS Campaign thread - Page 513 - evolutionm.net

The Back Room Off topic discussions for thick skinned, can take a joke members. Evom rules apply.

2020 POTUS Campaign thread

Old Mar 20, 2017, 12:38 PM   #7681
Evolved Member

Drives: to the store and back

Or a flip-flop from Conservatives if it does.

Old Mar 20, 2017, 12:51 PM   #7682
Evolved Member

Drives: 2005 Evo 8. 2011 F150 FX4

There was also this. I don't see a huge issue with negotiating with Russia.

http://www.snopes.com/obama-more-flexibility-russia/

As I've said before, I'm more concerned about content of leaks than where they came from. Like the recent wiki-leaks that shows the CIA had the Russian hacking program. The program that the intelligence community is saying links the Russians to the DNC hacks that happened during the election. So, the CIA could have done those hacks, and leaked the info, all while making it look like, and being able to say, the Russians did it.

Yes, that some tin-foil hat conspiracy stuff. And it rely's on the wiki-leaks being accurate. But wiki-leaks has never had to retract anything for it being false.

Also, our government has done more of it's fair share in meddling in other countries' elections. I find it funny how certain people are only now outraged that it was done to us. When in reality, it's probably been done before as well.

Old Mar 20, 2017, 12:57 PM   #7683
Evolved Member

A politician politicking is not the same as a foreign power colluding to release information and sway an election in favor of a particular candidate.

Wikileaks has never had to retract anything because it wouldn't. Wikileaks is not apolitical.

Old Mar 20, 2017, 01:02 PM   #7684
Evolved Member

The info may have been favorable to one candidate, but it wasn't false.

Wikileaks has released information on both sides, as well as general info on the .gov.

I somehow doubt if things had lined up for Hillary you guys wouldn't be *****ing about it. I actually, I know you wouldn't because no one *****ed about how the dem primary was more than stacked in her favor.

Old Mar 20, 2017, 01:02 PM   #7685

Drives: 2015 Evo X MR, 2007 Civic Si

The Trump-Russia Story Has Only Just Begun (To Explode)
WASHINGTON ― Let’s step back for a minute and consider again what we saw Monday in a hearing room of the U.S. House.
The director of the FBI, with the director of the National Security Agency agreeing at his side, in effect called the president of the United States a liar ― and, oh, by the way, the president’s 2016 campaign indeed is under investigation for allegedly having secretly teamed up with Russia to win the election.
After two months of Donald J. Trump’s presidency and more than a year of his campaign, our political senses are so dulled by tumult that we can barely recognize history when we see it. Make no mistake. Monday’s hearing was all but unprecedented.
Not since a White House aide named Alexander Butterfield told the Watergate committee in 1973 that President Richard Nixon had bugged his own Oval Office has an investigative hearing made it so clear that a presidency was in serious legal jeopardy.
Now we know for sure that, while no one “tapped” Trump’s phones, his campaign circle is in the gunsights of the FBI. The issue is whether Russian President Vladimir Putin, whose interference in the 2016 election is now an accepted fact, tried to rig the outcome with the knowledge or collusion of Team Trump.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0be71dcf6e972

Old Mar 20, 2017, 01:05 PM   #7686

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone View Post

Wikileaks has released information on both sides, as well as general info on the .gov.

I somehow doubt if things had lined up for Hillary you guys wouldn't be *****ing about it. I actually, I know you wouldn't because no one *****ed about how the dem primary was more than stacked in her favor.
lol your clueless political commentary never gets old

Old Mar 20, 2017, 01:31 PM   #7687
Evolved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone View Post

People did complain. However, with your electoral system being as ****ed as it is, the focus was on pursuing a Democratic win. It's the same reason why Conservatives didn't complain about Trump.

Old Mar 20, 2017, 01:36 PM   #7688
Evolved Member

The people voting for Bernie complained...

Conservatives did complain about Trump. Senators, Congressman, etc..

Old Mar 20, 2017, 01:58 PM   #7689
Evolved Member

Drives: Lightning Yellow Evo VIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by XGon'GiveItToYa View Post
The Trump-Russia Story Has Only Just Begun (To Explode)
WASHINGTON ― Let’s step back for a minute and consider again what we saw Monday in a hearing room of the U.S. House.
The director of the FBI, with the director of the National Security Agency agreeing at his side, in effect called the president of the United States a liar ― and, oh, by the way, the president’s 2016 campaign indeed is under investigation for allegedly having secretly teamed up with Russia to win the election.
After two months of Donald J. Trump’s presidency and more than a year of his campaign, our political senses are so dulled by tumult that we can barely recognize history when we see it. Make no mistake. Monday’s hearing was all but unprecedented.
Not since a White House aide named Alexander Butterfield told the Watergate committee in 1973 that President Richard Nixon had bugged his own Oval Office has an investigative hearing made it so clear that a presidency was in serious legal jeopardy.
Now we know for sure that, while no one “tapped” Trump’s phones, his campaign circle is in the gunsights of the FBI. The issue is whether Russian President Vladimir Putin, whose interference in the 2016 election is now an accepted fact, tried to rig the outcome with the knowledge or collusion of Team Trump.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0be71dcf6e972
It was interesting (but not surprising) to watch the GOP again try to emphasize that the 'leaking' of the fact that Trump campaign members had contact with the Russians, and not that hey actually did.

Also, the questions about Russian influence on the election:
"Mr Comey, does the FBI have any evidence that the voting machines in Michigan were tampered with to change the vote tally?"
Comey - "No"
"In Ohio?" ... "No"
"In Pennsylvania?" ..."No"

again trying to reinforce the notion that the only way to influence an election is for Boris and Natasha to take time out from
chasing Moose and Squirrel, and go to the different states and physically rig the voting machines ...

Also, bringing up Watergate and using it as an example was probably a bad move.
Because again, that administration was brought down, not because of the break in, but because of the administration's attempt
to cover up and bury what their "operatives" did, whether officially authorized or not.

Old Mar 20, 2017, 02:02 PM   #7690
Evolved Member

Drives: to work and daycare

I'm not even going to post links from the Comney hearing today, find your own "unbiased" sources. ****ing embarrassment.

Old Mar 21, 2017, 08:57 AM   #7691
EvoM Administrator

Drives: an old man car

Old Mar 21, 2017, 09:14 AM   #7692

Old Mar 21, 2017, 09:14 AM   #7693
El Jefe

Drives: POS

I wonder how long it will take for politicians to stop tweeting.

Old Mar 21, 2017, 09:45 AM   #7694
Evolved Member

Drives: Lightning Yellow Evo VIII

Once again, it wasn't crime, it was the cover up.
This administration is trying desperately to sweep this under the rug, or at least make the "witch hunt" about something else.

Sadly, the difference this time from last time (Watergate) is that the admin has an all too willing accomplice in the GOP dominated Congress

Old Mar 21, 2017, 10:51 AM   #7695

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesevo8 View Post
Once again, it wasn't crime, it was the cover up.
This administration is trying desperately to sweep this under the rug, or at least make the "witch hunt" about something else.

Sadly, the difference this time from last time (Watergate) is that the admin has an all too willing accomplice in the GOP dominated Congress
the entire intelligence community despises trump

the FBI has been actively investigating his campaign/associates and ties to Russia since July and who knows how many foreign intelligence agencies are doing the same

there's no sweeping this under the rug