Notices

I havent seen one EVO

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2009, 11:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AJR-Coco
Well i have to say less evo out there 9 i mean i am the only 9 in van otherwise lotz of 8 and hell lotz of Evo X

My project Evo i will be posting up in 2 weeks or so...waiting for my ARC rims and lots of stuff to come in!
you're not the only 9
Old Sep 6, 2009, 03:03 AM
Evolving Member

we should meet up and photoshoot haha

I have never seen a IX whereabouts you live? well i know now i aint the only 9 because messiah trinity motors is selling a IX and u have a IX so pretty much more IX now..

Last edited by AJR-Coco; Sep 6, 2009 at 03:08 AM.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

haha yeah if you go on craigslist you will see they are selling more ix's now. i guess its because the CAD is doing okay.
Old Sep 12, 2009, 03:47 AM

i told myself i would go down when the canadian dollar hits 95cents....but its been dancing around 92-93 for like the past 2 months....maybe i should just do it.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 06:55 PM

I've got a X, even though it's currently hanging out with a big hole in the engine bay...
Old Sep 14, 2009, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Rik84
I've got a X, even though it's currently hanging out with a big hole in the engine bay...
interesting....elaborate
Old Sep 14, 2009, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vince126
i told myself i would go down when the canadian dollar hits 95cents....but its been dancing around 92-93 for like the past 2 months....maybe i should just do it.
Do it.

Do it.

Do it.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 03:22 PM

interesting....elaborate
Had the car 11 days and the motor went Kaboom. Turns out the turbo spun something internal (not sure what yet) and it sucked back about 3.5L of oil. Due to the turbo issue my motor went dry, spun a bearing in cyl.2, overheated the rod, shattered wrist pin keeper in cyl. 3, wrist pin broke and gauged the hell out of the cyl. wall. Slight head damage as well.

Dealership is taking care of everything. It's taking a long time to get it fixed (over 4 weeks now) but I should have it back in less than 2 weeks.

Dealer is ordering in new short block, head, turbo and oil cooler. Then it's back to breaking it in, and my first mod is going to be snow tires and winter wheels

Next year is ECUTek flash, turbo back exhaust, manual boost controller, intake, tuned at Rocket Rally. That IS if it doesn't blow up again...
Old Sep 21, 2009, 01:29 AM

Had the car 11 days and the motor went Kaboom. Turns out the turbo spun something internal (not sure what yet) and it sucked back about 3.5L of oil. Due to the turbo issue my motor went dry, spun a bearing in cyl.2, overheated the rod, shattered wrist pin keeper in cyl. 3, wrist pin broke and gauged the hell out of the cyl. wall. Slight head damage as well.

Dealership is taking care of everything. It's taking a long time to get it fixed (over 4 weeks now) but I should have it back in less than 2 weeks.

Dealer is ordering in new short block, head, turbo and oil cooler. Then it's back to breaking it in, and my first mod is going to be snow tires and winter wheels

Next year is ECUTek flash, turbo back exhaust, manual boost controller, intake, tuned at Rocket Rally. That IS if it doesn't blow up again...
yikes, i hope everything goes well with your car.

that dual clutch must be awesome to drive

i wonder how much it would cost to get an Evo tuned at RR, i asked them to tune a VF48 on my WRX (07STI turbo) and they told me flat out 800$, i hung up on them. I know they're the closest tuner (and the only AWD Dyno in BC) but its a little too rich for my blood.

i will probably get a hold of Al from Dynoflash myself. Im trying not to claw my eyeballs out waiting for the bank and my passport to get to me. :X :X :X
Old Sep 21, 2009, 01:38 AM
Evolving Member

My aftermarket parts are coming in this week and will have pictures....... right now my car is worked and sponsored by A&J Racing i will take the car to Rocket Rally to take a tune.

The Hybrid R one of my good buddies Alan and the guys DSpikey tuned their car at rocket rally you should pm them about the price they tuned for!

yikes, i hope everything goes well with your car.

that dual clutch must be awesome to drive

i wonder how much it would cost to get an Evo tuned at RR, i asked them to tune a VF48 on my WRX (07STI turbo) and they told me flat out 800$, i hung up on them. I know they're the closest tuner (and the only AWD Dyno in BC) but its a little too rich for my blood.

i will probably get a hold of Al from Dynoflash myself. Im trying not to claw my eyeballs out waiting for the bank and my passport to get to me. :X :X :X
Old Sep 21, 2009, 01:43 AM
Evolving Member

You want a cheap good tune buddy, then i suggest English Racing and look for Aaron. 6+ hour drive and its the closest tuning shop specify for EVO.

Rocket Rally is expensive a lot of my friends evo X and sti were tuned by RR they make your car safe and the stuff they tune or the way they tune it is very professional. If you want to save some time rather driving to English Racing then i will fully recommend Rocket Rally. My tune roughly estimated is going to be around $1500

By all means im not saying that English Racing is not as good i haven't tried them. Some of the vancouver evo guys have tried English and said it was pretty good. So what ever floats your boat, if you feel you want to cheap out than go to English racing

To conclude this, one of the problems might happen is if u change any internal laters that require a tune again than u have to drive down to english racing again to get it tune. I suggest doing it all at once would save you time and money... also if your installing a turbo or injectors let them install it for you; but you might need to stay over night because it may take sometime. I know towing the car to Rocket Rally from richmond cost around $200 but then again you can have them install the stuff in your car but it would be additionally charged

Last edited by AJR-Coco; Sep 21, 2009 at 01:48 AM.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

just want to throw this out there:

as for tuning, there is racing greed located in coquitlam.

they dyno tune evo's before. i will give this a try to find out my baseline.

here is their website:

http://www.racinggreed.com/

AJR-coco - wow man, you just got your car few months ago and your getting all these parts on your evo. you said aj racing sponsored your evo? does that mean they are covering all the costs of the work done on your evo?

PS: if you go to ER for your first tune, you dont have to drive back again for a retune. one of the forum members here got his evo 8 tuned down there. never went back again for a retune. why? because hes got the cable to hook up on his evo to see his map. with this, you can reflash your ecu, then ER will update it according to your additional mods.

this is from my understanding though. armed if your around, feel free to chime in!
Old Sep 21, 2009, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

haha be careful. modding your car like you said above might void your warrantee. if i were u, i would consult my dealer about this first.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

I was in BC, Canada in August and I saw a bunch of them. I was in the Richmond area near the Yaohan shopping center and I saw bunch of them flying by. I even saw several right hand drive Evo VIII and IX.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by josel_atr
haha be careful. modding your car like you said above might void your warrantee. if i were u, i would consult my dealer about this first.
some of the mods are overlooked for warranty purposes. but as soon as you flash the ECU its pretty much voided.

A lot of people stayed stock turbo with the WRX/STi because they were still under warranty, so all they had to do was reflash their map back to stock when they took it in to the dealership, its basically undiscoverable.

I dont think i will have that capability with the Evo, especially when im sending out my ECU to be flashed......well my warranty is voided when i come into canada anyways...haha.

the only thing i would be afraid of in regards to modding a Evo X MR is the life of the dual clutch tranny.

i hear people are 150AWHP+ stock and its still holding up, i would imagine you would probably treat it the same as the GTR, ease up on the launch and it'll survive haha.

Quick Reply: I havent seen one EVO