Notices

Toronto dealerships charging for a TSB/recall (FAST key)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2011, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toronto dealerships charging for a TSB/recall (FAST key)

Hi guys, I'm in Toronto and my 2008 Lancer GTS' fast key had failed me yesterday, I believe it was caused by interference with my Iphone overtime. The car will not recognize the key at all, but my 2nd key started the car fine. It was a pain in the *** towing it to the dealership at Mid-Toronto Dufferin.

Today I try to call Mid-Toronto and the service department said it will cost $105 to reprogram the dead key, but I searched on this forum + online: http://ifar.ca/en/support/vehicles/5....s.)_mode.html

I told the guy this is a recall and key fobs are supposed to be replaced, the service guy says he's aware of the TSB but it only applies to US and not Canada. Wtf.

This is a known issue and it affects my car, plus my car has the 5 year/100k km warranty left on it, why won't they even replace it? This is pretty frustrating, so then I try another dealership, this time the one on Dixie. The reprogramming fee is $50, so already there's a discrepancy between the charges, but again, I am under warranty and there's a TSB issued out so why do I have to pay for it?

Can anyone help and show me how to get this fixed without being rob by the stealership? Thanks in advance
Old Aug 25, 2011, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

have you tried changing the battery?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 08:02 PM

yes, the key that malfunctioned just got its battery changed so it's brand new I don't know why the car no longer reacts to it