Notices

Mitsubishi Evo X AccessTUNER Gets Massive Beta Updates

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mitsubishi Evo X AccessTUNER Gets Massive Beta Updates

COBB is proud to announce new beta updates for the USDM, ADM/EDM, and World Market Mitsubishi Evolution X. With a quick beta update in AP Manager and AccessTUNER, you can unlock 2-Way Map Switching, CEL Knock Flashing, Mode23 Data Logging, and Refined Load Calculation Strategies. New Stage 0 v210 maps will also be available to use as a starting point to take full advantage of the new AccessTUNER features.

AccessTUNER Updates

By properly blending load based on unique MAF and MAP sensor calculations, the newest Beta AccessTUNER allows your Evo X to perform better than ever. This enhanced understanding of the tuning logic is accompanied by an all new tuning guide, 2-way on the fly map switching, CEL knock flashing, and Mode23 data logging. To update, open AccessTUNER, click Help, Check for Updates, and check the Beta box.

The Updated Tuning Guide, v300 includes the latest tuning strategies, table additions, and monitor updates. Not only is it a great Saturday afternoon read, but it is the best way to learn about the new tuning strategies from the engineers who have spent months researching the optimal way to tune these vehicles. Just open AccessTUNER, click Help, then Help again.

The Refined Load Calculation Strategy utilizes newly exposed tuning tables to fine tune the MAF and MAP systems using the OEM strategies. The new tuning strategy laid out in the all new Tuning Guide eliminates SST shifting issues, jagged timing curves, inconsistent fueling, poor idle with aftermarket intakes, and false knock events.

Mode23 Data Logging enables factory data logging commands for additional data channels and the ability to use alternate logging software. To use Mode23 Logging, just save your current or new map file in the latest version of Beta AccessTUNER and then reflash it to your vehicle.

CEL Knock Flashing can be enabled using the new CEL Knock tables in beta AccessTUNER. These fully adjustable tables allow you to have the CEL on the dash flash at different speeds under knock conditions. A quick and simple way to help monitor the health of your car without needing additional gauges.

2-Way Map Switching allows you to pre-load two finely tuned maps and and quickly switch between them using configurable switching options such as TPS based switching or Cruise Control based switching. This is a great option for performance/economy map or pump gas/E85 map combinations.

USDM Ralliart Map Switching Tables

Using the new tables in beta AccessTUNER, you can modify and switch between the following tables:

EVOX Map Switching Table List:

- “Boost Target Engine Load #1A ( High Gear Range)”
- “Boost Target Engine Load #2 (Low Gear Range)”
- “Cranking Enrichment IPW Adder (Main)”
- “Fuel Injector Scaling”
- “High Octane Fuel Map”
- “High Octane Timing Map”
- “Passive Solenoid Base WGDC Map #1A (High Gear Range)”
- “Passive Solenoid Base WGDC Map #2 (Low Gear Range)”
- “Reactive Solenoid Base WGDC Map #1A (High Gear Range)”
- “Reactive Solenoid Base WGDC Map #2 (Low Gear Range)”

Ralliart Map Switching Table List:

- “Boost Target Engine Load #1A ( High Gear Range)
- “Boost Target Engine Load #2 (Low Gear Range)
- “Cranking Enrichment IPW Adder (Main)
- “Fuel Injector Scaling”
- “High Octane Fuel Map”
- “High Octane Timing Map”
- “Reactive Solenoid Base WGDC Map #1A (High Gear Range)”
- “Reactive Solenoid Base WGDC Map #2 (Low Gear Range)”

AccessPORT Updates

After a simple Beta Firmware update using AP Manager, your AccessPORT will be able to take full advantage of new Data Monitors.

New Data Monitors help utilize the new AccessTUNER map switching, MAF/MAP load calculation, and SST shifting features:

• “Active Map” - Current active switchable map, distinguishing between the two potential map slots.
• “Gear - Current” - Current gear as reported by the TCM. (SST Only)
• “Gear - Next” - Next gear to be used as reported by the TCM. (SST Only)
• “Load Ref. Calc” - A blended version of Calculated Load based on MAF/MAP sensor calculations.
• “MAF Calcs” - Load calculations based from MAF sensor input.
• “MAP Calcs” - Load calculations based from MAP sensor input.
• “Reported TQ to SST” - Torque Reported by the ECU to the TCM for SST actions. (SST Only)
• “SST Cal. Tq. Multiplier” - Allowed torque percentage for the SST. Will drop during shifting. (SST Only)
• “SST Clutch Status” - Displays the clutch/de-clutch status. (SST Only)
• “Tip In Transient” - A derivative of throttle position during engagement of the accelerator pedal.
• “Tip Out Transient” - A derivative of throttle position during disengagement of the accelerator pedal.
• “WB AEM AFR” – Wideband AFR using an AEM UEGO WBo2 wired into the rear O2 harness.

These beta updates are available now! As always if you have any questions, you can contact support@cobbtuning.com or call 866-922-3059.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are the knock cel light automatically enabled after updating access port to the newest version? Or do we have to wait for a new Map update for the KNOCK cel light to work? Or do we just reflash the current map again ?

Last edited by 3000GT-GTO; Nov 29, 2012 at 06:20 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:53 AM
RAI

Looks like a sick list.

Now for those mythical beta maps...
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:19 PM

I was about to get happy for a minute there until I realized no map update...
Old Dec 2, 2012, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Great work as always! Waiting for the injen maps!
Old Dec 2, 2012, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Got mine updated!
Old Dec 2, 2012, 06:55 PM

Can I remove the cel for the rear o2 on access tuner
Old Dec 4, 2012, 07:39 PM
Evolving Member

How come Boost Target Engine Load 1B table disappeared in this latest update?
Old Dec 5, 2012, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Davidc44
Can I remove the cel for the rear o2 on access tuner
Yes. I'm not sure if people noticed this, but you can also wire an AEM wideband o2 sensor into your rear harness and log/monitor it through the AP now too!
Old Dec 6, 2012, 09:17 AM

OMG! This is sooooo funny. I saw the update a couple days ago so I've updated my AP but didn't know about the deliberate flashing CEL. I thought something was wrong with my car because when I'm on the throttle around corners or going up a hill, my CEL would flash and it freaked me out, LOL. Now I know this is a "FEATURE" of the new Beta AP =D
Old Dec 6, 2012, 03:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GeeDubz
OMG! This is sooooo funny. I saw the update a couple days ago so I've updated my AP but didn't know about the deliberate flashing CEL. I thought something was wrong with my car because when I'm on the throttle around corners or going up a hill, my CEL would flash and it freaked me out, LOL. Now I know this is a "FEATURE" of the new Beta AP =D
That means there IS something wrong with your car. You are getting knock. Not good.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

Now all Cobb needs is an android app for access tuner
Old Dec 6, 2012, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by import111
That means there IS something wrong with your car. You are getting knock. Not good.
True. But it's not sustained and not at WOT so it's not alarming. I have looked at the knock count in the logs and it's typically around 5 at half throttle if it happens at all
Old Dec 6, 2012, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GeeDubz
True. But it's not sustained and not at WOT so it's not alarming. I have looked at the knock count in the logs and it's typically around 5 at half throttle if it happens at all
5 counts of not is never good. 3 is considered too much by most. And an occasional 1-2 is tolerable. Sounds like you have a spot on your map you either need to add some fuel or pull some timing. I personally wouldn't be satisfied with your current tune.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by tjac357
5 counts of not is never good. 3 is considered too much by most. And an occasional 1-2 is tolerable. Sounds like you have a spot on your map you either need to add some fuel or pull some timing. I personally wouldn't be satisfied with your current tune.
I'd like to have no knocks if possible because we all know real knocking is not good; but I keep hearing about people with random phantom knocks. And I could have sworn remembering a chat with Cobb that if the count was under 8 counts AND not sustained for more than a couple counts AND not a WOT that it could just be random noise. I remember seeing lots of knocks around idle or something like that in the past and specifically asked about that. On the plus side, I get a flashing dash now that lets me know right away when it happens. I guess I need to log some more to be sure how extensive this knocking is.

A bigger question is does knock put it in a dumb mode if it goes over a certain threshold? I threw a P1235 code a couple days ago and my peak boost cut in half and was only able to do 13 lbs. I've reset the code and so far it hasn't come back.

Quick Reply: Mitsubishi Evo X AccessTUNER Gets Massive Beta Updates