Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

20th Annual DSM/EVO Shootout

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2011, 08:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I plan on attending one way or another this year
Old Sep 12, 2011, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
I know David isn't requiring this, but I'm going to highly suggest anybody in the quick class please, please, please run a full catch pan. There were a few big messes on the track this year that could have been fully avoided by catch pans. I believe the 2g DSM that crashed was after it put some oil out as well. For your safety and that of everybody else, please take the time to make a proper catch pan.

I'm really looking forward to actually racing next year in both the autocross and the quick class!

Kevin
Old Sep 13, 2011, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The sponsors must have loved the event in 2011 because they are stepping up big time for 2012!

Forced Performance has just got on board to sponsor the EVO Stock Appearing class. Thank you FP!
Old Sep 13, 2011, 08:02 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I will make it this year damn it! I will be there with or without my car (hopefully with my car)! Sad to say that next year will actually be my first Shootout Event. I plan on entering the Max Effort Class & can't wait!!
Old Sep 13, 2011, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

The more the merrier!
Old Jan 5, 2012, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I actually thought your MAX effort was a great idea and i applauded it, Im a major part of the group that puts on the road course and autox at MAP Proving Grounds and we have been trying to get a similar event to your max effort going in the past and finally get our wish this year. Our group has always had triple challenges and ***** races (where the women did an autox, drag race, and a higher speed autox at a track to decide you the fastest ***** was), makes for a well rounded event and something new that everyone can get in on.

But the idea that your autox course can even be called an AUTOX is laughable, I finally saw a video for the first time a couple days ago and it looked more like some straightaways with a slalom i was kinda dissapointed but still applaud the effort and uderstand that maybe space is limited and most of the crowd you cater to is after drag racing anyways, not trying to pick but dude that didnt test out the handling or driving ability of a car/driver at all. Just my opinion you can appreciate that.

(Perhaps we can call our event MAX Effort as well, seems to be the trend trying to copy buschur these days)

I dont mind hearing your thoughts, i actually enjoy your speak you mind approach to things reminds me of my dad ha!
Old Jan 5, 2012, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZO2RjNbQcg
Here is the video i was speaking about.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

I've had a few minutes to re-think what I was going to say, from the other thread.

You insulting the autocross course pisses me off but most things **** me off so whatever I guess. Maybe come to the event and race, compete and show everyone your mad skills on such a ****ty autocross course as we have set up. That would be more impressive than insulting it from your keyboard.

Now, the reason the autocross course was set up as it was is that is ALL the space we were allowed to use. Basically a 16' roadway shaped like a U. I can tell you it was a hell of a lot more fun than walking around a car show. I can also tell you from the first time we did it to the second time the attendance nearly tripled. I can also tell you that even the experience autocrossers had a good time doing it.

For the 20th Annual DSM/EVO Shootout we have a full/large parking lot to use and set up a typical autocross course rather than what we had.

In the end the course in the video you posted tested multiple things. How the car turned, as you will note the course had turns, how it accelerated, as you can also see you had to accelerate and brakes, cause you also had to stop........sounds like an autocross to me.

Feel free to copy the name, I'll feel free to make another video and thread about having something else copied
Old Jan 5, 2012, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

BTW, I clicked on the link in your signature, nice video.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

He has a bunch of videos hes very good at what he does, that is something i do not have the patience for and i have too much time in my cars to mess with anything like he does.

I was more or less in shock upon seeing a couple camera angles on that particular video that made the track look vary dull, I watched your video a couple more times i see where there are different apexs and some trail braking it was more or less my initial impression.
I would love to come out but my focus is on our events we host here and i only get time for one distant track a year besides brainerd, I dont really do the drag thing anymore and enjoy High speed track stuff now more then ever (i guess i would never drive that far for just an autox) But if you guys get the urge ito check out proving grounds im sure we could show you a good time and get your feet wet road racing. Or take part in our triple challenge ( we call it '****') Either way no real offense meant to you, and i do want to see the shootout as i have appreciation for fast cars in general.

Who runs the Autox portion for you?
Old Jan 5, 2012, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Get my feet wet in road racing? I was the fastest TTD NASA car at Nationals this year, just for reference and hold a few track records at Mid Ohio.

NORA runs and sets up the autocross.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Dave I dont give a **** if you have me drive in an ovil next year that **** was fun as hell. I'll be there again this year for sure. My windshield is replaced so thats a plus. Haha
Old Jan 5, 2012, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Im really hoping to make it out this year. What a better time with it being the 20th anniversary also
Old Jan 5, 2012, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by David Buschur
Get my feet wet in road racing? I was the fastest TTD NASA car at Nationals this year, just for reference and hold a few track records at Mid Ohio.

NORA runs and sets up the autocross.
I assumed that was a sponsored car or someone else driving, thats very cool here i thought you only knew how to make a car go straight.

Do you happen to remember the times off your max effort runs from last year I presume your car is a 10 flat car on street tires, How close total time was the second place finisher?
Old Jan 6, 2012, 03:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ever consider combining the 2 Eliminator classes? They are unlimited on engine power modifications it seems so cars should be able to be built to compete with each other. May help give more time to get through the elimination rounds too.

Quick Reply: 20th Annual DSM/EVO Shootout