Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

6th Annual Buschur Racing Sport Compact Nationals-May 26th, 2013

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
6th Annual Buschur Racing Sport Compact Nationals-May 26th, 2013

Sunday, May 26th, 2013. Summit Motorsports Park, Norwalk Ohio.

Summit Motorsports Park
-Gates open 8 am to 5 pm
-Car and driver autocross only, $35
-Max Effort autocross/drag, $65.
-Spectator, $15
-Active duty and reserve military free with ID
-12 and under children free
-MANDATORY drivers meeting for MAX EFFORT AND AUTOCROSS at 9:30 am, course walk immediately after drivers meeting.

CLASSES:

MAX EFFORT:

This class puts the best car/driver combination together to show what both are capable of! You will get at least 4 autocross passes and 3 drag runs. Your lowest time from each of those events will be added together to place you in the final standings.

Any car competing in ME/FWD or ME/AWD must run the same tire (140 and up tread wear) for the autocross and the drag races. NO tire changes permitted. Your best ET from your autocross runs will be added to your best 1/4 mile ET and the total ET from the two will place you in the class. Lowest combined time wins! The Max Effort group will be split into their two groups. The first group will run all their autocross runs and immediately after finishing will proceed to the staging lanes for their 3 drag passes. Upon completion of the second groups autocross passes they will proceed to the staging lanes for their three passes.

FME Street tire-Sponsored by Buschur Racing. This will be for any FWD vehicle. Tire must have a tread wear rating of 140 or higher.

AME Street tire-Sponsored by Buschur Racing. This will be for any AWD or RWD vehicle. Tire must have a tread wear rating of 140 or higher.

AUTOCROSS:

FA-Autocross only- This will be for any FWD vehicle. No other rules.
AA-Autocross only-This will be for any AWD or RWD vehicle. No other rules.

DRAG RACES

QUICK 16

-Heads-up. Pro Tree. Anything goes with the exception of full tube chassis RWD vehicles.
-Three qualifiers. Times to be announced.

---------------------------------------------------

IDRC TRUE STREET TURBO RWD/AWD CLASS

A minimum class qualifying time of 13.99 must be met to make the qualifying field.
.400 Pro-Tree
Sportsman ladder
Quickest elapsed time from the previous round will have lane choice for the following round.
16 car field maximum, if you fail to make the field you can move to the Bracket Classes or run Time Trials.

The racer on the tech card for the vehicle must also be the driver. Additional drivers will pay full race entry fee and
must notify officials that there will be two drivers. The driver that qualifies vehicle must
also be the driver in elimination rounds.

True Street Class car are required to have: Headlights, signals, driver and front passenger windows, factory glass, dash board, 2 front seats, door panels, air-to-air intercoolers only, full exhaust with muffler exiting the rear of the car, no more than TWO power adders (i.e. supercharger/nitrous or turbo charger/nitrous), transmission must match manufacture of engine. Standard transmission must retain factory H-pattern.

D.O.T. radial tires only. No skinny front tires. Metric-specified tires may not exceed a section designation of 315. All other
tires must measure less than 10.5-inches in tread width, not in section width. Maximum
tire height is 28 inches. No slicks allowed. No wheelie bars allowed.

Engines are not to exceed the following displacements based on the engine’s
number of cylinders:
4 cylinders less than 2850cc
5 cylinders less than 3563cc
6 cylinders less than 4275cc
8 cylinders less than 5700cc
Racers wishing to challenge the displacement of another competitor’s engine will
post a $250 protest fee. The IDRC will conduct a P&G test to determine the displacement
of the engine. If the engine exceeds the maximum displacement allowed, the racer will be
barred from competition at that event and all event points will be forfeited. The protest
fee will then be returned to the racer filing the protest. If the racer’s engine is of a legal
displacement, the protest fee will be kept by the IDRC.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AWD/RWD
-AWD/RWD vehicles only. No tube chassis vehicles.
-Pro-tree, heads up class. 16 car field with qualifiers being run at 9:30 am, 10:30 am and noon. Sportsman ladder.

FWD
-FWD vehicles only. No tube chassis vehicles. 67mm maximum turbo size.
-Pro-tree, heads up class. 16 car field with qualifiers being run at 9:30 am, 10:30 am and noon. Sportsman ladder.

BRACKET ONE

-Handicapped start. Full tree. 0-12.99 ET.

BRACKET TWO

-Handicapped start. Full tree. 13.00 and slower ET.

TIME TRIALS

This is open to ANY vehicle that wants to just make time runs. No awards, no trophies, no payouts. Just some fun runs as time permits throughout the entire day. You MUST purchase a tech card at the front gate.

Last edited by David Buschur; May 20, 2013 at 08:58 AM.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ill be competing in true street. Anyone else planning on running?
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

If you are on Facebook, click the link in my signature, we have a page on there with people attending, etc.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

I will be there as well. I never been to the Sport Compact. Looking forward to it
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Prolly wont bring the evo over, but I may head over there in the dd
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evosick2332
I will be there as well. I never been to the Sport Compact. Looking forward to it
Glad to hear that and looking forward to seeing what the new "drag car" build runs! Can I ask you a question? What was the best ET/MPH your car ran when it still had the actual MIVEC on it?
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by David Buschur
Glad to hear that and looking forward to seeing what the new "drag car" build runs! Can I ask you a question? What was the best ET/MPH your car ran when it still had the actual MIVEC on it?
Thanks Dave! When I was running MIVEC, I believe my best pass was 9.1@156. My best MPH on the MIVEC I dont recall. I think it was 159/160. My best ever is 167.8mph but that is on the 8 head.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

I'll be honest, the reason I was asking is from your signature. I thought Chris had the best MPH on an EVO9, I'd only consider an EVO9 and EVO9 if it had the MIVEC in it. So I was curious what the best ET/MPH was when yours was actually an EVO9. Not starting ****, just noticed your signature today when I was reading about your new build.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

I'll be honest, the reason I was asking is from your signature. I thought Chris had the best MPH on an EVO9, I'd only consider an EVO9 and EVO9 if it had the MIVEC in it. So I was curious what the best ET/MPH was when yours was actually an EVO9. Not starting ****, just noticed your signature today when I was reading about your new build.
No its cool I actually thought Chris was on the 8 head this whole time. I thought he made the switch last season, but I could be wrong. He def would have the fastest MPH for MIVEC though. I was just going by Fastest EVO 9 MIVEC or not in my sig. I made the switch towards the end of 2011.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

OK, cool! So we can claim the fastest MPH EVO9, with stock side mirrors, stock gas door and a cat tail antenna! hahaha You know how these EVO records work! ROFL.

Thanks for clarifying. I'll let Chris now he's got the highest MPH. Him and I are talking about making the switch this year to an EVO8 head but it's still up in the air at this time.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

We are getting this thread off topic, oh well....was that Brandon's car an EVO9 or an EVO8 with a EVO9 fascia? Wasn't he suppose to have run 8.70's? I think he swapped heads too, I hate TT so I didn't follow that too close.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
Looking forward to this event as well! It will be the 5th one I've attended. I will be competing in the AWD class

Joey - If I don't make it down Friday night in time for dinner at Casa, we definitely need to Saturday! I also know of a very good little italian place in downtown Norwalk called Uptown Cafe... EXCELLENT italian food. They place is usually pretty slow... and they always love when we fill up the restaurent with our 15 person crew in August

Last edited by badev0; Jan 31, 2013 at 08:15 AM.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

Looks like I figured it out, there was another recent thread posted. Looks like for an EVO9 BODY Brandon is still the quickest at 8.79. Joey, you and Brandon both ran a 9.1x in an actual EVO9 (which means it had MIVEC on it still) not sure what the break down was to the hundredth which would determine the Quickest actual EVO9. Looks like Chris is the Fastest with his 160.16 in an actual EVO9 (still has MIVEC) his ET was 9.33 I think.

Now back to the race......sorry for getting this off topic.

Last edited by David Buschur; Jan 31, 2013 at 08:25 AM.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

OK, cool! So we can claim the fastest MPH EVO9, with stock side mirrors, stock gas door and a cat tail antenna! hahaha You know how these EVO records work! ROFL.

Thanks for clarifying. I'll let Chris now he's got the highest MPH. Him and I are talking about making the switch this year to an EVO8 head but it's still up in the air at this time.
Yes you can claim it for the fastest MPH EVO9 MIVEC And no problem for clarifying it. Im not the one to claim records if someone else has it, I just didnt know. Chris's car is sick and look forward to seeing more updates on it.

I believe Brandons car was an EVO9 but on an 8 head. He made that pass like 5 years ago if I remember right. It's been awhile.

Originally Posted by badev0
Looking forward to this event as well! It will be the 5th one I've attended. I will be competing in the AWD class

Joey - If I don't make it down Friday night in time for dinner at Casa, we definitely need to Saturday! I also know of a very good little italian place in downtown Norwalk called Uptown Cafe... EXCELLENT italian food. They place is usually pretty slow... and they always love when we fill up the restaurent with our 15 person crew in August
Scott- Sounds good to me man. Friday if we cant go to Casa then im down for the Italian restuarant for sure. With me being Italian I cant say no to that lol. I'm not sure what time Ill get in Friday but it willl prolly be late afternoon if I take off of work. Im pretty excited man, Cant wait to get out there

Last edited by Evosick2332; Jan 31, 2013 at 09:36 AM.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
I will be going shooting for both days, For sure will be up in norwalk saturday night would like to meet up with people saturday night

Quick Reply: 6th Annual Buschur Racing Sport Compact Nationals-May 26th, 2013