Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

They Are Trying To Shut Down Englishtown Raceway Park

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2004, 11:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
They Are Trying To Shut Down Englishtown Raceway Park

This is an announcement from Raceway Park's web site.
For those of you who don't know - Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ is one of the top tracks in the Northeast Tri-State Area. I'm sure most of the drag racers on this board have been down this track and even call this track their home track.
I know I will be at this meeting prepared to voice my opinion!
http://www.racewaypark.com for more info
ATTENTION RACEFANS:
Raceway Park needs your help and support!!!
On Thursday August 5th, a Public Meeting is being held to discuss the noise levels that affect the residents of Manalapan and Englishtown. Monmouth County Assemblymen Michael J. Panter and Robert L. Morgan will discuss their recent legislation proposal to remove the Motor Vehicle Racetrack Exemption from the Noise Control Act of 1971. This exemption is what makes it possible for racetracks of all types to operate unmuffled vehicles. This move would be devastating to Raceway Park, and could set off a number of changes the way racetracks operate both here in our area and all over the state. Founded in 1965, long before the wave of housing developments that now dominate our area, Raceway Park has remained a place for motorsport enthusiasts of all kinds to come and enjoy the sports they love. Raceway Park has been able to stay open these many years based largely in part on the vocal support of the many local race fans who have helped us to fend off these attacks in the past.
We now ask for that support again, so that we may silence those who oppose Raceway Park once and for all. The meeting is open to the public and will take place on Thursday August 5th at 7:00 PM in Manalapan Township at the Monmouth County Library Headquarters located at 125 Symmes Rd. The library is a mere 1/4 mile from the corner of Route 9 and Symmes Rd. and very easy to access. If you are unable to attend, please contact Assemblymen Panter and Assemblymen Morgan at 732-741-5599 and voice your opinion. You may also fax your thoughts to 732-741-0012 or contact them via email at AsmPanter@njleg.org or AsmMorgan@njleg.org. If you e-mail, please copy Raceway Park at etownrcwy@aol.com. You can send a letter to them at New Jersey General Assembly, Legislative Office, The Galleria, 2 Bridge Avenue, Bldg. 2, Red Bank, New Jersey 07701. Please come out and support Raceway Park, the home of fast family fun for over 40 years and for many years to come.
Old Jul 31, 2004, 12:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
the post above was copied from another forum.. the post below are my own thoughts:

Think of the rise that the tri-state area is going to see in "STREET RACING". The closing of this track could mean so many horrible tragedies and just things that don't really need to happen. Just take a brief and logical second to think about it. WHERE ELSE IS EVERYONE GOING TO GO?? You take all those crazy fast cars that can cover such small distance in such small time at disturbing rates of acceleration, they can cause horrible things when they are being operated in an open road. The necessity that is being brought up as the reason for the closing of this PARK does not out weigh the tragical and horrible --effects-- that this "wrong" decision can --cause--.
I know that there's alot of hard core street racers here and they wont like my post, but i wouldn't want my two 17 year old little brothers to be participating in street racing every other weekend because they don't have a place to go to on friday night for test-n-tune (A TRACK).... that place is safe... and I'm sure that for every accident that has occurred at the ( ((ENGLISHTOWN RACEWAY PARK)) ) IT HAS BEEN A LIFE BEING SAVED... emt's are seconds away and react in fractions of a second... they never waited for a call and had to travel 5 or 20 miles to get to the scene of the accident... And during these accidents that occurred at the track there wasn't a van in the middle of the traffic carrying an innocent family that could have gotten hurt or worse.
how can people in their right minds want this to happen????? specially grown older so called "responsible", "professional", "WELL EDUCATED", and "authoritative" figures such as the higher commanding bodies making this "wrong" decision a reality.

sad and worried
Eduardo Rosado

A petition for Englishtown Raceway Park has been started, which will be sent to the people making this “wrong” decision, before the town meeting. Please take the little time it takes to sign the petition and to give them a call to voice your opinion.
Feel free to copy and paste this URL to all places. Thanks.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/600108155

Last edited by ModenaTwinTurbo; Jul 31, 2004 at 12:05 AM.
Old Aug 2, 2004, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
*bump*
Old Aug 2, 2004, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Sheesh! Regardless of anything else, the housing developments came in '!after!' the racetrack! Now...just how to sugarcoat that statement.

jcnel.
Old Aug 3, 2004, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

I am going to be there voicing my suport for the racetrack. The fools that built houses right next to the track and the even bigger fools who moved in there are the ones to blame for this. They have no right to complain about the noise, it's not like they were there first!
Old Aug 3, 2004, 06:41 PM
Evolving Member

It going to be hard to win this in the long run. The financial gain for all those home owners is far to great to ultimately defeat. Yes, they are completely in the wrong because the track was there first and they knew it. They just want to have their property values rise as a result of the elimination of the noise source.
Old Aug 3, 2004, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
bump.
Old Aug 4, 2004, 03:55 PM

i just signed the petition. i really wish i could make it down to that meeting tomorrow but i have class until that time. by the time i get out and get down there the meeting would probably be over. this is the sme situation with eh club i work at. most of the club is outside and is very noisy, they built new apartments near it now the people complain and want the clb shutdown. its totally wrong. i really hope etown doesnt get shut down. its home to myself along with plenty of others. i'm gonna go around to other boards and share this info.
Old Aug 11, 2004, 08:21 AM
AcA
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We definately need more petition sign.
Old Aug 11, 2004, 08:33 AM
Evolving Member

signed and bumped to the nasioc board via a friend.
Old Aug 11, 2004, 11:51 PM

If you didn't realize, that meeting wasn't to shut it down. They don't even have any power to; it's not even the same town.
Old Aug 12, 2004, 11:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wish you guys the best in keeping your dragstrip open. They just shut down the dragstrip that I've been racing at for the last 20 years, The Carlsbad Dragstrip in Carlsbad California. I've seen the housing developements around the track popping up for the last 10 years or so and I knew that it would be just a matter of time. The last race was held on August 8th. Another Southern California dragstrip bites the dust. I hope you guys can fight to keep your track open, unfortunately we lost our battle.
Old Aug 15, 2004, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

Modena TT: Tell me something. You live in B-port Ct, and own a stable of Italian Stallions? What scale are they? Dude stop puffin on the phillies already
Old Sep 7, 2004, 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

Personally - i've only been to raceway Park a few times but i have to say it is a first class facility. I just would like to know if the NHRA is aware of this and what are the reprocussions if it does close. The Summernationals is a great event and if the track closes - what then ??

ModenaTT - dude, you are so right. too bad not many of the right ppl have your common sense.