Notices
E85 / Ethanol This section is dedicated to tuning with ethanol.

Evo * Mr tuned By stay tuned

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2016, 11:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo * Mr tuned By stay tuned

hello to all,

this is Omair I live in Pakistan I own a Mitsubishi evolution 8 MR with lot of stuff in it
recently my car is tuned online by stay tuned on E 90.
The car runs perfect drive ability is fantastic
my car made over 900 whp on my setup here is the link below
reason of posting is i mess my lots of $ on other tuners if some one wants to tune his car he can contact stay tuned calibrations they really care for there costumers.

Thanks
Omair

Facebook Post
Old Feb 25, 2016, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
He does know 8's & 9's very well. I would say otherwise to the 10.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 07:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks Omair! Yes we have tuned hundreds of cars to date!. All platforms from Evo's to BMW. Stock Ecu to Standalone EMS.. We are very comfortable with the Evo X platform. We don't actively advertise on this site but I'm sure you can find us online. When you have successfully tuned the amount of cars we have it's no surprise to encounter a failure every so often. The majority of failures are due to the end user.

1. if you alter the boost pressure after the tune is complete - You are on your own.

2. If you fail to keep an adequate amount of oil in your engine and you spin a bearing. - You are on your own.

3. If you proceed to boost/abuse your vehicle on a base map intended just for start-up on a fresh build with no intentions of sending final payment (stealing) for a final tune. - It's on you!

Out of the hundreds upon hundreds of vehicles we have tuned in the 15yrs of doing so. Those are the only failures we have encountered. I would say our record is stellar! Be confident!
Old Mar 3, 2016, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

Define "very"

Recently I've heard another X took a dump while cruising in 5th gear while going up a grade. Same failure mode as the last X I heard about. Am I correct in hearing so?
Old Mar 6, 2016, 11:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lancerrally45
Define "very"

Recently I've heard another X took a dump while cruising in 5th gear while going up a grade. Same failure mode as the last X I heard about. Am I correct in hearing so?
As mentioned above. If an engine exhibits a "failure mode" as you describe, after 20,000 miles; I would bet its not the tune and maybe just maybe, abuse? 350whp and 10* timing/25-27psi isnt going to kill a stock block. Break boosting in 5th gear at 3k rpm, well. What do you expect? You want to get serious, and do it right? Build the motor and never look back. It's a risk on the 4b11 with it's aluminum block/Chrysler designed block. World gas engine. IMO, even keeping the power and torque under 350 isn't going to guarantee you anything. You can blow a stock motor in the same manner and it's been done many times.

10-20-30-1000 miles after a tune? Even 10,000 miles I could offer some sympathy; but 20-30k later. It's a toss up. It's a gamble, and everyone understands this.

Rock on!
Old Mar 7, 2016, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

I would agree, whenever you mod a "stock" car your gambling odds decrease. Just weird that both situations where the same situation. Most people know that low rpm high load, will turn your bottom end into spaghetti. If someone was break boosting in 5th gear, their engine deserves to be blown.

But yes, that kind of mileage should point elsewhere. Unless it took 20k miles to simulate a specific condition. Doubtful but possible.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lancerrally45
I would agree, whenever you mod a "stock" car your gambling odds decrease. Just weird that both situations where the same situation. Most people know that low rpm high load, will turn your bottom end into spaghetti. If someone was break boosting in 5th gear, their engine deserves to be blown.

But yes, that kind of mileage should point elsewhere. Unless it took 20k miles to simulate a specific condition. Doubtful but possible.
After speaking with the customer today. The main issue was a 1-2-1 shift it seems. aka "money shift". Initially, it's easy to point the finger at the tuner; although typically the true "root cause" shows it face. When we hand a vehicle back to the customer we expect the customer to exhibit moderation and responsibility. It's racing, $hit happens, but rebuild it stronger next time around. Learn from your mistakes and move on.

I've done it before, but not on this platform. (a bmw) I found my oil pump gear in the oil pan. Apparently Stock 3.2 I6 did not like 10k+rpms

Last edited by SiriusEvo; Mar 7, 2016 at 02:50 PM.