ECU Flash

Injector scaling

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2006, 11:01 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Injector scaling

Hey all,

I'm going to be messing with the injector scaling in ECUFlash and I was wondering if anyone had deadtime/latency/etc charts for different injectors or knew where to look for them?

I am currently using Denso 720cc injectors. I know that the larger injectors usually scale differently depending on RPM and load because of deadtime so I know just inputing "720" into ECUFlash probably won't be the perfect solution.

Anyone have any thoughts / ideas / comments on this?
Old May 11, 2006, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know about Denso But If you call RC Engineering Customer Service they can Give you the information for there injectors
Old May 11, 2006, 11:16 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
This actually came up in conversation last night.. There's a Injector Voltage Compensation, and a scaling, Stock injectors are approximately 550cc, in the ECUFlash it shows it as 513, I'm guessing you would eyeball your sizing, look at the fuel trims until your within +/- 10% If you just can't get big injectors to idle well, then you would adjust the voltage compensation so you can compensate more for slightly lower voltage (idle speed)

I think there are other compensation settings that didn't make it into the Definitions yet.
Old May 11, 2006, 11:29 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Originally Posted by MalibuJack
This actually came up in conversation last night.. There's a Injector Voltage Compensation, and a scaling, Stock injectors are approximately 550cc, in the ECUFlash it shows it as 513, I'm guessing you would eyeball your sizing, look at the fuel trims until your within +/- 10% If you just can't get big injectors to idle well, then you would adjust the voltage compensation so you can compensate more for slightly lower voltage (idle speed)

I think there are other compensation settings that didn't make it into the Definitions yet.
Yup, both those things I was looking into. I also believe the ECU has deadtime settings as well, but perhaps those are the "other settings" that haven't been defined yet.

I believe ECUtek has it.
Old May 11, 2006, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MalibuJack

Good Call,

i would have never thought of using the voltage compensation to help with the idle on large injectors.