Notices
ECU Flash

tweaking maps

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2006, 08:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How does she feel Noogles? Can you tell a difference? I would think 22 degrees timing would be a lil much on pump gas but if you are not seeing any knock thats great.
Old May 14, 2006, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by thekuai
ive read that you should tune using a datalogger using nbo2 values and then using a wideband to verify?
Better take out some good insurance before you start charging people to flash their cars. You are going to be blowing lots of things up. I agree completely with what Always had to say to you as well. Frankly it pisses me off really badly that you don't have a clue and are already trying make a buck when its Colby, Jason and the others who deserve any and all of it.
Old May 14, 2006, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by A418t81
Better take out some good insurance before you start charging people to flash their cars. You are going to be blowing lots of things up. I agree completely with what Always had to say to you as well. Frankly it pisses me off really badly that you don't have a clue and are already trying make a buck when its Colby, Jason and the others who deserve any and all of it.

I agree as well. If Colby, Jason, and the bunch arent charging for the program that they've dedicated the past 6 or so months and have another 6 or so to go, what gives you the right to benefit off of their generosity? Plus im pretty sure that advertising a service without vendor status goes against forum rules.
Old May 14, 2006, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MalibuJack
Interesting you point that out.. I made a recent observation on my car, that I had be progressively making more and more aggressive tunes on pump gas, And I kept trying to figure it out, then I made the connection, gasoline in my area has 10% ethanol and since we switched over, I had been able to run a little more boost and slightly leaner than I did previously.. I don't know if it gained any power, but I would no longer get knock events that I might a year before. Now, this could be due to several things, but I found it interesting.

Like Opinions, Tuning a car is like a butthole, everyone has one and most stink..

You know i was thinking the same thing except the pumps around here say "may contain ethanol" so i don't know if it actually does.
Old May 14, 2006, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 05BlackEVO
How does she feel Noogles? Can you tell a difference? I would think 22 degrees timing would be a lil much on pump gas but if you are not seeing any knock thats great.

The car pulls like a 100 times better even than the first 280 map i posted. It's my opinion that the reason that i'm runninng so much timing without knock up top is all because of my FMIC, i'm showing only 3-5 degrees over ambiant thats 21 psi @ 8000 rpm.

When ever i tune i have always added fuel at peak torque (peak cylinder pressure) and with 8 degrees across the board fromm 3k-5500 rpm i'm making insane torque. After that i just gradualy lean it out keeping a close eye on EGT's.

FYI the reason that after 7k i faten it up is actually because i'm compensating for my injectors being At 115% duty cycle (they are just open they dont pulse much)
Old May 14, 2006, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

hey, it seems to be working well for you. PM me your mods if you don' feel like posting them here. I'm curious to see your combo. Do you have any dyno plots with A/F charts? or even better 1/4mile times, what kind of MPH are you trapping.
Old May 14, 2006, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

hks rs intake, ams upper and lower ic pipe, buschur race fmic, hand ported throttle body, comp 280+ cams, ported 10.5 hotside, buschur tbe w/ old style muffler & random technologies 3" spiral wound hfc, forge mbc 23psi spike 21 psi to redline,

I have a crap load of AF datalogs

i'll be on the dyno wed or thursday of this week, no 1/4 times but in the i ran a best 7.0 @ 98 in the 1/8 friday night.
Old May 14, 2006, 11:03 AM

how much timing would you increase on c16?
Old May 14, 2006, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

all depends i would only raise it 2-3 degrees max, the biggest gain is going to be raise in boost.

C16 has a lower specific gravity than pump gas so it will naturally be leaner.
Old May 14, 2006, 11:45 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Noogles,

What are you using to log knock?
Old May 14, 2006, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

I have an innovative dl-32 logger & XD-16 guage. (boost, rpm, ignition, egt, maf voltage, AFR, o2 voltage and 3 spare 0-5v inputs)
Old May 14, 2006, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Noogles
i'll be on the dyno wed or thursday of this week, no 1/4 times but in the i ran a best 7.0 @ 98 in the 1/8 friday night.
nice MPH, your car should trap 120+ in the 1/4. looking forward to seeing those dyno results.
Old May 14, 2006, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't believe all the people trying to make a quick buck off of EcuFlash...but I suppose buyer beware because everyone who is hawking "cheap ECU upgrades" doesn't really know too much about tuning.
Old May 14, 2006, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Noogles
all depends i would only raise it 2-3 degrees max, the biggest gain is going to be raise in boost.

C16 has a lower specific gravity than pump gas so it will naturally be leaner.
I disagree a little here. C-16 is going to need much more timing than pump gas to burn properly. But, I'm with you, too, on the more boost part. I am always wary about adding to much timing. But C-16 will allow you to run very lean and a lot of timing. C-16 and pump gas are just two totally different animals.

Eric
Old May 14, 2006, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

2-3 degrees on my map would bring it to 27 degrees advance, thats alot of timming.

Quick Reply: tweaking maps