Notices
ECU Flash

How-to flash your ECU using ECUFLASH

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2007, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by savaho
I don't think sharing your M1 flash with others is fair to jestertuning. Come on people, quit being a bunch of cheap asses and just pay for your own flash. It's already one of the cheapest mods available.

On a side note, if you are having problems viewing the recording due to java problems please call 1-866-229-3239 option 1, 1.

It's software dude, it's also a pain if you can't unlock your own map to change say the boost or rev limiter or 2-Step and so on. It's out there like pee in a swimming pool at this point. I myself have 6 separate Evo IX maps, but you know what? There isn't one base map that will compair to a True custom map. A lot of tuners simply upla=oad base maps untill the car makes a good WOT pull, add's some fuel down low for cams and WALA, $400. This will make them work harder.
Old Jan 12, 2007, 08:37 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by High_PSI
It's software dude, it's also a pain if you can't unlock your own map to change say the boost or rev limiter or 2-Step and so on. It's out there like pee in a swimming pool at this point. I myself have 6 separate Evo IX maps, but you know what? There isn't one base map that will compair to a True custom map. A lot of tuners simply upla=oad base maps untill the car makes a good WOT pull, add's some fuel down low for cams and WALA, $400. This will make them work harder.
I completely agree with you on this one.

I'm all for sharing.............if you don't like it.............. don't participate in it.

I still can't view the video.

Last edited by milo; Jan 12, 2007 at 09:16 AM.
Old Jan 12, 2007, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

A Mail in flash isn't optimal either, get a custom ROAD tune, or tune yourself like the DSM crowd did with pocket logger and so on.
Old Jan 12, 2007, 11:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by High_PSI
That's a lame argument. The fact is if you can't afford to pay someone a measley $52 for your own flash then you're a broke *** who shouldn't be trying to mod period.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by savaho
That's a lame argument. The fact is if you can't afford to pay someone a measley $52 for your own flash then you're a broke *** who shouldn't be trying to mod period.
Whoa, WHOA easy there Tiger....Where in ANY of my posts did I state I have a Jester Tune? I don't have their tune. I have a couple of base flash's which are just that; basic. I am teaching myself how to tune, modify the MAP and adjust everything myself. All the maps I have are now MY maps that work on MY car. That is my entire point sir.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

so what about the $200 subscription..

does that include m0-m2?

or do you buy the $52 then the $200?
Old Feb 3, 2007, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FastAzzEvo
so what about the $200 subscription..

does that include m0-m2?

or do you buy the $52 then the $200?
Talk to jestr tuning and I got the info I need.

Can't wait to get my tactrix and get my ecu unlocked for the jestr m1 flash
Old Feb 3, 2007, 04:51 PM
Evolving Member

so you just make a payment to the paypal account under the email address and he will just know that you are going to be sending an email about getting a new flash? How does ordering work?
Old Feb 13, 2007, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

K.. downloaded the ECU FLASH.. now i have to buy the tactrix cable!

does it matter which user profile i put? someone mentioned developer? is that what i should put?
Old Feb 19, 2007, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

no it doesn't.. switching your software to developer just makes available more options for you to use in your software..

just send the rom and remember that everytime ou save a rom in your computer. you have to included the .hex extension.. ie. you want to save your file as jhonnyIX then you have to save the file as jhonnyIX.hex
Old Feb 19, 2007, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by joshesh
so you just make a payment to the paypal account under the email address and he will just know that you are going to be sending an email about getting a new flash? How does ordering work?
jestertunning.com buddy.. all info is here.

ordering is very simple.. send your file.. and remember to name it with something you wont forget.. when you send the paypal especify tha the payment is in reference to your file.. and it is for a e-flash..
Old Feb 26, 2007, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

savaho- pm sent
Old Mar 7, 2007, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

How come when I pull up Ecuflash, the "read from ECU flashes memory" doesnt light up.... the only think I can select is "open an existing rom file"?

Must you have the cord hooked up for the read button to light up?
Old Mar 7, 2007, 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

nevermind got it thanks!
Old Mar 20, 2007, 09:33 PM
Evolving Member

Damn cant see the video.

Quick Reply: How-to flash your ECU using ECUFLASH