Notices
ECU Flash

ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2014, 10:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by poisonouschimp
I hook up the evoscan cable, log the data with some 3rd/4th gear pulls. I then put my mods in and then get the numbers to closely match the current tune?

Current tune was done by RRE for my current mods. When changing to my new mods (1050cc injectors, HKS cams, and test pipe) I will try and match the current map assuming it isn't knocking badly?
Don't forget to hook up your wideband too! Tuning without a WB is pretty much useless.

I don't quite understand when you ask, "I then put my mods in and then get the numbers to closely match the current tune?"

Do you mean put in your scalar and latencies? If yes, then that's part of it. Get what numbers to closely match what? I think you're way off. You want to get your current parts to match an AFR, timing and boost for your fuel.

I hope that helps. Try watching Recompiles youtube vids on ECUFlash. Some of it is outdated, but it gives you a good idea on how to start tuning.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 10isace
Don't forget to hook up your wideband too! Tuning without a WB is pretty much useless.

I don't quite understand when you ask, "I then put my mods in and then get the numbers to closely match the current tune?"

Do you mean put in your scalar and latencies? If yes, then that's part of it. Get what numbers to closely match what? I think you're way off. You want to get your current parts to match an AFR, timing and boost for your fuel.

I hope that helps. Try watching Recompiles youtube vids on ECUFlash. Some of it is outdated, but it gives you a good idea on how to start tuning.
Oh sorry I didn't explain very well. What I meant was once I add more intake air it will lean out (ie:10%) so I need to make it more rich to compensate 10%. Or 14.7 AFR goes to 15.5 with mods, so I need to drop it back to 14.7.

Yes I got my wide band in the mail today! Now I just need to figure out how to get that sucker on. Got a welder who will do that bung and another thing I need for $75.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by poisonouschimp
Oh sorry I didn't explain very well. What I meant was once I add more intake air it will lean out (ie:10%) so I need to make it more rich to compensate 10%. Or 14.7 AFR goes to 15.5 with mods, so I need to drop it back to 14.7.

Yes I got my wide band in the mail today! Now I just need to figure out how to get that sucker on. Got a welder who will do that bung and another thing I need for $75.
Nice. You could also put the WB sensor in place of your rear o2 sensor if you're running a test pipe. I've done it to some customer's cars with the cat in place, but I think it reads a little leaner.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by 10isace
Nice. You could also put the WB sensor in place of your rear o2 sensor if you're running a test pipe. I've done it to some customer's cars with the cat in place, but I think it reads a little leaner.
I was thinking of doing that since my test pipe has a bung already there, but in the AEM manual thing they said don't mount horizontal, which is where the bung is currently. The manual said at least 10 degrees above the horizontal.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 02:24 PM

hey guys
Right now im trying to datalog using evoscan/ecuflash and things arent going to well. Im trying to use an aem uego 4100 with evoscan and i just had the gauge installed, which is working well and a serial to usb put in. on evoscan itself, i have aem 9600 ticked under the wideband menu, but when i go an select the com port for the wideband (which is comport 3 in my laptop) it doesnt seem to work. i can click on the "select wideband serial comport" as many times as i like with no response. I know its not the wideband bc i used a hyperterminal and the afr's were comming through loud and clear. is there a glitch in evoscan thats not allowing me to choose the comport? or am i doing something wrong? any input would be great
Old May 1, 2014, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Does anyone know if the newest version of evoscan will monitor and show info on customs gauges (boost, afr, timing, battery, etc) without actually recording? Im looking into a carpc setup and i want the 7" monitor to display live info all the time without it actually recording. Allowing me to record whenever i need to just like RomRaider used to be for subarus
Old May 2, 2014, 09:22 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by vmrevo9
Does anyone know if the newest version of evoscan will monitor and show info on customs gauges (boost, afr, timing, battery, etc) without actually recording? Im looking into a carpc setup and i want the 7" monitor to display live info all the time without it actually recording. Allowing me to record whenever i need to just like RomRaider used to be for subarus
Yeah, In EvoScan there is an option called "Datalog to file" if you untick it, it still displays on the custom gauges during datalogging.
Old May 2, 2014, 10:13 AM

I figured i would ask here since this seems to be the general questions thread. I have my evo 9 mr on 88590015 rom (didnt want to switch to tephra yet until i get comfortable with tuning) but i am setting up 2 byte load logging. From all the research i have done i know the there are several different loads the ecu uses for certain maps. I am looking to log load baro + iat compensated for ig maps and baro comp for another from the official 2 byte load raw is mut 00 = 6b42 and 01 = 6b43. somewhere i read that all the loads are within 2 bytes of eachother ie load baro+iat comp should be 6b48 and 6b49 from what i understand. i logged these values and they do seem to be load. correct me if i am wrong or if you have the values for all four loads(i know theres 5) that would be awesome. also the math in evo scan for 2 byte load is .3125x(which seems right) and on the official 2 byte thread. they say to change it to 1000x/256 which is definitely not correct.
once i get this all set up i think i am going to write a tutorial for setting up for logging in all my research i did not find anything that really was a straight up tutorial for getting everything dialed in. <input is welcome on that. lol
Thanks Dave.
Old May 2, 2014, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by evoscan
Yeah, In EvoScan there is an option called "Datalog to file" if you untick it, it still displays on the custom gauges during datalogging.
thanks Hamish, I'm looking at ordering a new cable and the newer version of evoscan once I get the carpc set up.
Old May 15, 2014, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Hello,
I can't seem to be able to record the fuel trims using EvoScan V2.8, any idea what maybe the cause?
Thanks
Old May 15, 2014, 11:16 AM

Speed Density Questions

I am new to the tuning scene and have just decided to make the switch to speed density. I finally got my car in shape to make the switch, read tons of posts about how to make the switch, transferred all of my maps over to the 3d speed density tephra v7. The problem is that when I flash the speed density maps on the car it will start initially and run fine just like it was running before the new maps were loaded on except a little lean. Well no problem, I just have to adjust the speed density map for idle to richen it up. Well, as soon as I turn it off and flash the updated map on, the car will not start up at all. Even when the speed density values are changed back to what the car was initially flashed with, it just fails to start. It will crank over like crazy but not fire up! As soon as I convert back to MAF the car will start back up like nothing even happened. I have tried and failed to find anyone with similar problems and it is nagging at me how it could initially start up and then fail to after shutting the car off. I have checked all of my hex addresses and made sure ecuflash was set to the Omni4bar that I have installed in the car and still nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Like I said I am all new to this so if there is something stupid I am doing wrong try not to tear me apart.
Old May 27, 2014, 10:35 PM

EVOscan 2.9.0023

Hello,

Been using EVOscan for a few years now. Just upgraded to 2.9.0023 Selected the map trace function and selected my current map from XML file and i get

'type' is an unexpected token. Expecting white space. Line 366, position 58

I dont' have an EVO but a Mitsubishi Legnum.

Any help is appreciated
Old May 30, 2014, 10:36 AM

can not open the file

Have a little busy myself today with the Evoscan software. Connection and fault memory read out. Everything worked well.
I've already uploaded the (*.hex file) with evo scan software.

But just can not open the file (*.hex) with the ECU flash software. Can the tolls still be unlocked? i have no key! or how I need a licence?
Picture in the note.

thank you and sorry for my english
Attached Thumbnails ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions-evoscan-error3.jpg  
Old Jun 1, 2014, 06:40 AM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by RST_89
But just can not open the file (*.hex) with the ECU flash software.
open the hex file with ultraedit or notepad++ and go to the rom id hex location and you can see what the RomID is, you can download the definition from the Mitsubishi database in my signature below.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 06:43 AM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by jungle
Been using EVOscan for a few years now. Just upgraded to 2.9.0023 Selected the map trace function and selected my current map from XML file and i get
Any help is appreciated
send me an email with your map file and xml file, and if I get the same error, I can send you an updated version with a fix.

Quick Reply: ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions