Notices
ECU Flash

ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2016, 04:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can anyone help with this?? I want to read the ROM. I just downloaded the latest version of EcuFlash and now I get this.

Also, I don't see all the ROM Metadata???? Like this:

Old Oct 23, 2016, 06:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, I am running EvoScan 2.9 and openport 2.0 cable. when I start logging, the ABS sign and ACD light are flashing, once stop logging, back to normal. My car is JDM Evo 8 MR running tephraMod V7.

Is this normal?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by gvr4v
Can anyone help with this?? I want to read the ROM. I just downloaded the latest version of EcuFlash and now I get this.

Also, I don't see all the ROM Metadata???? Like this:

Hi Victor.

Sir, you are missing 2 xmls that is the reason why your ecu flash is unable to read the bin file.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 12:59 PM

No connection to ecu, ce9a

Hi!

Just got myself this obd/aldl 12pin cable from limitless and bought the evoscan software.
Tried today to get connected to the ecu of the car to check some values but i cant get connectec, evoscan tries to reconnect plenty of times with no result.
Also tried older Evoscan 2.5 without sucess.

Does anyone have any idea on what im doing wrong?

Would realy like to get this to work, need to make the MOT but first i need to check the lambda values and such.

Please help, tried googling and searching without any answers.. :/

Best regards!
/Pontus
Sweden
Old Oct 24, 2016, 03:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dr_jing
Hi, I am running EvoScan 2.9 and openport 2.0 cable. when I start logging, the ABS sign and ACD light are flashing, once stop logging, back to normal. My car is JDM Evo 8 MR running tephraMod V7.

Is this normal?
Yes, the check engine light etc will flash, I would be concerned if the lights stayed on after being disconnected.
The following users liked this post:
dr_jing (Oct 24, 2016)
Old Nov 10, 2016, 05:49 AM

Alright, two questions. Hoping this is where they should be posted.

Both pertaining to EGR deletes.

1.) Buddy removed his EGR, tuned already, I just want to tune out the EGR. Is it easiest to download his ROM, then use Tephramod to delete the EGR? Evo 8 with Tune.

2. My Evo IX has a dual tune from RS Motors, 91 and E85 if it matters. I have no idea what the easiest way to go about turning the EGR off in my car. I don't know if it's running Tephra or if it has to be since it's dual tuned. Again, what is the easiest way to tell and how to go about doing this?

Thank you!
Old Nov 13, 2016, 02:31 PM

Looking for a little EvoScan Help.

Have an Openport 1.3U cable - EvoScan 2.9 on Win 10. Here's what my log looks like with the engine at idle.

Everything is all over the place. I can log with an ELM device, but that's too slow. Any help is appreciated.

2005 evo8 MR

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Mm...1Iy26v-_Yil_YM

Last edited by MrCollyns; Nov 13, 2016 at 02:33 PM. Reason: forgot link
Old Nov 13, 2016, 05:53 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 153 Likes on 116 Posts
Looks like a baudrate mismatch. Check your baudrate2_MUT setting in your ROM. It must match the one in Evoscan.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 08:21 PM

Now to get into a locked rom....
Old Nov 15, 2016, 03:07 PM

My problem was the computer i was trying to use.

MPB with Bootcamp windows 10 was just reading garbage through the USB.. I tried a little cheap netbook and everything downloaded perfectly. Looks like i'm running a dual tune Tephra V7...

When all else fails, try a new machine.

However, I'm still unable to use evoscan or mitsulogger, but ecuFlash works all day... there is also no baud rate in the V7 rom file any where so I am tell if it's connected or not. Anyone know the baud rate of v7?

Last edited by MrCollyns; Nov 15, 2016 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Adding new info
Old Nov 16, 2016, 07:25 AM

Stuck in the same spot as yesterday.

So here's my current situation.

Started out with a Mac Book Pro running Bootcamp Windows10 - No ECUFlash, EvoScan would connect but give me garbage/random readouts, No Mitsulogger... nothing worked, however the computer did see that i was using an OpenPort 1.3 Cable, so i know the drivers installed correctly.

I decided to try another machine -

Asus Aspire One - Netbook

I went through the forums and disabled the performance hindering options, uninstalled many programs, rebooted several times, then connected to the car and BAM, ECUFlash read the rom, instantly no fails... (UAC Was enabled for all of this)f

Got all the definitions i needed to read the rom, now that's all jivin' real nice.

I go to open EvoScan, and it connectes, turned green, gave me an ECUID of 0000 and All of my readouts are 0. TPS = 0 even when WOT, i turn the car on, RPM = 0, even the TephraMod RPM comes up 0. I unchecked everything andonly leftthe TPS sensor on, figure i could test that with the car off, only 0 no matter what i press.

So then i load up with crappy ODB doctore sfotware and an ELM bluetooth device, Well, that works just fine, It's really slow, but it works.

Why is the software and cable that is $150 not working as well as the freeware and $9 ELM device?

All i want to do is log my drives so i'm not guessing as to whats going to fail next. lol. Any help????
Old Nov 16, 2016, 03:35 PM

Hello all, i am having a hard time getting my evoscan to log my fuel trims. My O2 sensor is brand new and doesn't change in the log. I am using 2.8 on a 99 gsx with the ceddymods. The car runs pig rich while cruising then out of nowhere it leans out after 15-20 minutes of driving. See attached log around the 410 mark... anyone have any ideas?
Attached Files
Old Nov 16, 2016, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by cdrinkh2o
Looks like a baudrate mismatch. Check your baudrate2_MUT setting in your ROM. It must match the one in Evoscan.
I finally got the correct definitions for a TephraMod V7 and I added in the Baudrate scaling and the Baudrate definitions.

<removed bad info>

I found the right address for the Baudrate - my first attempt yielded the wrong address - current Baudrate is 15625 which pretty much rules out a baudrate issue. This makes me think that Evoscan IS connecting properly and it is not looking in the right place for the right data... How do i compare, let's say, RPM that request at 21... Does that correlate to any numbers in EcuFlash?

Last edited by MrCollyns; Nov 17, 2016 at 05:20 AM. Reason: Updating Information
Old Nov 17, 2016, 06:47 AM

0 for voltage and TPS, (i was pressing it in)<br/>

any ideas?
Old Nov 21, 2016, 06:36 AM

Unhappy

So I never did get this working. It seems that EvoScan and my car are not going to get along.

EcuFlash works no problem.. Cheap ELM devices can log the ODB standard info no problem... but getting EvoScan to do the simplest of tasks does not work.

Going to try a windows 7 machine and some older drivers as a last effort before I ask for my money back for the software.

Quick Reply: ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions