Notices
ECU Flash

ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2016, 01:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TO Conclude:

I ordered a Tactrix 2.0 after exchanging a couple emails back and forth with their support. They told me that they didn't have a live logging option, but theirs would log via microSD and could view it later.

Well i figured that would suffice if EvoScan never ended up working properly.

I received it today and it instantly works with EvoScan. If you get the error like i did above with the 1.3U cable, order a 2.0 from tactrix and EvoScan should come to life. I'm going to see if it can dual log later today. Would be nice to jam a high GB card in there and log every drive ever.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
starter kit

So I have an Evo 9. I need a starter kit or something for this car, tactrix cable and whatever I need to start logging/tunning. Sorry I know this is a total noob post, but i really need to cut to the chase. thanks in advance!
Old Jan 11, 2017, 02:23 AM

Cant read rom

Hey Guys, (ECUFLASH WONT READ) yes i've read other questions..

My Evo 8 has been previously tuned by IS motor racing from the previous owner.

I have been trying to read the ROM however i continually get an error message saying check log for details.

The strange thing is i was able to read the ROM on my mac using the 1.38 software, however that's as far as i could go as it couldn't find the correct definition assuming i need a Tephra mod definition for a Evo 8 MR JDM. It just seems strange that i cant get that far with the current 1.42 software.

I'm using the 1.3u cable, and have tried it with various laptops, and parallels on mac.

Last edited by Kieran Fercher; Jan 11, 2017 at 11:08 PM.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by Kieran Fercher
Hey Guys, (ECUFLASH WONT READ) yes i've read other questions..

My Evo 8 has been previously tuned by IS motor racing from the previous owner.

I have been trying to read the ROM however i continually get an error message saying check log for details.

The strange thing is i was able to read the ROM on my mac using the 1.38 software, however that's as far as i could go as it couldn't find the correct definition assuming i need a Tephra mod definition for a Evo 8 MR JDM. It just seems strange that i cant get that far with the current 1.42 software.

I'm using the 1.3u cable, and have tried it with various laptops, and parallels on mac.
I would suggest trying a windows version with the 1.3u cable. Non-parralels.

i had this issue earlier this year and it ended up to be the order in which I installed everything. To fix I had to uninstall everything and start installing them in a specific order. I do not remember that order....

if if all else fails buy the 2.0 cable from tactrix... it fixed all my issues
The following users liked this post:
Kieran Fercher (Jan 13, 2017)
Old Jan 13, 2017, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by MrCollyns

i had this issue earlier this year and it ended up to be the order in which I installed everything. To fix I had to uninstall everything and start installing them in a specific order. I do not remember that order....

I might have to get a new cable if thats the case. I have tried reinstalling the current software on PC several times with various verisons and it hasnt worked yet besides the 1.38, even with the EVOscan read / write. Im certain i need the tephra directory file but ill work that out when I can get it to read. Thanks mate, I'm sure ill be posting again soon
Old Jan 21, 2017, 09:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Information overload, you guys are friggin geniuses doing all this stuff
Old Feb 7, 2017, 07:06 AM

Hi, I got the same issue as you. No problems with 2.0 cable from tactrix but a brand new 1.3U cable reads weird in evoscan. My readings are all over the place and do not make sense. Did you get your 1.3U cable issue resolved eventually?
Old Feb 8, 2017, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by meowdog
Hi, I got the same issue as you. No problems with 2.0 cable from tactrix but a brand new 1.3U cable reads weird in evoscan. My readings are all over the place and do not make sense. Did you get your 1.3U cable issue resolved eventually?
EvoScan and I have been communicating via their help desk. I'm going to swap out my cable and see if that works.

I think that since the 1.3U protocol is so old it's not working properly with faster USB Speeds, or on the flips side, there's a huge batch of bad cables that the MFR just let out.

Stay tuned.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 01:17 PM

will the innovate lc-2 wideband kit log in evoscan or do i need an lc-1??

also can somebody tell me if this rom is a tephra v5.10 or a v7?

http://imgur.com/a/uUb7k

Last edited by SH0F; Feb 23, 2017 at 10:59 AM.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 10:41 PM
Evolving Member

guys, does anyone know VE logging formula for Lancer 1.6 ? Mut request number 31.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 06:53 PM

so im pretty new to this but i think i have some basic things down

i have a usdm 2003 evo with a rom id of 94170008 and i understand using a different rom id for better tuning capabilities but im confused on how to get the ecuflash to read a different rom id

i have done tons of searching here and elsewhere and it hasnt answered any of my questions
Old Mar 5, 2017, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by kstrizzom
so im pretty new to this but i think i have some basic things down

i have a usdm 2003 evo with a rom id of 94170008 and i understand using a different rom id for better tuning capabilities but im confused on how to get the ecuflash to read a different rom id

i have done tons of searching here and elsewhere and it hasnt answered any of my questions
You have to find he right xml file. Put that in with the rest of the xml files in ECU flash and read the rom again. If correct, you'll have many more options available.good luck.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 06:50 AM

You have to find he right xml file. Put that in with the rest of the xml files in ECU flash and read the rom again. If correct, you'll have many more options available.good luck.
So i used the 94170715 rom from tephra. i copied it to the end of my 94170008 and deleted the beginning part
<rom>
<romid>
<xmlid>94170715</xmlid>
<internalidaddress>f52</internalidaddress>
<internalidhex>94170715</internalidhex>
<make>Mitsubishi</make>
<market>TDM</market>
<model>Lancer</model>
<submodel>Evolution VIII</submodel>
<transmission>6MT</transmission>
<year>2005</year>
<flashmethod>mitsukernel</flashmethod>
<memmodel>SH7052</memmodel>

i dont know if thats the right way to do it but i opened it up in ecuflash and it didnt give me an error by some of the values are kinda messed up
i read that i have to switch my maps over but i dont know how to do that, i understand how to switch the timing and fuel but nothing else

thanks again in advanced all this researching is getting kind frustrating not finding what i need
Old Mar 5, 2017, 10:33 AM

Hey guys,

I recently bought a Tactrix 2.0 cable, and am trying to first off simply download my ECU rom from an Evo 8 MR, but EcuFlash doesn't seem to connect (mac) and shows the "No vehicle interface" message.

Does anyone have any tips/ guidance on how to start doing this? Everyone seems to say it's as simple as connecting the cable and then going to ECUFlash, but failing that hurdle, am a bit lost...

Thanks!
Old Mar 20, 2017, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hello friends, just seeing if any of you have had this issue and if so how did you remedy it?

background on this:
car is hitting the traps at about 8300 rpms and running 10.30's at about 140mph
in every log i have the rpm maxes out at 7968.75 and just stays there. it makes it really difficult to adjust the top end of the timing and fuel maps.
i did submit a support ticket to hamish. I was just hoping to get an answer quick, thought maybe it was a dumb issue I just wasn't seeing.

out the box the settings for rpm request id 21 the scaling is .01 and the min/max chart is 0 and 8 respectively and 0 and 80 for gauge.

I tried to adjust it to 0 and 11 and 0 and 110 respectively thinking that should give me 3000 rpm more resolution to see but I guess I was wrong. I guess i am stumped on this. I am sure it is something really dumb and easy to fix just cant see it

If you take formula and solve for x 7968.75=255 so I assume the request is we are logging is a
0-255. I tried using 2 byte rpm mut request but that doesn't work.
Any body have any insight into this?

Quick Reply: ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions