Notices
ECU Flash

ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2007, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MJ, do you have any ideas why DataLogLab is no longer reading my wideband values that are present in my Evoscan logs?
Old Mar 14, 2007, 04:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't touched any of this for a while now and I was pretty "fresh" as it was....which field in mitsulogger is the load field?
Old Mar 14, 2007, 04:58 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
one of the last ones called Load

if you scroll down the items, there's actually an ECULoad also, but that tops at 160 or so, which is only about 15psi roughly, so you need to use the calculated load which almost always is the last column/item in the list.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok dudes I need some help. I am planning on a Jestr flash to hold me over untill I get to Ivey but I am seriously dumb to this! I have a Tactrix cable and downloaded Ecuflash and have no clue how to use it. I read many how-to's but havent installed my mods yet. I am very cautious when it comes to this! I'm very mechanically inclined "Just can't use a computer to save my ***" Is this foolproof? Just Please give me a quick easy rundown with no acronyms. I appreciate it!

Also, will anyone make me a USB cable to log with an AEM UEGO with Evoscan, I will pay you to do it! Pm me price and details

Last edited by Redline-Z; Mar 14, 2007 at 06:13 PM.
Old Mar 16, 2007, 02:27 PM
Evolving Member

Another question:

If I want to use the ZT2 function in Mitsulogger, do I have to connect my ZT2 serial cable to the laptop as well as the tactrix cable or can it all be read through the tactrix cable alone?

Thanks,

Tony
Old Mar 16, 2007, 03:21 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tcarretti
Another question:

If I want to use the ZT2 function in Mitsulogger, do I have to connect my ZT2 serial cable to the laptop as well as the tactrix cable or can it all be read through the tactrix cable alone?

Thanks,

Tony
Think about it... There is no way for the OBD port to obtain any info from Zeitronix.

Yes, you need the serial cable as it is where all the info comes from.
Old Mar 16, 2007, 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

OK,

I got it figured out. I connected the serial cable and the tactrix cable with the computer powered down. Powered up the computer and then started the car. Checked the Zeitronix software to make sure which com port the zt2 was on. Turned the ZT2 software off and turned on Mitsulogger. Selected the ZT2 from the drop down and chose the correct com port. Started logging.......

Looked like a whole bunch of crap was going on the the wideband window.....

Stopped logging....

Still a bunch of crap going on in the wideband window......

Exited the program and opened Excel. Found the log file and low and behold!....

AFR's and Boost readings in my log..... yay!!

(that's for any other idiots out there like me who were unsure of how to use the two things together. Wish I could have gotten it explained to me like that..... )

Tony
Old Mar 16, 2007, 04:52 PM
EvoM Guru

Yeah thats a debug window, its hard to write code when you can't see whats going on. If it confuses you guys I'll hide it in future versions.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

ok, so I have the csv files that I logged finally and have the dll program, but I am not sure of the settings. I picked the utec csv values, and left everything else alone.
what should I have the dll set to so I can view knock/af/tps/rpm?
thanks
Old Mar 27, 2007, 08:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bah

Last edited by coffeeslug; Mar 28, 2007 at 06:48 AM.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 11:15 AM

Increased logging rates

I noticed the default baud rate is 15625 in mitsulogger. What are the ways we can increase datalogging rate, besides not logging values we don't want?

I've read that evoscan can log at a higher rate speed, but how does it do that?
Old Mar 27, 2007, 11:40 AM
EvoM Guru

You have to modify the baud rate in the Rom, then match the rate in Mitsulogger and it'll log alot faster. There's a post about it here and on Aktivematrix for a baud rate mod (and a simple definition update for ECUFlash to make it easier to do)
Old Mar 27, 2007, 05:11 PM
Evolving Member

Newbie question regarding EcuFlash:

A while back I got a custom tune done by a tuner. I didn't have a tactrix cable at the time, but the tuner saved my stock map and the tuned maps for me so I would have them later. I got the cable yesterday and tried using EcuFlash to look at them and tried downloading from my ecu just to compare it with the stock map. I was unable to view the tuned map or the one from the ecu, but I could view my stock map. I saw that my stock map had the Int ID 88590015 on it, so I opened the tuned map by inheriting the same ID from the drop-down box in EcuFlash. It opens now and I can see all the tables, but the Int ID is still different from the stock map.

Is this what I was supposed to do? Can I load the maps to the ecu like this? I've been reading about this a lot, but I just want to make sure I'm getting started the right way.

Thanks.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 06:54 PM
EvoM Guru

For your individual tune, you knew the proper definition to inherit for your obfuscated rom, so it works fine, and you'll be fine continuing to use it that way.

Normally if I am presented with a rom like that, I'd take the original Internal ID from the original rom, and put it in the unknown rom so it would always have the proper ID. But you didn't do anything wrong, and since you have the proper definition you won't have any trouble.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 08:07 PM
Evolving Member

I would like to do it like you said to keep everything proper, but I don't know how other than to copy/paste all the tables to the stock file and save it. Is there an easier way?

Thanks for your help too! You share a lot of useful info here and we all appreciate it... just wish I could understand it all

Quick Reply: ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions