Notices
ECU Flash

ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2007, 05:38 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I posted a link somewhere to a graphic that shows you how to add the data item to ECUFLash's evo7base.xml or evo9base.xml so you can just update an ECU's internal ID, save it, then the next time you open it, it will have the right ID.

I did this because I have worked on peoples cars fairly frequently that had been tuned and had obfuscated rom ID's. So I'd download the rom, it would be unrecognized, and I'd inherit the evo7base parameters.. From there everything would be greyed out except for things like Immobilizer code, Init Code, and the new ECU Internal ID item I created. Now I can alter the internal ID back to the right one. The reason I do this is because I don't want dozens of new XML definitions floating around that I can't identify easily, so they are just small placeholders.

I know it sounds a bit complicated, and for a new user it can be. But its essentially what you did already. Only I altered the ECU Internal ID, the next time I opened it, it opened with the proper rom definition file.

Ahh.. Found it..

Hopefully this doesnt confuse you, but if you add this item to your evo7base.xml or evo9base.xml the next time you open it, it will have this item. Then you can easily change the ECU Internal ID whenever needed, in your case you'd be setting it back to the same number as you stock rom. Then just verify all of the tables and axis data is correct.

Also, set your options for USER LEVEL to developer so you can see some of the tables that are not shown to beginner level users.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 09:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MJ

I used your new Mitsulogger (v1.6) last night and have a question regarding the new knock metrics that are available.

What are their definations, and what range of values are acceptable for each metirc?

Knock Sum = Same as before, no problems
Knock =
Knock ADC =
Knock Base =
Knock Var =
Knock Chg =
Knock Dynamics =
Knock Flag =

I tried to figure it out by looking at the logged data, but nothing jumps out at me, and I searched EVOM and got nada.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That information was given by Bez on the AktiveMatrix forums.

Eric
Old Mar 28, 2007, 09:40 AM
EvoM Guru

The data is really not useful for regular logging/tuning.. Knock Sum and Octane Number are the ones you would watch.

This data is for allowing us to look at how the knock data is interpreted. HOPEFULLY it will allow us to make revisions to the knock filters for things like 2.3 engines or others that have been picking up knock without it being tune or performance related. (noise and whatnot)

This data should be disabled by default so it doesn't log unnecessary items and slow things down. I was testing this recently and forgot to set it back.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the help MJ. It worked perfectly and now the files open without any prompts and I can see all the tables. I did a "practice flash" changing my stationary rev limit and everything worked fine.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Hey malibu I know you said this about the ecuload in another thread "ECULoad will only read to 160 or so.. Its a limitation in the output of the ECU." Have you had a chance to look at the new evoscan? I didn't see a load display at all. The only displays that i see are loadmax 200 and load MUT
Old Mar 28, 2007, 09:56 AM
EvoM Guru

Their termed differently in evoscan than they are in Mitsulogger....

Most of the time I refer to things in my own software, and try to relate them as best I can to Evoscan if there is an equivalent and I know what it is.

LoadMUT is probably the same as ECULoad (1C Mut request)

and LoadMax might be the two-byte request he had been referring to.

Not sure what he calls his calculated load items, as I can only speak from my own software and older versions of Evoscan that I used prior to using Mitsulogger exclusively.
Old Mar 30, 2007, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

Anyone still have problems with the zt2 dropping boost counts here and there? EGT,AFR and my user input are working perfect!
Old Mar 30, 2007, 06:44 AM
EvoM Guru

I'll look over the code to see if theres a clear bug, are you sure your dropping the boost value, or is it shifting columns when one of the others is missing? Helps me debug it a little better. ZT2 logging is an external plugin that is coded seperately from mitsulogger, so its easy to forget to check the code or point the app to the plugin in the new location on a build.
Old Mar 30, 2007, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

It's not shifting as far as I can see. I can provide the log if that would help. It's going like 15.8, 23.4, -0.4, 25.5 etc..

I also need to look into making the baud rate faster or something... from 4000-5750 I have around 6 rows of data. I'm behind on reading and I'm sure I'm logging way more stuff than I actually need so this isn't really a big issue as of yet.

Edit: Attached part of this log.. only part I was boosting.. I dont see any problems when just putting around or idle.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
temp.zip (2.9 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by justchil; Mar 30, 2007 at 08:18 AM.
Old Mar 30, 2007, 07:32 PM
EvoM Guru

You didn't include the header, I can't tell what is what.. Your definitely logging way more stuff than you need.. but I get quite a bit more data than that when I'm logging with almost everything enabled.

Last edited by MalibuJack; Mar 30, 2007 at 07:36 PM.
Old Mar 30, 2007, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Much faster with half the stuff disabled I got a couple new logs tonight.. I'll post them up as soon as I can get motivated. My tune is a little out of wack but I'm waiting for a turbo upgrade so no point in tweaking it just yet.
Old Mar 30, 2007, 08:13 PM

can i use a flashdrive to take evoscan from my PC to my laptop?
Old Apr 17, 2007, 05:11 PM
Evolving Member

help?

I'm having trouble getting Evoscan set up on my laptop running windows ME...basically whats happening is I'm trying to install the framework download and its telling me I'm missing Windows Installer components and fails to update them also I'm assuming it has something to do w/ windows me but don't know... any help would be appreciated as I have a little computer technicalities
Old Apr 17, 2007, 05:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jer.k
I'm having trouble getting Evoscan set up on my laptop running windows ME...basically whats happening is I'm trying to install the framework download and its telling me I'm missing Windows Installer components and fails to update them also I'm assuming it has something to do w/ windows me but don't know... any help would be appreciated as I have a little computer technicalities
I think the problem here is Windows ME.

I would download the Windows Installer update for 9x/ME from here...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

... then try and install the .NET framework and see if that fixes it.

Quick Reply: ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions