Notices
ECU Flash

ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions

Old Jun 26, 2010, 01:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a 2010 Ralliart and cant pull my rom or log it. I have ECU Flash 1.40 and Evo Scan 2.6

I had to use a friends PC to load my base tune "which mode 23 is enabled on BTW" in to even get it in the car... He has a X and isnt sure how exactly he got his to work as it has been awhile. He said its possibly something in the XML file. Once we put my tune in the car we tried to bring up my rom and log it using my PC and ECU Flash and EVO Scan and it would log but the numbers weren't correct... as in it was reading 108 degrees of timing advance.. -40 coolant temp etc... I need help here guys.....

Oh how i wish i just had an AEM for this car lol.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 11:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

i have an issuse with ecuflash tried 1.42 and 1.43 cant find any others, also running ecu cracker with it and tried without, wire is op2.0 rev E

tried developer mode and tired recovery mode. no luck

car is a 06 evo9

computer is running windows 7 64bit

what i get in the log is

[01:09:10.101] Device Firmware Version: 1.10.3020
[01:09:12.849] sending init sequence 1 (0001)
[01:09:16.109] sending init sequence 1 (0003)
[01:09:19.369] sending init sequence 1 (FFFF)
[01:09:22.630] sending init sequence 1 (F0F0)
[01:09:25.375] no response to any known code
[01:09:25.375] interface close

please any help will be greatful

It did work on my 04 wrx with out an issue. Does ecu cracker work with the 2.0 cable

Last edited by p19124; Jul 10, 2010 at 02:15 AM. Reason: forgot to add what it did work on
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:46 AM
And
Evolving Member

I'm using EvoScan 2.70070 and trying to log my and bleed my AYC when logging it connects to the ECU but all the values only are maxed out. Also when trying to bleed it, it connects to the ECU but says waiting for actuator. I've tried an OP2 and OP1.3u cable, I was going to make sure pin 9 isn't connected to anything, but does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks
Andy
Old Jul 23, 2010, 03:08 PM

hi everyone i have a 2006 evo 9 edm . i bought the tactrix open port cable and read the stock rom perfectly . i now bought the evoscan 2.7 and when i conect it i doesn`t appear evo 9 to select it says evo x . is that the problem i have for not reading any value??? i started logigng said link engaged and continues saying linkk engaged.. whats the problem??? thanks
Old Jul 23, 2010, 11:31 PM
And
Evolving Member

the 2.7 defaults to a x when using the op2 cable jjust select the mut option and then the efi ecu and you should be go to go.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 12:10 AM
And
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by And
I'm using EvoScan 2.70070 and trying to log my and bleed my AYC when logging it connects to the ECU but all the values only are maxed out. Also when trying to bleed it, it connects to the ECU but says waiting for actuator. I've tried an OP2 and OP1.3u cable, I was going to make sure pin 9 isn't connected to anything, but does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks
Andy
bump for me?
Old Jul 27, 2010, 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Help with Idle

My idle keeps dipping super low and sometimes stalling the car when the AC is on. I have 269 cams in the car and tune is running fine but just had the AC on and noticed this.

When I open ECUflash what values do I have to change to raise the idle just for when the AC is on. Sorry for the noobish question. I was in there last night and don't want to mess anything up. Thanks
Old Jul 27, 2010, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
you base idle control is actually defined using the 3D Idle Stepper map.

But, my first suggestion would be to make sure your BISS adjustment is set correctly. That is the mechanical TB adjustment and is the first step in diagnosing idle issues.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TouringBubble
you base idle control is actually defined using the 3D Idle Stepper map.

But, my first suggestion would be to make sure your BISS adjustment is set correctly. That is the mechanical TB adjustment and is the first step in diagnosing idle issues.

I think my BISS Screw is Ok. Before I had the car tuned I didn't have this issue. Same Mods. Only mods since the tune were the MBC and Tune.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Still worth checking out. It takes like 2 min to check it if the car is warm.

If it's fine, you can adjust the idle stepper values and the desired idle RPM to get it where you want it. you should only need to mess with maybe the top 4 or 5 cells in the right most column of the map. A little goes a long way.

Another thought is maybe your fuel trims are off. When you were tuned, the trims reset and haven't caught back up yet. This could be an injector setup issue or an exhaust leak ... just thinking out loud.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

Still worth checking out. It takes like 2 min to check it if the car is warm.

If it's fine, you can adjust the idle stepper values and the desired idle RPM to get it where you want it. you should only need to mess with maybe the top 4 or 5 cells in the right most column of the map. A little goes a long way.

Another thought is maybe your fuel trims are off. When you were tuned, the trims reset and haven't caught back up yet. This could be an injector setup issue or an exhaust leak ... just thinking out loud.
Great info. Ok with the BISS Screw... Just turn it till the idle comes up? With the AC on the car idles fine... Its when I shift it will dip down and sometimes stall out or when i put in N it will again dip down alot..... Sorry this is just new territory for me.

I am pretty sure he messed with the Fuel Trims. I will check for an exhaust leak but new gasket from the downpipe to cat back.

My injectors are Stock... Looking to upgrade them.. I seem to be boosting fine and vac looks ok so not sure if its a boost leak..
Old Jul 27, 2010, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

To set the BISS ...

Let the car come up to temp.
Load EvoScan and connect your cable to the vehicle
On the right side of the EvoScan interface, there is a button for "Actuators"
Start the "Speed adjustment" actuator ... I can't remember the actual name, but it's at the bottom of the list.
This locks the idle stepper in place. The idle will change.
Adjust the BISS to get the idle RPM between 750 and 850 rpm. With cams, err to the high side.
Stop the actuator and see how it acts.

As far as the fuel trims ... you don't really "change" them with the tune. It's an ECU learning function. you can make changes to the tune which effect the trims, but you cannot "tune" the trims directly. The only changes he could have made to effect the trims would be fuel or MAF related, and should only have been in response to the trims being off in the first place, which would have been related to an intake setup change or an exhaust leak (most likely).
Old Jul 27, 2010, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

To set the BISS ...

Let the car come up to temp.
Load EvoScan and connect your cable to the vehicle
On the right side of the EvoScan interface, there is a button for "Actuators"
Start the "Speed adjustment" actuator ... I can't remember the actual name, but it's at the bottom of the list.
This locks the idle stepper in place. The idle will change.
Adjust the BISS to get the idle RPM between 750 and 850 rpm. With cams, err to the high side.
Stop the actuator and see how it acts.

As far as the fuel trims ... you don't really "change" them with the tune. It's an ECU learning function. you can make changes to the tune which effect the trims, but you cannot "tune" the trims directly. The only changes he could have made to effect the trims would be fuel or MAF related, and should only have been in response to the trims being off in the first place, which would have been related to an intake setup change or an exhaust leak (most likely).
Thanks Touring Bubble. this is a huge help.. i will do this tonight and see if it helps. If there is any logs I can pull let me know maybe that will help with the issue.. Really appreciate the time..
Old Jul 27, 2010, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

NP. Happy to help. Good luck with the fix.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 08:30 AM
Evolving Member

Ok Newbie here.
How do i swith map using laptop with ECUFLASH.
i have the E85 Map but not sure how to flash in to the car.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions