Notices
ECU Flash

Looking for more maps, 80700010 Def

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2008, 10:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For 90550001:

<table name="Ignition Trim vs Engine Temp" category="Timing" address="4008" type="2D" level="2" scaling="Enrich">
<table name="Engine Temp" address="50e8" type="X Axis" elements="8" scaling="Temp"/>
</table>

<table name="Ignition Trim vs Air Temp" category="Timing" address="4016" type="2D" level="2" scaling="Enrich">
<table name="Air Temp" address="50e8" type="X Axis" elements="8" scaling="Temp"/>
</table>

<table name="Ignition Trim vs Unknown" category="Timing" address="4024" type="2D" level="2" scaling="Enrich">
<table name="Unknown" address="4f50" type="X Axis" elements="5" scaling="Temp"/>
</table>

<table name="Ignition Trim vs Air Temp Above Load" category="Timing" address="4030" type="2D" level="2" scaling="Load8">
<table name="Engine Speed" address="4d76" type="X Axis" elements="10" scaling="RPM"/>
</table>

<table name="Warmup Ignition Retard Control" category="Timing" address="4040" type="2D" level="2" scaling="uint8">
<table name="Engine Temp" address="5160" type="X Axis" elements="8" scaling="Temp"/>
</table>
Old Aug 22, 2008, 10:58 PM
Evolved Member

Not sure about the temp scale for the Ignition Trims. Could not find them in the disassembly so I guessed them. Test and report back.
Old Aug 23, 2008, 03:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lovely stuff mate, cheers.

My car doesn't work off the PWM control, as the ecu is fitted into an Evo 6.

But there is a difference between the 98640014 and 90550001 tables.
Old Aug 23, 2008, 04:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mattjin
OK, now we have a big discovery! I figured out one of the important knock control maps!!!

What I have found is a 2D map that is a direct link to knock sensor voltage and its effect on the Octane level. I was always under the impression that knock sum is what triggers off the Octane change, but it is the actual peak voltage that does it. I did some testing today on my false-knock-prone car and it virtually solved the knock issue. There are two 3D maps tht go with it, one controlling the reduction and one the addition of octane number.
Care to share these maps?
Old Aug 23, 2008, 04:39 AM
Evolving Member

Hi there Mattjin. Could you post your lastest def file, including the ones you have found but dont have scalings/names etc.

I have done extensive def for my 2005 Airtrek Turbo. Its a later rom than yours but is almost the same.
I will add to yours and steal from your work and post up to date roms for the two GTA rom defs and 5 Airtrek rom defs.

I had known about the different gear maps for timing/ignition/boost for some time and have found all the auto maps. Ive just been so busy doing alot of work on the car, I hadnt got around to continuing the dissassembly work.

Thanks

Aaron
Old Aug 23, 2008, 05:05 AM
Evolving Member

2005 Airtrek Turbo pinouts (still in progress but these are what ive physically checked)

GTA- very limited

My car is in peices at the moment, with the gearbox out for uprating so it can handle 500whp plus.

I will do some more tracing of wires over the next week. There should be the wiring for the intercooler sprayer in the loom, even though this car doesnt have one. It has the sprayer controls in the ecu and no missing cables at the ecu end, so hopefully it there
I do know that the Evo 9 GTA wagon has the sprayer and Im using that ROM image in my ecu at the moment.

Once we have found alot of these maps, its easy to find them on the other Roms- just a matter of working through them.

Last edited by monsta; Aug 23, 2008 at 05:07 AM.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 01:26 AM
Evolved Member

My definition file at the moment is a complete mess! There are somewhere around 260 total maps I have in the definition, with around 90 or so left that I have to figure out. When I am getting closer to sorting it out I will post a better def. So far I am posting only the maps I know are working and can be found in other defs too. All of my maps have a labelling code so I know what maps have been tested for certain conditions and it would take me hours to put it back to a public readable state. Wont be long... I think before the end of the year we will complete the mapping of the 7GTA.

How about posting your def, at least someof the trans maps? I am most interested in the control of the TC Lockup. Give up some of these and I will post the knock map ;-)
Old Aug 24, 2008, 04:18 AM

Hi Monsta

Aaron,

How are you? Glad to hear from you again. Uprating your gear box 500HP! The problem with Airtrek is that the ori gearbox break easily. There are many cases. Most ending finding pieces of metal stucked to the magnetic drain plug during ATF oil change. The pieces are from the internal bearings that cracked probably due to overloading and in some instance the thin metal plate ring broke.

Anyway, I have tested the fuel/ignition maps for n123 and 345 and it works! I felt a big difference the torque is more evenly distributed, smoother drive now. As for the new findings by Captain Cook here I cannot get a correct read most probably due to my 1.29a scaling data that is different from 1.34 whereby the base EVO7base map has changes to the endian. Unsure whether is the reason. Anyone using the 1.29a has the same issues?

I will reinstall 1.34 again and see the difference. Meanwhile here's the map for Airtrek. Please help take a look.

Thanks,

Alain / FQ-Airtrek
Attached Files
File Type: zip
89970010.zip (1.9 KB, 11 views)
Old Aug 24, 2008, 05:54 AM

I installed 1.34 in my drive D: scaling still doesnt display correctly for the Ignition Trim vs Engine Temp. In fact all the fuel, timing maps, speedcut scaling mess up. Strange. I also compare with my 1.29a in my C:, looks like 1.29a is more stable.

I also double chked the evo7base map with the new endian settings. Doesnt help.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hotsync
Aaron,

How are you? Glad to hear from you again. Uprating your gear box 500HP! The problem with Airtrek is that the ori gearbox break easily. There are many cases. Most ending finding pieces of metal stucked to the magnetic drain plug during ATF oil change. The pieces are from the internal bearings that cracked probably due to overloading and in some instance the thin metal plate ring broke.

Anyway, I have tested the fuel/ignition maps for n123 and 345 and it works! I felt a big difference the torque is more evenly distributed, smoother drive now. As for the new findings by Captain Cook here I cannot get a correct read most probably due to my 1.29a scaling data that is different from 1.34 whereby the base EVO7base map has changes to the endian. Unsure whether is the reason. Anyone using the 1.29a has the same issues?

I will reinstall 1.34 again and see the difference. Meanwhile here's the map for Airtrek. Please help take a look.

Thanks,

Alain / FQ-Airtrek
Hi again Alain,

My gearbox guy says the internal hard parts are pretty strong. The torque converter is very weak, so thats getting uprated and the bands are weak and they are getting done too.
The clutch friction and plates were still fine in mine, but are getting changed too.

After 3 yrs at more than 300whp and the last year at 400+whp the only thing that was bad in my gearbox was the band controlling 3rd gear, otherwise everything was very good.

Ill have at look at your map and send you though a def which is compatible with 1.34.

Aaron
Old Aug 24, 2008, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

For 89970010:

<table name="Ignition Trim vs Engine Temp" category="Timing" address="4448" type="2D" level="2" scaling="Enrich">
<table name="Engine Temp" address="6026" type="X Axis" elements="8" scaling="Temp"/>
</table>

<table name="Ignition Trim vs Air Temp" category="Timing" address="4456" type="2D" level="2" scaling="Enrich">
<table name="Air Temp" address="607c" type="X Axis" elements="7" scaling="Temp"/>
</table>

<table name="Ignition Trim Unknown" category="Timing" address="4464" type="2D" level="2" scaling="Enrich">
<table name="X" address="5e12" type="X Axis" elements="5" scaling="Temp"/>
</table>

<table name="Ignition Trim vs Air Temp Above Load" category="Timing" address="4470" type="2D" level="2" scaling="Load8">
<table name="Engine Speed" address="5c68" type="X Axis" elements="10" scaling="RPM"/>
</table>

<table name="Thermo Fan Duty" category="Misc" address="4a18" type="3D" level="2" swapxy="true" scaling="Percent (128)">
<table name="Conditions" type="Static X Axis" elements="9">
<data>On1</data>
<data>On2</data>
<data>On3</data>
<data>Off1</data>
<data>Off2</data>
<data>Off3</data>
<data>A/C1</data>
<data>A/C2</data>
<data>A/C3</data>
</table>
<table name="Engine Temp" address="6040" type="Y Axis" elements="12" scaling="Temp"/>
</table>
Old Aug 24, 2008, 05:47 PM

Mattjin, thanks your latest def fixed the scaling and data. Cheers!!
Old Aug 28, 2008, 01:09 AM
Evolved Member

Some updates.

Knock Filter 2 should be renamed. 100% it is an EGR Duty map. Without being able to log the duty output it was difficult to find this. Knock Filter 3 also seems to be the main EGR Duty map, and from what I have figured out, the first one is again for N,1,2 gears, and the second map is for 3,4,5.

I may have accidently found that 2D knock map that controls Octane may do something else. In the disassembly it shows it as linked to the EGR maps, but in testing today it does control Octane. Changing the map definitely has an effect on sensitivity to Octane changes. Maybe the EGR system is influencing the knock signals, but at the moment I dont care because adjusting the map fixes my false knock problem. :-)

Today I may have also got some headway with the knock control. I am only 50-50 on it at the moment but at least one of the knock filter maps seems to be exactly what it says. Raising and lowering the map I managed to make the car log a 32 knock sum on one run, then make a change and have it read 1 or 2.
Old Aug 28, 2008, 04:20 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I've been following this closely as I would like to see (as these maps are verified) these new and updated maps get into the new release of ECUFlash so members aren't hunting for new info to add.

I know someone has been making an effort to keep definitions updated and consistent between definitions.
Old Aug 28, 2008, 04:48 AM
Evolved Member

The trouble with the 80700010 is getting people who know enough about tuning to triple check the maps. I have been a professional tuner for almost 20 years so I am confident in what I am finding and only post if I am sure it is 99% correct or better. But yes, it would be good to get the correct map information out to everyone.

If I had the time dedicated just to the map searching I would make documentary logs of each map change to show the evidence. Trouble is, most is done on spare time between home and the shop, with alot of logging visually checked and then discarded once I know it works. Originally I was going to do the stuck-up thing and keep the maps to myself like most tuners do, but then decided that alot of people dont know what to do with all of the maps anyway so there is no loss. :-)

Also, I noted that once I find a map in my own definition, it only takes 2 mins or so to find the same map in any other rom. Only thing is that there are alot of roms and as such alot of 2 mins that add up. If someone can pass on to me the current map collective I am sure I can add to it. At the current rate, I really think that by years end I should have almost all of my rom decoded.

Quick Reply: Looking for more maps, 80700010 Def