Notices
ECU Flash

Looking for more maps, 80700010 Def

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2008, 11:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Definition for 80700010 including new working and tested maps. You need to be at User level Intermediate or above to view the new maps.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
80700010 Map Update.zip (3.5 KB, 36 views)
Old Jun 18, 2008, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

Next on the list is to find the ignition retard map during warmup. This is done to get the cat convertor up to temperature quicker, and it appears to disable around 80C coolant temps. The ECU takes around 10 to 15 deg out of the main maps and makes the vehicle sluggish until it is at operating temp. I am dedicated to find this map and looking now.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 08:48 PM
Evolving Member

thanks for all the info.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 02:18 AM
Evolved Member

Another table. This is the MUT table that is in all of the other definitions. The address was different from others, but still found the correct one. Copy and paste into your XML.

<table name="MUT Table" category="Misc" address="32004" type="3D" level="1" scaling="Hex16">
<table name="X" type="Static X Axis" elements="32">
<data>-</data>
<data>0</data>
<data>-</data>
<data>1</data>
<data>-</data>
<data>2</data>
<data>-</data>
<data>3</data>
<data>-</data>
<data>4</data>
<data>-</data>
<data>5</data>
<data>-</data>
<data>6</data>
<data>-</data>
<data>7</data>
<data>-</data>
<data>8</data>
<data>-</data>
<data>9</data>
<data>-</data>
<data>A</data>
<data>-</data>
<data>B</data>
<data>-</data>
<data>C</data>
<data>-</data>
<data>D</data>
<data>-</data>
<data>E</data>
<data>-</data>
<data>F</data>
</table>
<table name="Y" type="Static Y Axis" elements="30">
<data>MUT0x</data>
<data>MUT1x</data>
<data>MUT2x</data>
<data>MUT3x</data>
<data>MUT4x</data>
<data>MUT5x</data>
<data>MUT6x</data>
<data>MUT7x</data>
<data>MUT8x</data>
<data>MUT9x</data>
<data>MUTAx</data>
<data>MUTBx</data>
<data>MUTCx</data>
<data>MUTDx</data>
<data>MUTEx</data>
<data>MUTFx</data>
<data>MUT10x</data>
<data>MUT11x</data>
<data>MUT12x</data>
<data>MUT13x</data>
<data>MUT14x</data>
<data>MUT15x</data>
<data>MUT16x</data>
<data>MUT17x</data>
<data>MUT18x</data>
<data>MUT19x</data>
<data>MUT1Ax</data>
<data>MUT1Bx</data>
<data>MUT1Cx</data>
<data>MUT1Dx</data>
</table>
</table>
Old Jun 21, 2008, 06:37 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
As I posted b4 mut table is 0x3212c, not sure where you got 0x32004 from
Old Jun 21, 2008, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Tephra,

I lined up 0x32004 to give the same values on-screen as the definition I have for 88580015 which has the MUT table listed at 0x373c8. Maybe that def is old and incorrect?

Because I am a tuner and not a hex-nerd, what I have been doing is to see what others have found for maps, then try to search within EcuFlash to find the same maps. Basic, but effective and there is some sanity mixed with this madness. I just create a load vs rpm map with 30x30 elements and then do big jumps through the addresses. Each pass through with a different scaling (Timing, AFR, etc..) When I see what looks like a map, I target in on the address and table dimensions that make it look like a real map. Alot easier than searching through a hex editor, and I dont know a damn thing about assembly code.

The MUT is something I stumbled on and didnt even realise you posted it! Doh!!
What the hell does it do anyway?
Old Jun 21, 2008, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Any chance you can find the cold start maps that mrfred's thread https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=347668 is talking about? I have been searching for a couple of hours and cant find anything matching it. Driving me nuts, and I know its in there somewhere.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 08:33 AM
EvoM Guru

those are just fuel addition maps for coldstart yeah?
Old Jun 21, 2008, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Yeap,

I have a minor post-start issue with the car running lean and stumbling for a few seconds after starting. Only happens when really cold.... now with winter coming in. It is a cranking enrichment problem, but could be related to post start enrichment. Any of the maps will be good to play with.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

There are a whole bunch of maps for certain that have not been uncovered.

Ignition Timing Idle Stability - If you watch the ignition timing at idle you can see the ECU varying the timing to help stabilise idle without having to rely so much on the stepper motor to do the work. It must work on an error above and below target to add or subtract engine torque.

Acceleration Timing - under conditions of acceleration i.e. anytime that would enable the accel enrich, some ignition timing is added or subtracted. From my work on my Evo, it appears to be mostly adding timing which is inline with how a low compression motor would be mapped. Would be good to find adjustment for this.

Ignition Timing Engine Temp - Previously mentioned this one. Areas of the map are retarded during warmup to aid with the heating of the cat convertor. Mostly for emissions in cold climates (re: Japan). It seems to be appliead below 3500rpm and the amount of retard varies on load as well from around 10 degrees down to 7-ish in different conditions.

Ignition Timing Air Temp - This is there for certain. Cold air temps add timing, hot air temps take it out. This showed up mostly when I was testing for the Low and High octane maps where each map was locked at a different fixed timing value so I could see which map was being applied. Intake temps down and it would add a degree, hot temps it would take one out.

TC Lockup Throttle - On the auto, the torque convertor is locked below a certain amount of throttle position. It is a fixed number that does not vary with RPM or Load. It is not a position voltage as moving the sensor and recalibrating does not change the actual position when it happens. Really need to find this one.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 08:46 PM
EvoM Guru

I think for coldstart the ECU just subtracts a preset value from the ign map - does your logging show this?

For the Ignition Timing Engine Temp we know the ECU uses a "air temp" corrected load when looking up the maps. This has been covered before a few times. Look for a thread on multiple load variables/values. I posted a graph/log of the 4 load variables ages ago...

You are right thou, its not as simple as picking numbers from the ign maps..
Old Jun 22, 2008, 11:46 PM
Evolved Member

Its not a preset value. It does seem to be mapped in some way, because as load increases the amount of retard trends lower to almost match the hot timing. Initially I thought it may have used the anti-lag tables as a retard map, but over the weekend I zeroed these maps with no effect whatsoever. Also at higher rpm it uses all of the normal timing map.

I found a ROM from a USDM Galant that has almost the exact map (albeit mislabelled) of what is happening here. Been spending too many hours trying to track everything down on my own ROM. I know its there somewhere. I will keep trying. :-)
Old Jun 23, 2008, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Mattjin's blog continues. There is probably only 4 people in the world interested in all this for the GT-A, but someone has to do it :-)

Does anyone know if there is a scaling for Throttle Position? Not the voltage, but the actual position usually in percentage?

Voltage would not normally be used because the ecu does a self calibration to acquire 0% throttle. Move the TPS and it re-calibrates. So internally it must use a scaling of some sort. The TC Lockup happens at a different voltage if the sensor is moved, and boost control should have a TP% correction map somewhere too. I have found a bunch of 2D maps that are not yet labelled and most of the current scalings look incorrect.

Anyway, continuing the research...
Old Jun 24, 2008, 02:31 AM
Evolved Member

Today uncovered the meaning of the boost control maps for this car.

The map labelled as #2 is actually for 1st and 2nd Gear. The map labelled as #3 is for 3rd,4th, and 5th Gear. Same goes for the Max Duty maps. I did not get the car to use the #1 maps, but I have a good idea that they are used for stationay conditions. When I feel like abusing the car a bit more I might try a hard launch with the changed values in Map #1. It is not a cold map and it is not a limp map, checked them both out already.

Back to work.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 02:34 AM
Evolved Member

Today also found another weird thing. There are two maps that use the same hex address. Obviously one of them is wrong.

Open Loop Load #1 and the Boost Limit. I believe it is the Boost Limit that is incorrect.

So if you have been having issues with the boost limit, this could be why it doesnt respond.

Quick Reply: Looking for more maps, 80700010 Def