Notices
ECU Flash

Looking for more maps, 80700010 Def

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2008, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Great to see so much discovery for this romid, I'm sure lots of GTA out there appreciate this. Now if you don't mind, 83540008 also similar to GTA. I'll PM you later and get some help
Old Jul 7, 2008, 03:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What car is 83540008 from ? 03 or 04 Airtrek? I should be able to help a bit, but honestly this stuff takes up alot of time.

Results from todays tests.

The maps listed as Boost Enhancement Adv/Ret actually do what they say. The stock map advances the timing and is hard switched at above 80C engine temp. It may actually turn on at the 81C which is the stock setting for the Anti-Lag System.

The road speed value had no effect. I tried setting it around 200km/h instead of 30km/h, and the map would still kick in even with the vehilce stationary. It seems the ECU uses an "AND/OR" for the switching conditions meaning any one of them meets the requirements it will run. Strange to do it that way. For now I have just zeroed out the ALS maps and the ecu follows exactly what the main maps use from cold to hot. When I get some more time I will play with the fuel maps I believe are the warmup enrichment, and I might see if the 81C setting has an affect on the ALS maps. I may be able to set this up as an ignition retard under hot engine conditions to help save the motor on a hot day. I would tend to believe there is a map for the already, but good to know if I can overide it if I cant find the map.

So finally, I found the solution for the crappy cold running and now have some control over it.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 03:12 AM
Evolved Member

I just did a quick count. I have a total of 29 more maps to decypher and that should be the end of this ECU. I know which category they all are, just need to find the correct axis and scales and test them all. Big big job!

There is still the auto gearbox control maps. That will be more difficult to find I think.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Just dug the hole a little deeper for myself. Found another 13 fuel maps this morning, and from the look of it there are no others left. Now stands at 22 unknown condition maps, just for fuel, to sort through!! Almost all are 2D so they should not be too difficult to adjust and see the effect. Just might take a few months :-(
Old Jul 12, 2008, 05:15 PM
Evolved Member

Found that one of the original definition addresses was wrong. Looks like a small typo.

Open Loop Throttle High Load is listed as being at 38b0, but should be 3ab0. Positioned in the code right after the Low Load map.

I have found most of the Lean Spool Maps for this def too. Will post when I finish compiling the list.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 02:11 AM
Evolved Member

Found a few more maps today. Post start idle increase and decay maps, along with what is proving to be the decel fuel cut resume rpm map. Also some of the accel enrich maps, but sorting out the scales still.

Work still continues.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 02:24 AM
Evolved Member

This afternoon discovered the idle control error maps. Two of them, but I am sure there are a couple of others to find.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

OK that's it, found the last of the maps. The only ones left will be 1D single adjustment points.

Found 46 maps over the weekend, some of which are new knock maps, some are ignition trims, but the rest I have no idea at this point. I have a feeling it is something to do with the auto trans control, but that is going to be very difficult to sort out without full disassembly. Some of the ignition trim maps will be highly sort after, especially vs air and water temps and usesful for race fuel.

This should finally end the search for new maps.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 08:17 PM

Debug Airtrek Map - Can u help?

Mattjin,

I have been reading all your amazing work on the GTA here. As you know, Airtrek Turbo also has similar setup like GTA minus the ACD/AYC and bigger turbo.

I have been using the following xml provided by one of the ecuflash forumer. I am wondering you have time to spare to review the .bin file and xml to find out whether there are similarities with the GTA maps.

Really appreciate your help. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: zip
89970010.zip (1.2 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by hotsync; Jul 24, 2008 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Missing Attachments
Old Jul 24, 2008, 09:01 PM

Airtrek Bin File

Its a .rar file, pls rename due to the file limit
Attached Files
File Type: zip
ATKTurbo.zip (96.1 KB, 9 views)
Old Jul 29, 2008, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry, I just saw your posts. I will take a look over the next day or so when I have some spare time.

Kuala Lumpur heh? I have a few friends there and have been through a number of times. I used to do some work in Brunei and would always have a stop-over in KL.

Also found a bunch of new maps. Found is an ignition 3D table that advances the timing when you are in gear. Only active at idle condition and it is there to smooth out the car when under the extra load at idle. I am also getting headway on the knock filters. Most of them were mis-scaled and with the correct scales the maps are starting to make sense. I will do some testing on them but it might take a while.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 05:45 PM

Mattjin,

Thks for your reply. You can also visit airtrekoutlanderclub to chk the Airtrek cars and mods.

Basically the Airtrek used a detuned GTA setup, gearbox same 5speed tiptronic, turbo smaller TD04, 240HP 343nm, TMIC, AWD no ayc acd and a SUV.

It would be great if you could decipher the Airtrek map. The ECU is different from GTA, this ECU came with a female white connector. We have mod the tatrix cable by pulling the pin and turn it into a needle in order to plug into the white connector.

The 89970010 xml is provided by monsta also from Australia. I have been using since but after reading your work I believe it would be helpful to have a correct map. The current xml can speedcut, boost cut, change fuel and ignition maps.

There are two fuel and ignition maps (High/Low). I would say that it probably 90% accurate. But anyway thanks for taking time to help out.

If you are in KL pls drop me an email alainlai@gmail.com I would be glad to meet up with you and have a cup of teh tarik.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 03:41 AM
Evolved Member

From the look of the map and definition, it would appear that this ECU acts the same as my GT-A does. If you read through my posts you will have noticed that alot of the twin maps were gear based. So I would say that your fuel and ignition maps 1 are for N,1,2 Gear and maps 2 are for 3,4,5 Gear. Your Low Octane Ignition Timing maps are also labelled backwards. 1 is 2 and vise versa so it would be wise to change their names to avoid confusion.

I found the warmup ignition retard maps, again there are two of them. I am just defining them now and I will post them up shortly.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 04:17 AM
Evolved Member

OK, you can try these out and see if they do what I think they do. No doubt you know how to add these lines?

scaling name="Enrich" units="deg" toexpr="x-128" frexpr="x+128" format="%.0f" min="-128" max="128" inc="1" storagetype="uint8" endian="big"/>

<table name="Ignition Warmup Timing Correction 1" category="Timing" address="4123" type="3D" level="2" swapxy="true" scaling="Enrich">
<table name="Load" address="5f22" type="X Axis" elements="19" scaling="Load"/>
<table name="Engine Speed" address="5eca" type="Y Axis" elements="18" scaling="RPM"/>
</table>

<table name="Ignition Warmup Timing Correction 2" category="Timing" address="4285" type="3D" level="2" swapxy="true" scaling="Enrich">
<table name="Load" address="5f22" type="X Axis" elements="19" scaling="Load"/>
<table name="Engine Speed" address="5eca" type="Y Axis" elements="18" scaling="RPM"/>
</table>

<table name="Ignition Trim Idle In Gear?" category="Timing" address="43e7" type="3D" level="2" swapxy="true" scaling="Timing">
<table name="Load" address="63e6" type="X Axis" elements="7" scaling="Load"/>
<table name="Engine Speed" address="63d0" type="Y Axis" elements="6" scaling="RPM"/>
</table>
Old Jul 30, 2008, 04:21 AM
Evolved Member

Being Malay maybe you will understand mandarin instead?

Wo geng xihuan zhen zhu nai cha ;-)

Quick Reply: Looking for more maps, 80700010 Def