Notices
ECU Flash

ECUFlash 1.35, EVOSCAN 2.X, and EVOSCAN Flashing Cable (universal) - Cannot connect

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2008, 03:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ECUFlash 1.35, EVOSCAN 2.X, and EVOSCAN Flashing Cable (universal) - Cannot connect

Versions:

ECUFlash 1.35
EVOScan v2.3

WinXP

Cable:
EvoScan HighSpeed Mitsubishi/Subaru USB Datalogging Cable (also known as OpenPort 1.3U or 1.3B Universal Cable) Datalogging and ECUFlash Reprogramming Cable.

This might help some people who purchased the EVOSCAN datalog/reflash cable (universal) and tried using it with ECUFlash v1.35 to read the ROM and have received the dreaded "unable to connect to vehicle interface" error. The problem was that I used the driver from EVOSCAN instead of ECUFLASH.

If you ran C:\Program Files\evoscan\EvoScan v2.3\USB Drivers\x86\DPInst.exe /i then you have the EVOSCAN driver installed. Uninstall it and make sure you use the driver from ECUFLASH instead.

If you already installed ECUFLASH, you can re-install the correct driver by running C:\Program Files\OpenECU\EcuFlash\drivers\x86\DPInst.exe. After rebooting, ECUFlash should work correctly and you'll be able to read your ROM.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 12:14 AM
Evolved Member

i installed 1.35 on thursday
I still cant get it to work,.
Evoscan doesnt even work now?
when i open up ecuflash it just says "no vehicle interface"
on the bottom right..
dont know whats going on...

Last edited by 2muchboost; Jul 7, 2008 at 12:20 AM.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 12:40 AM
Evolving Member

Do you have a tactrix, or evoscan cable?

Which driver did you install when you plugged in the cable? ECUFLASH or EVOSCAN?

If you installed the EVOSCAN driver, make sure you uninstall it. If you are using a driver from an older ECUFLASH, make sure you update it to the latest version. Basically uninstall the current driver, then run the one from C:\Program Files\OpenECU\drivers\x86\dpinst.exe
Old Jul 7, 2008, 01:28 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah Colby updated his FTDI driver in v1.35, I'm surprised that the driver has changed that much. I'll update Evoscan to use the same FTDI driver too so that this problem doesn't happen.

I personally run the evoscan driver with ecuflash v1.35 no problem. so I'm not sure really whats going on until I look into the .inf vids and pids to ensure nothing has changed there.

Also note when installing ecuflash v1.35 it will install the EcuFlash FTDI drivers automatically too which is all good, so most people problably wont have a problem.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by funks
Do you have a tactrix, or evoscan cable?

Which driver did you install when you plugged in the cable? ECUFLASH or EVOSCAN?

If you installed the EVOSCAN driver, make sure you uninstall it. If you are using a driver from an older ECUFLASH, make sure you update it to the latest version. Basically uninstall the current driver, then run the one from C:\Program Files\OpenECU\drivers\x86\dpinst.exe
I have the tactrix cable..
I tried updating to the latest version and still have the same problem.
i even installed ecu flash and evoscan on another laptop and still get the same
problem..
im sure its something simple but for now i just cant get it to work,,
Old Jul 7, 2008, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

I feel your pain. I had similar problem with older tactrix cable and Colby's ecuflash. My solution was to find and download the "proper" tactrix drivers located on Aktivematrix. To this end If i install any version of ecuflash later than 1.29 or 1.3 i need to install these specific FTDI drivers to make it all work I imagine like op said that running the FTDI driver install from 1.29 will probably do the trick. This is after uninstalling and rebooting from newer drivers

Good luck
Old Jul 7, 2008, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by oldevodude
I feel your pain. I had similar problem with older tactrix cable and Colby's ecuflash. My solution was to find and download the "proper" tactrix drivers located on Aktivematrix. To this end If i install any version of ecuflash later than 1.29 or 1.3 i need to install these specific FTDI drivers to make it all work I imagine like op said that running the FTDI driver install from 1.29 will probably do the trick. This is after uninstalling and rebooting from newer drivers

Good luck
Ill have to try this.
Do you know where i can find the drivers from 1.29?
thanks for the help!
Old Jul 7, 2008, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2muchboost
Ill have to try this.
Do you know where i can find the drivers from 1.29?
thanks for the help!
i think i found it on the openecu forums..
thanks!
Old Jul 7, 2008, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

well i think im going in the right direction. I got ecuflash to let me click on the "read rom" but when i click it the program freezes...
damnit!
Old Jul 7, 2008, 09:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by oldevodude

Good luck
You sure you have a GENUINE tactrix cable? I've read that anything above 1.29 requires genuine tactrix cables due to a security verification. The EVOSCAN cable has the same security code I guess, so it works as long as you use the driver that comes w/ ECUFLASH v1.35.

Check this thread - http://forums.openecu.org/viewtopic.php?p=18326#18326 - you might have a "FAKE" tactrix cable which you could probably fix by reflashing it with a tool from FTDI.

Last edited by funks; Jul 7, 2008 at 09:39 PM.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 12:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
all the cables are manufactured from the same company in china now, between evoscan ad tactrix cables. they are all genuine, you should download ecuflash and install it. and run v1.29 ecuflash, gauranteed to work on all cable configurations.