EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2010, 06:37 AM
wip
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SkyNight
- NO Fixes crashes when scrolling.
Scroll slowly, figure out what is going to be displayed next before it crashes.

Go into your XML and find the item that is causing the crash. You'll probably need to add the scaling

This is the only fix I've found so far...
Old Oct 31, 2010, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just a quick note on 2.2 GPS beta. out of the box if you like your current gauge display don't make the switch yet. The default becomes 2.2 which has a few limited gauges and you can not go back to your 2.1 gauges.(even if you use the 2.1 program)
I have not looked yet but your gauge from 2.1 could be tacked into 2.2
Old Oct 31, 2010, 09:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by nothere
just a quick note on 2.2 GPS beta. out of the box if you like your current gauge display don't make the switch yet. The default becomes 2.2 which has a few limited gauges and you can not go back to your 2.1 gauges.(even if you use the 2.1 program)
Another gotchya with the GPSNav unit and v2.2 beta:

I have my LC1 Wideband connected to my rear O2 sensor pin (E8 mod). I've been using my GPSNav unit to log Wideband A/F (and display on gauge screens) with previous versions.

For some reason my LC1 doesn't want to log any more with the same XML definition that has always worked before:

<DataListItem DataLog="Y" Color="" Display="Wideband AFR" LogReference="WideBand" RequestID="12" Eval="0.05859*x+7.35" Unit="AFR" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="22" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="22" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="false" />

John-
Old Nov 1, 2010, 02:05 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by wip
Scroll slowly, figure out what is going to be displayed next before it crashes.
Go into your XML and find the item that is causing the crash. You'll probably need to add the scaling
This is the only fix I've found so far...
This is last weeks news. Firstly this is the wrong thread. You are talking about EcuFlash not EvoScan. Secondly if you are running the beta versions you really need to be in the loop. This is not an issue with the current release version of ecuflash, and is already fixed in the EcuFlash beta version v1.43.3172 on the website here: http://www.evoscan.com/free-ecu-rom-downloads. There is v1.43.3177 but why publish it? nobody on this forum seems to be interested in PM me the beta bugs. you can't publish beta bugs on a forum.. they stay around for up to 3 years and give a false impression of ECUFlash to newcomers. Please be considerate to newcomers 6mths from now.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 02:14 AM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by nothere
Email me your gauge you want to be upgraded and I'll upgrade it for you. Ya just need to put the new fields into the gauge template from the new gauge features introduced into v2.2, its a very simple process to update the gauge template text file.
Also from v2.2 onwards it will keep your versioning, hence the new versioning number system in the template txt files. Also there is numerous fixes in the gauge font sizes etc, that could put your gauges out a little, I can also help you with this. Overall the EvoScanPPC v2.2 is faster and uses less memory, so you definitely want to be using it.

You can switch back and forth, just rename the current EvoScanPPC folder to EvoScanPPCv2.1, and the v2.2 to EvoScanPPC, if you want to switch back rename the EvoScanPPCv2.1 back to EvoScanPPC, and the other to EvoScanPPCv2.2
Old Nov 1, 2010, 02:21 AM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by JohnnyTSi
Another gotchya with the GPSNav unit and v2.2 beta:

I have my LC1 Wideband connected to my rear O2 sensor pin (E8 mod). I've been using my GPSNav unit to log Wideband A/F (and display on gauge screens) with previous versions.

For some reason my LC1 doesn't want to log any more with the same XML definition that has always worked before:

<DataListItem DataLog="Y" Color="" Display="Wideband AFR" LogReference="WideBand" RequestID="12" Eval="0.05859*x+7.35" Unit="AFR" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="22" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="22" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="false" />

John-
That doesn't sound like my code my code is perfect.. must be a user error

PM me your full data.xml file and I'll check it out for you. In the meantime can you check if the reading is displayed on the main screen when datalogging. and that you haven't set the wrong settings in the main settings screen..

1) Show Readings (tick) because if its unticked then you won't see any readings on the main screen (untick this for performance when you only want to use the gauge screens)
2) Gauge Display Only (untick) because if its ticked then you won't see any readings if its not loaded up in your gaugetemplate txt file. (tick this for performance when you only want to send requests to the vehicle ecu for gauges displayed on the current gauge screen you are viewing, when you switch to the next gauge screen, then the requests to the vehicle will automatically change to reflect the gauges displayed. This also affects the csv log data, because thats how it gets faster.. by logging only those necessary)
Old Nov 1, 2010, 04:02 AM
wip
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evoscan
Download EcuFlash 1.43.3172 BETA (Windows XP/Vista/7 x86/x64)
- Fixes crashes when scrolling.

http://www.evoscan.com/free-ecu-rom-downloads
Originally Posted by SkyNight
- NO Fixes crashes when scrolling.
This is last weeks news. Firstly this is the wrong thread. You are talking about EcuFlash not EvoScan. Secondly if you are running the beta versions you really need to be in the loop. This is not an issue with the current release version of ecuflash, and is already fixed in the EcuFlash beta version v1.43.3172 on the website here: http://www.evoscan.com/free-ecu-rom-downloads. There is v1.43.3177 but why publish it? nobody on this forum seems to be interested in PM me the beta bugs. you can't publish beta bugs on a forum.. they stay around for up to 3 years and give a false impression of ECUFlash to newcomers. Please be considerate to newcomers 6mths from now.
Woooahhh, chill out.

I was answering a question from someone regarding something YOU posted, in YOUR thread, about ECUFLASH. So how am i in the wrong thread?

And FWIW, this problem still exists on the beta that YOU posted a link to...

Sorry for trying to be helpful...
Old Nov 2, 2010, 03:57 AM
Silver Sponsor

so EcuFlash still crashes for wip and skynight because of bugs in the xml files. is anyone gonna log a support call to my support desk with the xml files? that would be very helpful thanks normally its easier to code around peoples xml bugs than it is to try and show everyone how to make the xml files correctly. Actually thinking about it. why can't ecuflash just tell you the xml line number that has the bug, rather than crashing out.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 04:02 AM
And
Evolving Member

I've been fixing a lot of bugs in xmls lately and have found that its either due to an address=0 or a scale is missing, I think we need a respository setting up with complete and fixed xmls?
Old Nov 2, 2010, 05:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
reply to the ticket, it will jump to the top of my list again
I've replied to the ticket again, PM'd you the link and ticket number like you asked also and still have NO RESPONSE.

This is seriously pissing me the **** off.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

That doesn't sound like my code my code is perfect.. must be a user error
in this case you were correct! I managed to get my Wideband displaying again in v2.2beta

2) Gauge Display Only (untick) because if its ticked then you won't see any readings if its not loaded up in your gaugetemplate txt file.
This gave me the clue I needed to sort it out.

Thanks,
John-
Old Nov 2, 2010, 11:43 AM
Evolving Member

Is there any way to reduce the logged values precision? Looking at all of the decimal places on some of these logged values just doesn't make sense to me.

Having my Wideband log 13.67772:1 AFR or my TPS log 12.94118% is a bit over the top.

(The actual logged values found in the CSV files)

Thanks,
John-

Last edited by JohnnyTSi; Nov 2, 2010 at 01:48 PM.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

there shoud be a line in the gauge.txt doc for decimal places... make the value 2 or whatever you want.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 01:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
there shoud be a line in the gauge.txt doc for decimal places... make the value 2 or whatever you want.

I've already found this setting, I'm talking about the logged values inside the saved CSV file(s)

<original post updated to clarify>

Thanks,
John-
Old Nov 3, 2010, 05:18 AM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by JohnnyTSi
I've already found this setting, I'm talking about the logged values inside the saved CSV file(s)
The csv log file stores the most detail possible. I checked inside and out, there has never been a decimal place setting in EvoScan nor EvoscanPPC.

You can format that column in Excel to 0.00 and save as xlsx file format if you like.

Quick Reply: EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review