Notices
ECU Flash

EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hamish weren't we suppose to get emails when a new version came out? The website never lets me login to get software updates. It always says I'm registered but doesn't sign into the page.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 06:18 AM
Evolving Member

This is my first skin for EVO Scan GPS. It is a very simple skin for track days.
The important thing in track is the visibility.
There are the most important parameters, up to now it is an alpha release, when I will test the skin I’ll published.
Attached Thumbnails EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review-evoscan_gps_sky.jpg  

Last edited by SkyNight; Nov 20, 2010 at 07:06 AM.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 05:24 PM
Silver Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Nice one skynight, max EGT I presume is that large red number to the right of EGT. I agree that is the most important to see the effects of heat soak on a racetrack, that the dyno never takes into account.

your photo is not very clear, because I know that the display unit displays pixels very clearly. pity there isn't a screenshot program for windowsCE, there probably is. I am going to make a windows Template editor, so this should help.

I think I need to do some nicer peak AFR, don't you think? so that we can see the min AFR at 6500-7200 rpm which is when AFR really matters for detrimental damage to the engine from knock.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 05:26 PM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mike01gsr
Hamish weren't we suppose to get emails when a new version came out? The website never lets me login to get software updates. It always says I'm registered but doesn't sign into the page.
for 3 bug fixes for people via my support desk, I didn't bother sending an email for this version. I am building a blog(twitter) on my homepage that you can subscribe too, this will help for minor updates and minor news. I will continue to send update emails when there is a major version release.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 02:00 PM
Silver Sponsor

I am building a new community roms and xml database website, does anyone have some html style skills? mine is a bit lacking as you can see

http://d645117.site90.com/rom.php?order=id
Old Dec 4, 2010, 12:10 PM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by SkyNight
This is my first skin for EVO Scan GPS. It is a very simple skin for track days.
The important thing in track is the visibility.
There are the most important parameters, up to now it is an alpha release, when I will test the skin I’ll published.
I am building a gauge designer, so it should make designing these much easier.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone have a pic of ecuscan gps unit in there evo 8?
I am getting tired of lugging my netbook back and forth to the car, but wanted to see where people put them in the car. besides windshield mount
Old Dec 28, 2010, 01:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
evoscan forums WTF ??

Hammish, I gotta ask! What's up with your evoscan forums ?? I can't believe that this is what you had planned for the site:

So far it has been a pretty big disappointment! If you're not going to maintain the site and provide support for your products, you should just close the forums down!

A Paying Customer,
John-
Attached Thumbnails EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review-capture.jpg  
Old Dec 29, 2010, 04:37 AM
Silver Sponsor

Yeah I keep deleting the spam, but it keeps coming back. I'm not sure how. Any ideas?
Old Dec 29, 2010, 11:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evoscan
Yeah I keep deleting the spam, but it keeps coming back. I'm not sure how. Any ideas?

Lock down user registration to paying customers and then systematically ID and remove those user IDs that are posting spam.

It would also really be nice if you posted on the forum occasionally to answer questions!

John-
Old Dec 30, 2010, 06:46 AM
Silver Sponsor

Thanks for the tips Johnny, I implemented one of those enter the image letters captchakey thingys to stop spam engines registering, and there is over 500 spam users, it will take me the rest of the week to delete them. and I have started responding to some of the forum questions
Old Dec 30, 2010, 06:47 AM
Silver Sponsor

Since I'm building EvoScan for iPad & iPhone & Andriod & GPSNav(Windows Mobile), I thought it made sense to put together a Gauge Designer software that can create templates for all 4 versions of EvoScan Mobile Apps. You can download Gauge Designer v1.2 from here: http://www.evoscan.com/gpsnav

Old Dec 30, 2010, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
EvoScan for the iPhone would be sick.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 03:11 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the tips Johnny, I implemented one of those enter the image letters captchakey thingys to stop spam engines registering, and there is over 500 spam users, it will take me the rest of the week to delete them. and I have started responding to some of the forum questions
Excellent I just went over to the forum and logged in using the new captcha thingy, it took me a few tries but I got in. This should keep the spambots out.

Since I'm building EvoScan for iPad & iPhone & Andriod & GPSNav(Windows Mobile), I thought it made sense to put together a Gauge Designer software that can create templates for all 4 versions of EvoScan Mobile Apps. You can download Gauge Designer v1.2 from here: http://www.evoscan.com/gpsnav

This is majorly kewl! I can't wait to try it out. - Unfortunately it looks like I'm not on the GPSNav owners list and so can't download it. I've submitted a ticket.

I'll bet I'm not the only one who had high hopes that your new forum would turn into an invaluable resource for logging/tuning our cars. Keep up the good work.

Thanks,
John-
Old Dec 30, 2010, 03:44 PM
Evolving Member

Ipad for evoscan

Can you do the same thing with Ipad that you can do with Navigation screen ? What I mean is can you dattalog runs and flash ecu the same way or no?

Quick Reply: EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review