Notices
ECU Flash

EvoScan v2.6 And New EvoScan GPS/Logger/Reflashing Touchscreen Review

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2013, 07:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not sure if Hamish visits here that often, but just in case (or if anyone else can help)

I'm trying to get some clarification about exactly what is required to get EvoScan and a Limitless 1.3U cable to be able to read/bleed the ACD/AYC. This is on a JDM Evo 7.

It seems there is very little detail about the requirements to make it work or people who have successfully done this, yet it sounds like EvoScan should be able to do it with the right combination?

I have tested it on my car and I just get 'no response from vehicle ECU' as per below. Doesn't matter if I choose ACD or AYC, or try and start the datalogger or activate one of the actuators.

This is using EvoScan 2.9.0023 and a Limitless 1.3U cable with pin 9 removed. I assume I am selecting all the correct device/ecu type options in EvoScan? I also tried EvoScan 2.7 with no luck.

I also checked the pins on my cable and there is definitely continuity between 1 and pin 15. My cable has pins 1, 4, 5, 7, 11, 15 and 16. But definitely NO pin 9. From what I have read so far, that should be what is required for Evo 4-9 AYC/ACD support?? It would be great if Hamish can confirm this and let me know what I'm missing...

I am trying to get a few people from Australia to try different car/cable combinations to see what the secret is to make this work! Any tips much appreciated

Last edited by Eisen7; Aug 6, 2013 at 07:57 PM.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm unable to edit/add data items using Evoscan v2.9.0092 (or any version for that matter)- the error I get when trying to edit/add items is:

"Sorry, errors were found in the original data.xml, you can not save the xml file until all errors are corrected first"

I have not edited any of the xml files- I tried searching and have seen others post about this error but no solution ever posted. I am able to connect read/write using ecuflash and am able to datalog using evoscan, but can't edit/add any items. Any help or insight would be much appreciated....

Edit: I think it's important to disclose the fact that I'm running win 7 on osx using parallels- I haven't had any issues up until now. I'm thinking EvoScan can't see the directory properly and/or is a strange permissions issue....

Last edited by 6spdlegend; Apr 26, 2015 at 01:40 PM.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 01:38 PM
Silver Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
send in a support ticket with all the xml files zipped up from
\Documents\EvoScan v2.9\DataSettings\

also a screenshot of what your evoscan looks like, the ecu selected etc.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evoscan

thanks for the prompt response- ticket submitted (WGN41DT7P7)
Old Apr 29, 2015, 07:19 AM
Evolving Member

I submitted a trouble ticket with the information request but have still yet to receive a response. I am unable to use this software that I paid for so your help would be much appreciated. Is there a way to get more verbose logging and or debug mode to see some kind of stack trace?
Old May 5, 2015, 06:22 PM
Evolving Member

It has been a week since I followed your advice and opened a ticket. I am still unable to use this software and would appreciate if you could provide me with an evoscan 2.6 serial so I can test that version. For now I am making changes to dataitems in the config files directly but I am also having an issue getting proper values for my wideband and have read that older version of evoscan might work.....