2nd December 2009 Updated: EvoScan GPS Navigator
EvoScan GPS Navigator v1.7 beta now supports EvoX! More gauge layout and peak hold support coming this month.
EvoScan v2.7 will also be released this month, with fixes for H8 map tracer and power / torque graph smoothing, and also map editing features via EvoScan maptracer
4th October 2009 Updated: EvoScan v2.7 Beta5
- New Feature: Added "Set DataLog Folder..." option under the Logging menu.
- New Feature: EvoX SST Gearbox Temp Reading added to 2008 JDM EvoX
You can download and extract the files in this zip file into your exisiting evoscan v2.6 installation folder. (c:\Program files\Evoscan\EvoScan v2.6\)
EvoScan GPS Navigator DisplayUnit - 13th September 2009
13cm x 9cm Full colour 480x272 Resolution/Datalogger/Reflashing/Touchscreen
EvoScanPPCv1.6.zip <- EXE only, just extract and overwrite your existing EvoScanPPC.exe in the SD Card \EvoScanPPC\ folder.
(Login to your EvoScan GPSNav website for the latest update)
New Features For EvoScan GPSNav Software - EvoScanPPC v1.6
- NEW: The saveddatalog files now save in a sequential order, so regardless of the date/time stamp, you will always be able to find the latest log file.
- NEW: MUTII EFI ECU Actuators now working on my Evo7/8 ecu. Should work on other ecus too.
- FIX: Connects to Evo7/8 ecu for reflashing now, timing issue introduced in v1.5 by accident. Also allows reflashing even when a wideband USB cable is attached, before it would select the wrong usb cable.
- NOTE: You can READ DTC and CLEAR DTC, even when the car is driving. Great for when the check engine light comes on whilst driving to see if it is important enough to pull over the car to the side of the road or not.
- NOTE: I tested the read/write ECU ROM reflash whilst driving, it shut my car down, so I would recommend pulling over before read or write ECU roms.
- FIX: Connects more readily when the device is disconnected on its own, mostly with the Wideband connected this happens.
- FIX: The alarms would not save and load correctly after restarting EvoScanPPC, now the alarms will work even after closing and re-opening EvoScanPPC.
- NOTE: AYC/ABS Actuators are currently not finished yet. AYC/ABS DTC codes are currently not finished yet.
- NOTE: LapTimer and 1/4Mile screens are greyed out because they are currently work in progress.
12th September 2009: EvoScan v2.7 beta3 released, download here
- EvoX CAN OBDII support added.
- EvoX MapTracer support added.
- Misc performance improvements.
8th August 2009 EvoScan GPS Navigator Version 1.5 Released.
- Connects to FTDI to Serial USB Adapter for Innovate LC1 wideband readings.
yes it must be FTDI brand adapter cable, you can check on windows to be sure using usbview to be certain
your serial to usb adapter contains the correct VID 0403 and PID 6001 (PID CC4A will also work)
- EVO9 ECU Rom Read/Write Reflashing Supported. (2005-07 Mitsubishi Evo9/EclipseAT)
- EVO7/8 ECU Rom Read/Write Reflashing Supported. (2001-05 Mitsubishi Evo7/8/Lancer/GS/GT)
- LogSeconds in the csv log file would reset to 0 when autoreconnect is enabled, this is now fixed.
- Alarms would save ok, but when going to edit them, the list only showed the last alarm duplicated down the list, this is now fixed.
- Sometimes I would double click the EvoScan menu icon by accident and it would load two copies of EvoScan,
which caused the second copy of EvoScan that was open to have an error connecting to the Cable which
was already in use by the other EvoScan copy. this is now fixed.
The Download for EvoScanPPC v1.5 is available on the GPSNav private website. If you own an EvoScan GPSNav, and don't have a link to this private website, log a support call at www.evoscan.org/helpdesk/
29th July 2009: EvoScan v2.6 Beta19 released!
Download EvoScan Beta19 here
(registered users only. Unregistered users get your registration number from www.evoscan.com
- Removed some beta testing code, logging speed increased 10 fold.
- Updated Rear02Sensor LC1AFR mode23 address for USDM EvoX and USDM RA EvoX
28th July 2009: EvoScan v2.6 Beta18.
- Auto selects "OpenPort" cable for ecu logging when a openport cable as well as usb-serial adapter is connected.
- New USDM Mode23 Items
- New JDM Mode23 Items
- New JDM RS Mode23 Items
25th July 2009: Great news, Today I started on doing some upgrades for the GPSNav. Expect to see EvoScan GPSNav v1.4 out in the next few weeks. Features I plan in this version are:
GPSNav v1.4 Features/Enhancements
1) csv logs LogSeconds counter no longer resets to zero on auto reconnect, v1.3 would make the log look like a sewing machine in EvoScan log viewer
2) Unlimited Alarm support (v1.3 only supported 1 alarm at a time)
3) GPSNav Innovate Wideband LC1 serial logging support (yes I tried it out today on mine, its awesome!, I got it working just with a little simple mini usb hub and my "usb to serial adapter" that I sell on my website for $17.50)
4) GPSNav AEM UEGO serial logging (when my AEM arrives next week)
5) Evo9 Reflashing support (if I get an Evo9 ecu sent to me next week)
25th July 2009: EvoScan v2.6 Beta17.
- ADDED OBDII DATALOGGING SUPPORT for OpenPort1.3U and OpenPort 2.0
- this will work with ALL vehicles 1996-2008 (OBDII)
(the government should have mandated Generic OBDII be fast, lol! EvoScan makes it as fast as it can, its still a waste of time for Mitsubishi owners, stick with MUTII)
- Relabelled all the protocols and devices.
- More support for OpenPort 2.0 and Evo7/8/9 Actuators+DTC
- More support for 2008/09 JDM EvoX Mode23 (thanks SiC)
- More support for multiple
- Added a new checkbox to "Display only selected items" hides the dataitems you're not logging at that time.
2nd July 2009: EvoScan v2.6 Beta16.
- FULL support for evo7/8/9 and openport2 USB cables.
- MUTII DTC support for op2
- OBDII DTC support for op2
- MUTII Actuator Support for op2
- Fixed openport2 freeze when vehicle was not plugged in.
- Minor Map Tracer enhancements.
- Minor Power graphing enhancement.
- Faster op2 datalogging
- Disabled multithreading by default. (enable this from the logging menu if you want a more responsive UI)
- removed evo7/8 rom hex files to decrease the download installer file size.
21st June 2009: EvoScan v2.6 Beta15.zip
- Updated US and JAP/EU EvoX Mode23 items in data.xml.
- Updated graphing scales in data.xml for EvoX logging.
- CAN logging speed increased.
- Dataitem Editor fixed and now enabled.
- Vista64bit checking, and automatic folder permission setting for Vista.
Work in Progress:
- EvoX CAN formulas
- EvoX Read DTC and ClearDTC - work in progress.
- EvoX Transmission datalogging - work in Progress.
9th June 2009: EvoScan v2.6 beta 14
-now supports upwards of 120 samples per second datalogging via CAN for EvoX!
11 April 2009: EvoScan v2.6 beta 11 released
- You still need to install EvoScan v2.5 full registered version first.
- EvoScan v2.6 beta 11 now has support for OpenPort2.0 and basic support for EvoX datalogging.
- EvoScan v2.6 beta 11 now supports vista64bit wideband LC1 serial datalogging.
OpenPort2.0 + Evo9 or earlier:
Select OpenPort2.0 radio button, select Mitsubishi radio button, the baudrate is still default, select ECU as EFI
Diagnostic Trouble Codes for openport2.0 cables is not yet ready.
OpenPort2.0 + EvoX/CAN:
Select OpenPort2.0 radio button, select EvoX/CAN radio button, the baudrate is 500000, select ECU as EvoX
Purchase your OpenPort 2.0 and 1.3U cables from www.limitless.co.nz/cables
14th March 2009 - New For EvoScan Display Unit Software v1.3
GPS Navigator v1.3 is now available for download by registered users from the new private GPSNav website.
The Ecu reFlash read/write screen can now connect after dataogging, and it will cancel the datalogging if its still running.
ReFlash Evo9 Support - please let me know if this is working on Evo9 ecus.
Lap Timer EXAMPLE Only Screen.
1/4 Mile EXAMPLE Only Screen.
Actuators is EXAMPLE Only Screen.
23rd February 2009 - New For EvoScan Display Unit Software v1.2
Auto Start Feature, such as auto start logging, auto start csv logging, auto display gauges on connection.
0% Throttle Position Sensor Fix option, this displays the TPS sensor as 0 on the gauges calculated from the minimum value received for the TPS.
You can choose from the Options->Settings which items you would like to see on the Gauges. Choose any dataitem for each of the 5 Numeric Gauges.
Alarms option, so that you can be warned via the built in speaker of high temperatures, high knock sum, or high injector duty cycle, etc. You can set up any combination of alarms.
The Actuators screen is available from the options menu, even though this is still in progess, you can see how it is going to work in the next verison.
Diagnostic Codes now has 4 options, OBDII DTC CELs, MUTII EFI, MUTII AYC, MUTII ABS ecus.
RPM gauge now calculates as it should.
the Options-> Desktop feature now leaves EvoScan running in the background, so that you can run other apps simultaneously.
- Fuel Consumption calculations mpg and km/100L.
- EFI/AYC/ABS Actuators support.
- More Gauge screens.
- OpenPort 2.0 support.
- Multitask between Applications using the external buttons.
- 0-100, 0-60ft times.
- Lap Timer, and Sector Times.
- GPS data logging.
January 2009 - New EvoScan GPS Navigator
- Full colour 480x272 Resolution/Datalogger/Reflashing/Touchscreen - Supports MUT-II 1996+ Mitsubishis. now available, since 9th February 2009.
January 2009 - EvoScan v2.6 Beta8 version available.
Vista 64bit logging support. (download EvoScan v2.6 beta8 here
) Let me know any issues asap.
You can go to the folder c:\program files\evoscan\ and make a copy of the "EvoScan v2.5" folder and rename it to "EvoScan v2.6 beta8" and then extract the EvoScanUPGRADEv2.6beta8.zip over the top of the new "EvoScan v2.6 beta8" folder.
New For EvoScan v2.6 beta8
- Added: EvoScan Reflashing Mitsubishi Evo9 or other SH7055 ecus.
- Fixed: EvoScan Vista 64bit now works with datalogging. I changed some compiler settings and have now got it working correctly. EvoScan also now uses HKEY\CurrentUser for settings, as Vista no longer allows HKEY\LocalMachine for storing settings.
- Added: Wideband LC1 Recalibration Feature under the Wideband menu, this Free Air Recalibration, it also sets the LC1 sensor setting to 14.7 (Gasoline) so that the A/F Ratio displays correctly when logging.
- Fixed: Wideband LC1 missing values in the csv log. It will now also log zeros when the oxygen levels are spinning or the device is initializing, also I have capped the wideband logging at 50AFR so that its easier to view the logs on the graphs without the wild high values after lifting off the accelerator.
- Added: Pre1997 Display Diagnostic Codes is now added back on request, this means that if the "Display DTCs" can't get an OBDII diagnostic code response, it will attempt the old mitsubushi MUTII diagnostic trouble codes method, ideal for Evo4/5/6.
- Updated: Actuator Mode from SAS mode to Speed Adj Srew mode. Tired of your idle not settling very well after the battery is disconnected, now you can set the idle setting screw correctly, and make your car run smoother off throttle.
- Updated: Added 1byte Load for Tephra's ecu mod.
- Updated: MapTracer now auto loads xml file based on bin/hex/rom file.
- Updated: Dataitem Priority number now enabled, a value of 2 will mean that the dataitem will only be checked every 2nd cycle, a value of 10 will mean the value will only update once every 10 full cycles.
- Updated: In progress, openport 2 cable support.
- Updated: MapTracer now displays a border around the cell you have clicked on to easily reference the actual values to the ROM values.
- Updated: MapTracer now displays an enhanced tooltip with a column containing the Interpolated Target value based on the ECU ROM file's Actual Load and Actual RPM. This value is what the ecu calculated as the Target Timing or Target AFR was at the time the vehicle was running.
- Updated: Diagnostic Trouble codes now looks for 1996+ vehicle DTCs first (i.e. evo7/8/9+), then checks for Pre 1996 Vehicle DTCs (i.e evo4/5/6)
- Updated: ChartMin and ChartMax in the data.xml is used for displaying a second scaled axis on the right hand side. perfect for Wideband sensor graphing with a scale of 10-16 AFR. Thanks Tephra for testing that out.
- Updated: Evo7/8 Reflashing support.
Outstanding EvoScan issues being worked on: (your issue not being addressed here? send me a support ticket at www.evoscan.org/helpdesk
- OpenPort 2.0 now Supported, beta9 - not yet released until DTC is done.
- DTC for OpenPort 2.0 and MUT DTC support. In progress this weekend.
- Wideband Serial port logging in Vista 64bit, requires a serial port code rewrite, in progress this week.
- Evo10 Datalogging Support (OP2.0 usb cables only) nearly done, 100 to 190 Samples per second.
- Evo5/6 Reflashing support. - Inprogress.
- Evo10 Reflashing support. - Inprogress.
New Standalone GPS Touch Screen!!
New Standalone EvoScan GPS Navigator - Full colour 480x272 Resolution/Datalogger/Reflashing/Touchscreen
You can display your live vehicle parameters on your dashboard without a laptop, via the 16pin diagnostic connector and MUTII protocol. You can get the same display items as EvoScan. The dimensions of the display unit is 13cm by 9cm, and has an EvoScan USB adapter plug for your OpenPort 1.3U cable, which plugs directly into your vehicles 16pin diagnostic port under the dashboard. Supports all Mitsubishi MUTII vehicles - All 1994+ Mitsubishi Vehicles support this.
- EvoScan GPS Navigator (GPS/MP3/Movie Player/EvoScan/Mitsi Reflashing)
- GPS Receiver, Windscreen suction.
- GPS Navigation
Software available: TomTom Navigator v7, GarminXT v6, iGo v4, I can help with sourcing local maps for your country.
- Connect a EvoScan 1.3U or EvoScan 1.4E Cable for Datalogging and Reflashing.
- Comes with a 1Gb SDCard for logging and storing roms for reflashing.
support for Datalogging, DTC Codes, Actuators, Gauges, Alarms.
- ECUFlash read/write ROMS
from your ecu. Supports 2001-2007 Mitsubishi (for example Evo7/8/9/GS/GT/OZ)
- Full Colour Touchscreen (480x272 32bit colour resolution)
Music Player (play your SDCard full of MP3s via the build in speaker, or plug an external amplifier directly into the LCD device 3.5mm audio plug)
- MPEG4 Movie
Player (convert your DVD format to MP4 format and watch your favourite DVDs in the car in widescreen resolution 480x272 )
- Free EvoScan GPS Navigator software updates via Internet onto your SDCard.
- Supports Mitsubishi MUTII 1994-2007 (Subaru and OBDII support coming soon)
Here are some more pictures I took of the actual real live display-units before packaging them up today to send to those who have pre-ordered.
- Accessories include:
Windscreen Attachment, EvoScan USB Adapter cable, 12v Car Charger, 1Gb SD Card for storing logs, roms, gps maps, mp3s, dvd videos. (EvoScan OpenPort 1.3U USB cable is separate) Now Available for immediate delivery.
It even runs on a battery if you want to go completely mobile with GPS navigation. Large mHa Battery! 4-5Hours with screen backlight on.
Here is a screenshot showing the 2nd axis now added to the Gauge Screen. If you add a ChartMin > 0 and a ChartMax to a logger dataitem then it will create an axis on the right hand side and scale it accordingly.
This thread is solely for talking about FEATURES and FEATURE REQEUESTS and do NOT post anything to do with any problems you have. please use the Questions and Answers thread for that. here
EvoScan v2.6 beta9 is proving to work very well with both v1.05 and v1.04 firmware of the OpenPort2.0 cable. Take a look at this:
EvoScan v2.6 beta9 with SuperSpeed enabled, log to disk disabled, and Multithreading disabled:
EvoX new datalogging values for beta10!!!! oh yeahh!! I'm sure I can come up with more too.
2008/09 EVOX EFI ECU:
Intake Sensor 44 deg c
Coolant Sensor 68 degC
MAP Sensor 102.4kpa
Airflow Sensor 1171.9 mV
APS Main 996.1 mV
TPS 722.7 mV
TPS max 4375.0mV
TPS(main) learn 859.4mV
Ignition Advance 61CA
Injection Time 0.0ms
LTFT Bank1 -1.2%
STFT Bank1 0.0%
Knock Retard 0.0CA
Knock Learn 100%
VVT Intake 15.0CA
VVT Exhaust -25.0CA
Purge Relay Duty 0.0%
Throttle Actuator 6.7%
ETV Idle Open 0.7V (electronic throttle valve?)
ISC Learn (A/C off) 0.0 L/S
ISC Learn (A/C on) 0.0 L/S
Absolute Load 0.0 %
Accelerate Load 0.0%
Crank Signal Off
Airflow Sensor 0.40g/s
Front 02 Sensor 0.000V
Rear 02 Sensor 0.000V
APS 102 kPa
TPS relative 6.7%
APS Main 19.6%
Fuel Status 1 0L
Read/Clear EFI Trouble Codes
2008/09 EVOX ABS ECU
Longitudinal G-Sensor 0.000G
Horizontal G-Sensor 0.022G
Yaw Rate sensor 0.0
Brake Level Switch NORMAL
Engine RPM 0.0 rpm
Engine Torque 0.0Nm
Expected Gear Value D N R
Current Gear Value R D
Brake Sensor OFF
Horizontal G-Sensor Offset Value -0.007G
CVI Oil Temp
Primary Gear Speed 4096 r_min
real engine torque
correct engine torque
gear position 1st
Read/Clear ABS Trouble Codes