Notices

The definitive EcuFlash Evo 10 thread

Old Dec 1, 2008, 11:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab

Boost Control:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Base Wastegate duty Maps

This table is used to set your base turbo boost level off the first solenoid in the boost control system. It is based off wastegate (solenoid) duty cycle, TPS % and RPM. As you can see it is maxed out at 100% duty cycle at WOT from the factory

Base Wastegate Secondary Solenoid duty Maps

This table is used to set your base turbo boost level off the secondary solenoid in the boost control system. It is based off wastegate (solenoid) duty cycle and RPM.

Boost Target Engine Load Maps

This table is used for the boost error correction system to keep your base boost levels in check. It is based off a target load at TPS % and RPM

Boost Control Load Offset

This table number + the Boost Target Engine Load number = Target Load

Turbo Boost Error Correction

If the engine load is above or below the "Target Load" (see Boost Control Load Offset + Boost Target Engine Load tables) by a certain percentage, then actual wastegate duty cycle is added or subtracted depending on this table.

Boost Control RPM Crossover (Gear based)

This table is used to see the RPM/MPH crossover for gear based boost. In stock form, the GSR model does not take advantage of this feature (but can be tuned to do so). The MR model uses this feature to keep boost lower at approx 3000-5000rpm in 1st gear.

Boost Limit

This table sets the boost limit (fuel cut), based on load.

Boost Cut Delay Timer

This table tells the ECU how long the ECU will let the car be above the "Boost Limit" before it cuts fuel. 1000ms = 1sec
Bryan I have a question what are the X's you are tuning running in terms of boost in PSI if the WGDC is already at 100% stock? Are you pushing it over 100%? I'm confused and what is the secondary solenoid table for...?
Old Dec 1, 2008, 11:52 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Originally Posted by xbox4414
Bryan I have a question what are the X's you are tuning running in terms of boost in PSI if the WGDC is already at 100% stock? Are you pushing it over 100%? I'm confused and what is the secondary solenoid table for...?
You can up the boost with the 100% stock system with the secondary solenoid.

Swapping out the pressure side pill for a upgraded one makes it so you can tune less than 100% WGDC on the first solenoid for the same amount of boost.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 12:07 AM
Evolved Member

Oh so adding a pill will detune the first one and then if you tune it back to say 100% the boost levels will be higher. Makes sense. So does this mean the stock system on a stock tune and everything is maxed out on boost? And the only way to get more boost is with a pill?
Old Dec 2, 2008, 12:14 AM
EvoM Guru

Oh so adding a pill will detune the first one and then if you tune it back to say 100% the boost levels will be higher. Makes sense. So does this mean the stock system on a stock tune and everything is maxed out on boost? And the only way to get more boost is with a pill?
No you can get more boost with the stock system by upping the duty cycle on the second solenoid. The pill gives just gives you more boost.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

So any word as to how close to the public release we are yet?
Old Dec 2, 2008, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

Bryan 2 quick questions, how many flashes per "tuning session" do u do? Is it like base line a few times, tune once, dyno, check and readjust and then flash again?

Also how are you preventing P1235? People are saying ECUTeke prevents P1235, but what table is that under ECUFlash?
Old Dec 2, 2008, 09:10 PM
EvoM Guru

Bryan 2 quick questions, how many flashes per "tuning session" do u do? Is it like base line a few times, tune once, dyno, check and readjust and then flash again?
Depends on the car and mods. Some could take 5 to get solid, some could take 10, etc.

Also how are you preventing P1235? People are saying ECUTeke prevents P1235, but what table is that under ECUFlash?
P1235 is from hitting the airflow/torque limiters. You will be able to adjust that with the necessary tables.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

LOL, so unless it's a mail-in flash I'm guessing the flash count CAN rocket up. Any word on a limit of flashes an ECU can handle?

Is this the table for the airflow/torque limiters:

Or are there more tables than what you show?
Old Dec 2, 2008, 09:23 PM
EvoM Guru

No that is the boost limit based on load.

There are a bunch of tables I haven't posted yet.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 09:31 PM
EvoM Guru

LOL, so unless it's a mail-in flash I'm guessing the flash count CAN rocket up. Any word on a limit of flashes an ECU can handle?
I haven't seen any proof of any flash counters, I'm not saying there isn't any but I just haven't seen any proof.

Custom tunes are custom tunes, they take time to customize for your vehicle and modifications. Anyone that says they can custom tune a vehicle within 1 to 2 flashes either isn't custom tuning your vehicle and is just slapping a base flash on and verifying it with a quick tweak or just wants your money, or both.

If the ECU is anything like the evo 8 and 9 then it can be flashed a ton without any problems. I have over 500 flashes on my personal Evo 8 ECU with no issues. I have yet to hear of problems with too many flashes on the Evo ECU either.

Last edited by razorlab; Dec 2, 2008 at 09:37 PM.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

LOL well I'm looking in the current XML and all I see useful in elimination the 1235 could be one of the below:

- <table name="Airflow Check Map #1" category="Intake" address="5e949" type="3D" level="1" swapxy="true" scaling="ISCVSteps">
<table name="X" address="6248e" type="X Axis" elements="14" scaling="Volts16" />
<table name="Y" address="62466" type="Y Axis" elements="17" scaling="RPM" />
</table>

- <table name="Airflow Unknown #1" category="Intake" address="5ec3f" type="3D" level="1" swapxy="true" scaling="Load8">
<table name="X" address="624d6" type="X Axis" elements="6" scaling="ThrottleVoltage16" />
<table name="Y" address="624b0" type="Y Axis" elements="16" scaling="RPM" />
</table>
- <table name="Airflow Check Map #2" category="Intake" address="5ea3e" type="3D" level="1" swapxy="true" scaling="ISCVSteps">
<table name="X" address="6248e" type="X Axis" elements="14" scaling="Volts16" />
</table>
- <table name="Airflow Check map #3" category="Intake" address="5eb34" type="3D" level="1" swapxy="true" scaling="ISCVSteps">
</table>

+ <table name="Flow Check table" category="Intake" address="60a89" type="3D" level="1" swapxy="true" scaling="ISCVSteps">
<table name="X" address="62a72" type="X Axis" elements="21" scaling="Load" />
<table name="Y" address="62a5a" type="Y Axis" elements="9" scaling="RPM" />
</table>
Haha, I demand update to first post more more info. Hahah. JK. Thanks for helping a newbie Bryan.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 09:36 PM
EvoM Guru

That isn't the most current XML but yup that is part of the set of them.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 09:45 PM
Evolved Member

I haven't seen any proof of any flash counters, I'm not saying there isn't any but I just haven't seen any proof.

Custom tunes are custom tunes, they take time to customize for your vehicle and modifications. Anyone that says they can custom tune a vehicle within 1 to 2 flashes either isn't custom tuning your vehicle and is just slapping a base flash on and verifying it with a quick tweak or just wants your money, or both.

If the ECU is anything like the evo 8 and 9 then it can be flashed a ton without any problems. I have over 500 flashes on my personal Evo 8 ECU with no issues. I have yet to hear of problems with too many flashes on the Evo ECU either.
Oh wow, that is great news! Woot woot. I can't wait.

That isn't the most current XML but yup that is part of the set of them.
Oh Bryan, u are such a tease!!! Is it all check airflow maps then? LOL when u were talking about boost control a few weeks ago I didn't have a clue that turning up boost would require all this. Haha thanks for complicating my life when trying to solve tuning.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Here is the approx path a 100% stock Evo 10 takes through the Ignition and Fuel maps at WOT: (based on data logs of 5 different stock Evo 10s)

That is a ton of timing up top. Mitsu still loves to run the car rich as hell with a lot of timing up top. This is so old school

BTW, Bryan what software are you using to log the Evo X?
Old Dec 2, 2008, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Yup low 9's 100% stock.

With a good drop-in filter (K&N, HKS, etc) it will lean out about .5-.7 or so.

I dyno tested a HKS drop-in filter last week and it gained 20whp/15wtq just dropping it in.

An AEM intake with the whole upgraded intake tube and MAF housing will lean the car out over 1 full AFR point.
I am glad you confirmed this. For those who want to wait for ECUflash to get tuned it seems to be a good idea to get a TBE and an AEM intake to get started. That would lean out the car and give it more power.

Last edited by nj1266; Dec 2, 2008 at 09:56 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The definitive EcuFlash Evo 10 thread